Nintendo Revolution

[quote=“Pedro The Hutt”]
Mine sure didn’t. o.o;; Heck, it’s only now starting to show a bit of stubbornness in reading a disc, but that can be fixed by replacing the laser I’m sure. >.>;; Same thing happened with my Saturn. [/quote]

Seriously? Lucky little…
I had disc reading problems after quite a while, totally annoying…and then my first DC died on me after I went to school and left it on pause :anjou_wow: the fuse blew and took out most my DC with it.

Oh yeah of course, I mean, you can’t see an online persons face when you completely smoosh them into the ground can you? Good old miltiplayer is always good…but theres only a certain degree you can play to.
For example, I’m pretty damn good at Mario Kart Double Dash!! (and Mario Kart 64 for that matter) but no matter how much my friends try, I seem to always beat them. Myabe I know the courses a whole lot better or maybe their just all crap, but there isn’t really a challenge anymore. Out of 30 races, I may come first 28 and second the other 2 due to weapon based problems, course disasters, etc.
However, online there is a whole lot bigger range of people with different amounts of skill. Just be nice to have a proper challenge once and a while. Or to kick some n00bie butt whenever I feel like it.

I advise everyone to read the interview Parn posted.

The man says so much crap in those three pages I can’t even believe.I thought I was arrogant :anjou_wow:

He clearly is a stupid an senile old man.He mocks the Canadians (i assume he was talking about Bioware) as uncapable people.He says the PSP looks like a penis.anjou_wow: He says Nintendo is the epitome of creativeness.

What an ass!

Guys, that interview is clearly fake :anjou_happy:

Yep, it is fake. It is still funny, nonetheless.

[quote=“Berserker”]

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]Well yes Maybe but Sony’s advantage was that it had no real competition and it had all that goodwill from customers from the psx era. Yet as you said it took almost two years for sony to deliver on it’s promises like the online thing and others that has n’t/wont happen.

I can 't think of what Microsoft has n’t tried enough on besides promotion.[/quote]

Even though I do own a Dreamcast I have to say that in the times when it was released, it didn’t have much of a chance :anjou_disappointment:
Great step forward…yet how many people’s DC’s have died on them? Know my first one did :anjou_sad:

Xbox did finally get around to online…Xbox Live as we all know, but I hardly know anyone who actually uses it. As has been said, it didn’t do all that well.
GC? They did have online and for PSO fans it was excellent! Man, I played a lot of that :anjou_wow: yet the lack of other online games and promised online games did let it down…

Hasn’t been a good time for online console gaming :anjou_disappointment:[/quote]

Have you played much of LIVE ?. Everybody I knows loves it, and it’s hands down the best On-line gamming serives there is. M$ Delivered on it?s promise. It’s brilliant to play people from across the world in games like TOCA II, HALO II, Rallisport II Fifa 2005 to name but a few

Machines like the Saturn and DC took people on-line years before the X-Box for head to head on-line gamming.
Have so many happy memories of PSO and Quake III battles on the DC. If fact they are still the only consoles people can surf the web and check thier E-mail with.
You do really have to wonder why SEGA even wasted it time porting the PSO to the Cube though. We all know what NCL think about Online gamming

Talking of the DC SEGA lack of funds and 3rd party support cost it the battle, and the 32X cost SEGA full stop

Oh I never said that LIVE wasn’t any good, I just said that I don’t know many people who actually use it.

With the likes of Halo around, LIVE can’t be anything but good.

Don’t get me wrong either, I like the Xbox quite a lot. Halo brought feelings about that I hadn’t experiened since the likes of PDS and SF3. I didn’t just want to play it…I had to with every chance I got. Only a great type of game can pull that off.
In fact I’m playing a Halo soundtrack right as we speak.

( http://www.emuparadise.org/soundtracks/ if anyone would like to grab some Halo tracks + various other tracks, Metroid Prime, Sonic Adventure etc.)

I’m just an full on Ninty/Sega fan tis all.

Thing is though… that japanese mindset used to exist. >.>;; Especially after reading Shogun, an old geezer spouting such remarks sounds, well, a bit more credable. XD

[quote=“Berserker”]Oh I never said that LIVE wasn’t any good, I just said that I don’t know many people who actually use it.

With the likes of Halo around, LIVE can’t be anything but good.

Don’t get me wrong either, I like the Xbox quite a lot. Halo brought feelings about that I hadn’t experiened since the likes of PDS and SF3. I didn’t just want to play it…I had to with every chance I got. Only a great type of game can pull that off.
In fact I’m playing a Halo soundtrack right as we speak.

( http://www.emuparadise.org/soundtracks/ if anyone would like to grab some Halo tracks + various other tracks, Metroid Prime, Sonic Adventure etc.)

I’m just an full on Ninty/Sega fan tis all.[/quote]

Look I know there’s only about million LIVE users at the mo. Not the best, but not too bad all the same.

But LIVE is somthing else, it’s just likeplaying people on system link for most of the time Of coruse you get lag now and again. But with most games it’s not an issue. The easy of use and friends system is just the icing on the Cake.

If you every try it, you’ll never want to back. I’m online with my PS2, and that is such a joke it’s not even funny Online.

BTW I’m just a full SEGA fan myself :).

I signed up on Live 15 minutes ago or so.And I just finshed my first macth.Took a beating but it seems to me it’s gonna take a part of my life for sometime :anjou_happy:

[quote=“Berserker”]

[quote=“Pedro The Hutt”]
Mine sure didn’t. o.o;; Heck, it’s only now starting to show a bit of stubbornness in reading a disc, but that can be fixed by replacing the laser I’m sure. >.>;; Same thing happened with my Saturn. [/quote]

Seriously? Lucky little…
I had disc reading problems after quite a while, totally annoying…and then my first DC died on me after I went to school and left it on pause :anjou_wow: the fuse blew and took out most my DC with it.

Oh yeah of course, I mean, you can’t see an online persons face when you completely smoosh them into the ground can you? Good old miltiplayer is always good…but theres only a certain degree you can play to.
For example, I’m pretty damn good at Mario Kart Double Dash!! (and Mario Kart 64 for that matter) but no matter how much my friends try, I seem to always beat them. Myabe I know the courses a whole lot better or maybe their just all crap, but there isn’t really a challenge anymore. Out of 30 races, I may come first 28 and second the other 2 due to weapon based problems, course disasters, etc.
However, online there is a whole lot bigger range of people with different amounts of skill. Just be nice to have a proper challenge once and a while. Or to kick some n00bie butt whenever I feel like it.[/quote]

I was never aware of these problems of loading and the power shutting down until I saw my freind’s english DC.Is this a problem with the japanese versions as well?

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]

[quote=“Berserker”]

Seriously? Lucky little…

However, online there is a whole lot bigger range of people with different amounts of skill. Just be nice to have a proper challenge once and a while. Or to kick some n00bie butt whenever I feel like it.

I was never aware of these problems of loading and the power shutting down until I saw my freind’s english DC.Is this a problem with the japanese versions as well?[/quote]

It’s mainly a mainly a Pal DC problems which is easily solved by cleaning the internal power supply (have to take part the DC).

Also I do laugh when people go about playing mates in the same room, when talking about Internet gamming.

Also most every LIVE game that features online play does have 2/4 player split screen modes as well/ So LIVE owners have the best of both worlds.

Plus with game like HALO II and ESPN you can also take a gang of mates in the same room on LIVE as well.

I’ve got xbox live, but I’m begining to wish I hadn’t wasted my money on it. I only really use it for downloadable content, I hardly ever actually play games online, and when I do, I get bored of it really quickly.

Playing live is like playing offline with friends, but you don’t know the people you are against, so it seems pointless whether you win or lose, because you have no idea whether you just beat a seven year old playing for the first time, or the world champion. There are also tonnes of idiots who play on live with the sole intent of ruining everyone elses game, and they are generally very good at it too, which is something you don’t get if you are playing offline with friends.

I think I have had about 5 sessions on live in total, which really doesn’t seem worth the money. I think i’m going to cancel my subscription when I get the chance.

Although perhaps too late in the Xbox’s life span, what Microsoft need to do is release a good RPG for Xbox Live that costs the same as a standard LIVE game - with no extra fee. The problem with PSO is that you needed a separate subscription fee as well as Xbox Live to play the game. Your average gamer isn?t going to want to pay for broadband, Xbox Live, and another monthly or quarterly fee for one game, especially when that game could be played online or free on the Dreamcast.

I think that would get a lot more people on LIVE who didn’t just want to play versus games. Halo 2 is one of the best multiplayer games around, but not everyone wants to play ‘deathmatch’ games all the time… some games about exploration and cooperation would be nice too.

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]

Seriously? Lucky little…

I was never aware of these problems of loading and the power shutting down until I saw my freind’s english DC.Is this a problem with the japanese versions as well?

It’s mainly a mainly a Pal DC problems which is easily solved by cleaning the internal power supply (have to take part the DC).

Also I do laugh when people go about playing mates in the same room, when talking about Internet gamming.

Also most every LIVE game that features online play does have 2/4 player split screen modes as well/ So LIVE owners have the best of both worlds.

Plus with game like HALO II and ESPN you can also take a gang of mates in the same room on LIVE as well.[/quote]

I really should get XBOX live but its either that or the cost of a new game :anjou_sad:

[quote=“Drenholm”]I’ve got xbox live, but I’m begining to wish I hadn’t wasted my money on it. I only really use it for downloadable content, I hardly ever actually play games online, and when I do, I get bored of it really quickly.

Playing live is like playing offline with friends, but you don’t know the people you are against, so it seems pointless whether you win or lose, because you have no idea whether you just beat a seven year old playing for the first time, or the world champion. There are also tonnes of idiots who play on live with the sole intent of ruining everyone elses game, and they are generally very good at it too, which is something you don’t get if you are playing offline with friends.

I think I have had about 5 sessions on live in total, which really doesn’t seem worth the money. I think i’m going to cancel my subscription when I get the chance.[/quote]

Wouldn?t cancel the subscription, as you?ve already paid for 12 months of gamming. You won?t get a refund.

Also that?s is why there is a friends system. Of course you get the kn*b heads ect on LIVE. But you can ask or vote for them to be kicked, and if all else fails you can send feed back and report them through LIVE to M$.

After a few months of gamming you should get a decent friends list of players that you can get on with, and like their games ect.

Plus with most games having a ranking or rating system it?s very easy to join gamers that are at your level.

It?s not perfect, but it?s better than anything I?ve seen on the PS2 or PC for that matter

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]Although perhaps too late in the Xbox’s life span, what Microsoft need to do is release a good RPG for Xbox Live that costs the same as a standard LIVE game - with no extra fee. The problem with PSO is that you needed a separate subscription fee as well as Xbox Live to play the game. Your average gamer isn?t going to want to pay for broadband, Xbox Live, and another monthly or quarterly fee for one game, especially when that game could be played online or free on the Dreamcast.

I think that would get a lot more people on LIVE who didn’t just want to play versus games. Halo 2 is one of the best multiplayer games around, but not everyone wants to play ‘deathmatch’ games all the time… some games about exploration and cooperation would be nice too.[/quote]

Yeah that’s put me off a lot I must admit. Though it’s just the same for CUBE owners of PSO. IT does cost a fair bit more to look after and set up servers for MMORPG’s than most other online games.

Do have to say that if you are not into FPS or Driving games they isn’t much on LIVE

Well Drenholm I got Live yesterday and so long I already played like 3 hours or so (today was my free afternoon;no school).

Of course the real deal is playing with friends using the headset to comunicate.

Apart from PSO doe the XBox have any other mmorpg’s?

Gah! T.A! Can you stop trying to fight!
Geez :anjou_wow:
I said that I liked LIVE and you start telling me reasons why I should like it WHEN I ALREADY DO.

Extra fee for PSO: ?7 or so.
It’s ok when the average gamer hasn’t left school yet and his Dad pays for everything internet like.
And please cut down the massive quoting :anjou_wow:

[quote=“Berserker”]Gah! T.A! Can you stop trying to fight!
Geez :anjou_wow:
I said that I liked LIVE and you start telling me reasons why I should like it WHEN I ALREADY DO.

Extra fee for PSO: ?7 or so.
It’s ok when the average gamer hasn’t left school yet and his Dad pays for everything internet like.
And please cut down the massive quoting :anjou_wow:[/quote]

I’m not trying to fight at all.
PSO fee is just one game mate, and it’s no diff to what people pay to play other MMORPG…
Like I said LIVE games have split screen and system links modes So mates can play in the same room if they want to. Some people seeem to think this isn’t the case (not you) when going about the CUBE’s lack of On-Line games.
Only a fool couldn’t see the prospect of 16 players Online F-Zero GX in addiction to the 4 Player split screen mode

That’s not fighting that pointing out the facts.