Resident Evil 2 (2019 Remake)

resident-evil-series

For those interested in the RE2 Remake, it is pretty fantastic. This is how to do a remake the right way. Gameplay is downright pleasant now. The story is still as silly as ever, but the few changes they have made and the much better voice acting make a huge difference in at least keeping it fun. Capcom could have tried to make this serious, but they didn’t. I gather the dev team understood how silly the story was and decided to own it. I haven’t quite finished it yet, but definitely enjoying the playthrough. If only they could do this treatment to all the originals!

Games that you're looking forward to in 2019

I thought it was good as well. Beat Leon’s story a few weeks ago. I especially like the bosses. It kind of sucks though that you have to pay extra money to insert the original music back into the game as dlc…

Also, Capcom apparently is planning to make Resident Evil 3 now! They already have the graphics engine from this game, so they should be able to complete it in no longer than 2 years.

It makes sense that Capcom would continue to remake the older games while there’s money to be made. I’m not sure that Resident Evil 4-6 need to be remade; they’re all readily available on modern systems, but I can see Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast, PS2) getting a revisit at some point, especially as it features one of the protagonists from this latest remake.