The Big Bad Backlog Topic

Haha, how can you take a break from gaming when you have a backlog the size of a house??!! :anjou_wow: I have finished Fallen Order now (very good, it’s nice to have a ‘serious’ Star Wars game with such quality) and will embark on my Journey tommorrow…

(-) Jedi Fallen Order
Total items on list: 13
Next: Journey

1 Like

Aaaand it’s done! Thoughts in the topic Solo linked above.

(-) Journey
Total items on list: 12
Next: Probably Spirit of the North because it’s short, but then probably Detroit.

To prevent this becoming my own personal thread I think I’ll just update this one post as I progress! :anjou_happy:
Current backlog is as follows (:video_game: = currently playing):

SAT - Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 (Awaiting English translation)
DC - Ecco the Dolphin
DC - Fur Fighters
DC - Sega Rally 2
DC - Skies of Arcadia
PC - Far Cry New Dawn :video_game:

Total: 6

I did indeed play Spirit of the North next, which was really, really good. It felt a bit like Journey in many ways, although there is no multiplayer aspect you do have a sort-of-companion in the titular Spirit. It’s definitely worth picking up, and it isn’t very long either.

After this I decided to go through the Resident Evil remake series (RE0/1/2/3) which was a lot of fun, thoughts here and here. Then I had the urge to play Destiny so I be posted my thoughts on it and it’s sequel here. Detroit was next up, and I posted in the topic for that one too. And after about 15 years in the making, I’ve finally played and beaten Black Mesa too.

I’ve also purchased a physical copy of Shining Force 3 Scenario 2, in eager anticipation of hopefully soon being able to play it in English! Looking out for a deal on Scenario 3 too…

1 Like

I’ll likely be posting here again, so by all means keep the new posts and conversation going. The truth is that I just haven’t been playing many games recently. But since my last post I have completed:

• The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Life is Strange 2
  • Panzer Dragoon: Remake

There are seperate topics where I’ve shared my thoughts on those games.

The good news is that my backlog hasn’t grown (besides PDR) this year. In a way, it’s a bit of a blessing that The Last of Us: Part II has been delayed indefinitely since I can catch up on other titles instead.

Yes, and I expect Ghost of Tsushima and perhaps even Cyberpunk will go the same way, leaving me with nothing new till Q4. Maybe I’ll have no backlog by then…

I’ve just beaten Far Cry New Dawn, which means I now have no modern backlog! I just have the four Dreamcast games left to play and, when the translation is complete, SF3 sc2 and now sc3 as I’ve bought it also.

I’m gonna take a break for working on the backlog for a bit, there are some exciting new games coming up that I want to spend some quality time with. After that, I shall return to the glorious DC era!

1 Like

Well done on making such progress with your backlog @UrbanReflex. I can’t say the same as I’ve been reading a lot recently instead of gaming.

I’ve added another game to my backlog, or rather three games: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. It was free on the PlayStation Store recently. While I previously played through all three games featured in the collection on PS3, it’s been long enough since then that I’m keen to replay them in remastered form. I’ve only played through the first three chapters of the Uncharted 1 remaster but so far it holds up pretty well.

Since my last update here (in April 2020), I have completed the following:

• The Last of Us: Part II
  • Shenmue III
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (technically, three games)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Doom Eternal

Currently playing through Undertale (again) to experience the alternative endings. At this rate, I’m completing around 10 games per year, which is good indicator of when I’m buying too many of them. I did buy a number of these games this year, so my backlog size remains a similar size, but it’s good to have completed some of the larger titles such as FFVII.

Thanks Sega.

Recently I bought a new gaming PC, so I’ll be focusing on playing my (much larger) backlog there. However, in terms of my PS4 backlog, I’ve completed most of the exclusives in the list, so it makes sense to continue on PC where I can play the games with better performance. I also gave Destiny The Collection a try since the first game is only on console a try and put about 40 hours into it before losing interest.

How’s your backlog looking @UrbanReflex?

1 Like

I remember when this was true… :anjou_embarrassed:

Although actually it’s not too bad. I have Shining Force sc2+3 to play, I still need to play my unfinished Dreamcast games; Sega Rally 2, Skies of Arcadia (I know I know…), Fur Fighters and Ecco. And then I have Mass Effect Andromeda (which I’ll start playing once I’ve finished the prequel novel I’m currently reading) and Plague Tale. I also have Cyberpunk, which I got as a Christmas gift last year, but I don’t plan on playing it until the next gen patch is released so that doesn’t really count yet.

There’s almost nothing I want coming out next year - Destiny Witch Queen and maybe CrossfireX in Feb, and Starfield in November - but other than that I’m gonna try and knock out the oldies in the middle of the year. Might also pick up Jurassic World Evolution 2 and the Myst remake.

1 Like