I'm coming to the UK in October

[quote=“Scott”]can’t really get hold of you on MSN much! i’m guessing you’ve travelled through london already then =O
got that uk number yet?[/quote]

Got the UK number now. I tried to contact you on MSN a few times when I was in London, but I guess you were away from your computer.

I’ll probably be back in London at some point, so I’ll let you when that is.

Im coming to this a bit late, I’m afraid, but I’m glad to see that you’re enjoying the old country, Solo. :anjou_happy:

I know you’ve already visited the Isle of Wight and so on, but I live in Southampton so if you give me some advance warning whenever you’re around Hampshire and I’ll be able to show you around, maybe even go sailing or Scuba-diving (it’s a wee bit nippy, as you might expect, but there’s lots of wrecks to rummage about).

Sounds good. I haven’t been to Southampton yet, but I might be able to fit it in next month when I’m back in England (going over to Ireland next week), or early January. Just let me know which days in December/early January you aren’t available and I can try and jiggle my schedule to match yours.

Solo it was a pleasure to meet you mate :).

I just hope my silly drunken behaviour didn’t do your nut in too much . Drinking all day with the football boys is hardwork :frowning:

A pleasure to meet you too. And no worries about the drunkeness; glad to hear you got your train home okay.

I’ll let you know when I’m around your area again, as I will be doing a more thorough trip back through Wales at some point.

Okay folks, I’m planning a trip through Europe for early next year. It will mainly be an Eastern Europe trip, starting in Greece, heading north up through Germany, then west and back towards the UK, starting on the 13th of Jan.

If anyone’s interested in meeting up, let me know in the next day or so as I’ll be booking stuff quite soon.

You had me until the Greece bit.

Where in Greece?

What’s wrong with Greece?

(I am guessing it is a joke because it is the first part of the trip?)

Solo, you should be sure to get yourself to the HR Giger museum/bar in Switzerland. Because I am pretty sure that is the most awesome part of all Europe

Okay, the original plan was to go to Greece (yes, that was actually the plan Arc), but since I made that post the plan has been trimmed down a bit to save on costs. Both myself and the friend who I’m be going with will be running low on funds by January.

So now, we’ll be going to:

Bulgeria
Romania
Serbia
Hungary
Slovakia
Czech Republic
Poland

The other places will have to wait until another trip when I’ve saved up some more.

Athens and Thessaloniki were on the list, until the plan changed (couldn’t get the cheap flights to Greece).

HR Giger’s work is impressive. I’ll keep that in mind for the next Europe trip.

Ah well, I likely wouldn’t be able to take a trip there anyway, boat trips are insanely expensive nowadays.

I’ll let you know when I do my next Europe trip - maybe later in 2009. I actually enjoy going off the beaten track. Some of the more enjoyable places that I’ve visited have been away from the big cities.

Why eastern Europe, anyway?

Because it’s the cooler part of Europe? Because eastern women are hot? Because it’s cheaper?

[quote=“Ehndow”]

Because it’s the cooler part of Europe? Because western women are hot? Because it’s cheaper?[/quote]

How does the hotness of Western women play into Eastern Europe?

My friend Olga from Russia is beautiful and tall.

But your friend Sabrina is of UKish descent :slight_smile:

I want to see as much of the world as possible, and Eastern Europe looks to be quite different from anywhere that I’ve been before. The UK trip has definitely been worth it so far, but in many ways it is similar to New Zealand. I want to go somewhere that will really open my eyes to a different culture.

Price is another factor. My friend who I’ll be doing the trip with has already seen a lot of Western Europe too.

[quote=“Snow Girl”]

Because it’s the cooler part of Europe? Because western women are hot? Because it’s cheaper?

How does the hotness of Western women play into Eastern Europe?

My friend Olga from Russia is beautiful and tall.[/quote]

I’m not sure what “play into” means in this context but what I meant was that from what little contact I had with Eastern Europe women, I found that even an average looking women can be gorgeous. It’s probably the “exotic” factor. It’s not that they are better looking, just different.

There’s something to be said about generalizations though. Eastern european women are of a variety of different “ethnicities”. For example, Russian women can be incredibly beautiful but I prefer the Slovenian brunettes. Slovenia is like heaven on Earth. I didn’t see one ugly woman in that country. Not one.

[quote=“Ehndow”]

Because it’s the cooler part of Europe? Because western women are hot? Because it’s cheaper?[/quote]

You forgot Bagels, and foreskins.

Never forgive, never forget.