The clash of the consoles

True!
I have Metal Slug: 1st Mission, Fatal Fury and Sonic Pocket Adventure which I prefer to the Sonic Advance titles!

[quote=“Pete”]

True!
I have Metal Slug: 1st Mission, Fatal Fury and Sonic Pocket Adventure which I prefer to the Sonic Advance titles![/quote]

Ah metal slug. Truly a great series. I am proud to own Metal Slug 1 and 3 in thier glorious MVS arcade format.

Anyone picked up Metal Slug 3 for the PS2 yet? Its out in japan and getting an American release later this year (october/november i believe). Metal Slug Advance also comes out later this year for the GBA. And most importantly Metal Slug 5 is coming out this year as well! Woot! I believe it will be in arcades in October.

SNK was the best mainly cause of KoF for me…

I’m getting Metal Slug for the PSone when I can find it. It’s in limited supply and they might ban it for being racist!
My local drinking establishment used to have the Metal Slug arcade, as I used to work there I would spend most of my time…and money on that!

Metal Slug on ps one is quite bad, with ps one’s limited memory it freezes to load at set mid-level points, it’s annoying to get those action stopping freezes…and several times between levels too…just download mame and the metal slug rom, it should be about 13MB if I’m not mistaken =) good size even for 56k =)
Oh and to whoever said Metal Slug 5 is out soon, don’t you mean 4?
Cos so far there’s only 1, 2, X (just a remake of 2 with altered levels new weapons and enemies, not really a new game) and 3 and maybe other special versions of those that I don’t know about…so next one is 4, right? Can’t wait for it anyway =)

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]Metal Slug on ps one is quite bad, with ps one’s limited memory it freezes to load at set mid-level points, it’s annoying to get those action stopping freezes…and several times between levels too…just download mame and the metal slug rom, it should be about 13MB if I’m not mistaken =) good size even for 56k =)
Oh and to whoever said Metal Slug 5 is out soon, don’t you mean 4?
Cos so far there’s only 1, 2, X (just a remake of 2 with altered levels new weapons and enemies, not really a new game) and 3 and maybe other special versions of those that I don’t know about…so next one is 4, right? Can’t wait for it anyway =)[/quote]

Nope metal slug 4 is out and has been in arcades for quite some time. It was released on the Neo Geo homecart system in June of 2002 so it was probably in arcades earlier that year. So to calrify Metal Slug 5 will be out in arcades this year.

As for Metal Slug ports i hear the Saturn version of Metal Slug is fairly good. I believe it requires a RAM cart and it was only released in Japan. Its quite rare to boot! The playstation version Metal Slug X is also supposed to be decent. The PS2 port of Metal Slug 3 though is the best.

oh and TSK TSK on downloading the Metal Slug ROM. Please go and buy your games. I wanted to play Metal Slug so i bought the game. I didn’t download the rom.

LOL, so you are telling me that you never downloaded an illegal file huh :wink: riiiiiiight!!!
Either way, I didn’t want a console version, I wanted the arcade just as it is, therefor since I can’t really afford to buy an arcade machine (or even have space to put it lol) and games for it, I downloaded the rom and an arcade emulator :slight_smile: tsk tsk me all you want, I couldn’t care less :stuck_out_tongue:
I did own the jap ps one version btw, that’s how I know it sucks (apart from the neat special mission and survival models and level seletcs etc, but those aren’t enough to me to make up for the loading freezes and animation quality loss) but either way whatever even if I didn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, man metal slug! when I went to France there was an arcade one of that…spending large amounts of money on it I did…I fed it! lol, I had ?150 to blow on whatever and like ?30 maybe went to metal slug:Pmight of exagerrated there, but it was a damn lot me was spending!

OMG BERSERKER ?30?!

You’re crazy!

yeah I know, I got addicted to it, I was trying to get to the top of the leader board with a mate…we got to 2nd though, and forever shall we stay there…?30 well spent:P lol, well I spent about ?40 on cred it the last week or couple of weeks! just getting cred to txt me gf! sent like 400 txt:P

I spent ?30 over the course of a fortnight on “The Ocean Hunter”. My sarced initals (which at the time were ATD, Atolm The Dragon) still float there to this day.

They had a Virtua Tennis 2 machine at out local bowling alley… it took me ?4 to get to the top of the rankings.

Hehe nice story. Metal Slug is quite the series. When i get the money im going to pick up a copy of Metal Slug 2. Awhile ago i was trtying to get a 1 credit run through on metal slug but i could only get to around the 5th level before i ran out of lives (most of them lost on level 5). I have managed to score over 200,000 points on Mission 1 though :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for Metal Slug 5 to come out in arcades this month!

why have I not heard of all these other Metal Slug gamesO_O ya know, Metal slug was for Saturn somewhere…man, I was a master at metal slug back then…we were only like 1000 points off his high score as well damn it…it was DAMN high.

Its too bad none of the Metal Slug games have recieved GOOD ports to other systems. From what i hear the PSX Metal Slug 1 port is alright, and the Saturn vers is better. The PSX version of Metal Slug X isn’t to bad i hear. The Playstation 2 version of Metal Slug 3 is supposed to be quite good actually.

Metal Slug 2 and 4 have not seena port over to any next gen systems as of yet.

ah, alright, thanks for telling me that, it’s nice to be informed^^ Metal Slug was fun…but always at it’s best when playing with someone else^^

I’d kill for a Metal Slug “Mega Collection”…

What’s that? Kill Gehn?

Sharpens 9-inch blade

OK np :smiley:

Yeah i agree 2 player games are always more fun. Thats why i like Halo so much. The 2 player co-op moded is great.

[quote=“Aitrus”]

Yeah i agree 2 player games are always more fun. Thats why i like Halo so much. The 2 player co-op moded is great.[/quote]

oh, yeah 2 co-op is great on anything! Halo and Metal Slug were fine examples of that.

So everyone, what X-Box games can we look forward to, or better yet, eagerly anticipate?