Games that you're looking forward to in 2020

It’s time for the annual topic that looks forward to the next 12 months in gaming! Which games in this coming year are you going to play? And on top of that, are they any games already out that you’re planning to pick up / play?

My 2020 looks like this at the moment:

April 3rd - Resident Evil 3
April 28th - Gears Tactics
June 19th - The Last of Us Part II
July 17th - Ghost of Tsushima
September 25th - Panzer Dragoon Remake (Steam)
November 10th - Destiny 2: Beyond Light
November 17th - Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
December 8th - Call of the Sea
December 10th - Cyberpunk 2077

So… really not much in the way of new releases. I do of course have my backlog to attend to, so with any luck I’ll have finished Destiny 1/2 and Resident Evil 0/1/2 before things kick off in April. Other than these I’d like to play Jedi: Fallen Order, I might pick up Journey as someone tells me it’s rather good, and PS4 indie title Spirit of the North has also caught my eye.

So how about you?

1 Like

I wonder who that person is? They must have very good taste.

The games that I’m looking forward to this year are Panzer Dragoon: Remake, Doom Eternal, and The Last of Us: Part II. I might not pick up Doom Eternal straight away, but I’ll certainly play the remake and Last of Us sequel close to their release dates.

Other than that, at the top of my list are some of last years releases, in particular Shenmue III and Life is Strange 2.

Holy crap, I’d forgotten to add this to the list! It’s because I’m not following it on GameSpot (I get all my news for it here)!

1 Like

Panzer Dragoon Remake
Trials of Mana
Heart Forth Alicia (If it releases)
Lone Echo 2 (VR)
Half Life Alyx (VR)
Sable (If it releases)
FF7 Remake

The Verge wrote an article about upcoming games this year which is worth a read if you’re looking for ideas:

I had forgotten about Sable; I am indeed interested in playing it too. There’s also Tell Me Why, a new story driven game from the developer of Life is Strange.

Ha, almost forgot about FF7 Remake. Apparently, the demo was leaked and it contained the full game…

Halo
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Doom Eternal
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Bleeding Edge
Cyberpunk 2077
The Last Of Us II

Panzer Dragoon Remake (obviously)
FFVII remake
Animal Crossing: New Horizons

That’s about it for now unless I hear about another game I want later.

Streets of Rage 4
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Doom Eternal
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Cyberpunk 2077

Well, Cyberpunk has been delayed, but that’s okay with me really. It’ll help spread things out a little!

1 Like

Would rather they take the time and get it right then release a bug filled product.

I did see GameSpot were reporting the dev team will work “extra long hours” to finish the game now. It sounds like the previous release date wasn’t even close to being realistic. :anjou_sad: Delay it till next year if they must, just don’t kill anyone because of crunch!

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/cyberpunk-2077-dev-team-will-work-extra-long-hours/1100-6472839

Just been playing the PSO 2 beta on the One X. OMG its pure old school SEGA magic, this game is increabile