Azel MP3s

I’ve been informed by Ancient Weapon that Sega Xtreme have uploaded the entire Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG Complete Album to their server. They’ve also added some of the other Panzer Dragoon soundtracks. If there’s no problem with the quality of them, I’ll stop uploading weekly MP3s here.

segaxtreme.net

By the way - as Ancient Weapon pointed out to me - there’s a glitch in the track Atolm Dragon at about 1:08. This is the same in my version as well, which I think was originally one of the ones that Lord Craymen posted. Does anyone here have the original CD? If so, I wouldn’t mind reacquiring a glitch free version (in VBR format).

Hi all.

Solo, you were listed as the donator of the MP3s, I take it you just gave them the files but didn’t know they were putting them up?

Also it seems that some of this set of MP3s (SegaXtreme’s at least) are from different sources. Some are Lame 3.91 at VBR and others are Lame 3.88 at 192kbps joint-stereo. Are these the same ones that lordcraymen had put on his site before? I think it’s tracks 2-6 that are different.

Either way, they sound great and I am very grateful to whoever ripped them, thanks!!! But why oh why does Atolm Dragon have to be the only one with an error?

cries

Daniel

OOO, looks like we owe you thanks again Solo

although when i downloaded Altom Dragon off SegaXtreme it didn’t seem to glitch, or at least not all the time, jumps sometimes at the time stated but apart from that no problem, the one im having difficulty with is “07 - Source of the Protective Flame” from Disk 2 keeps saying i cant download it :anjou_sad:

As soon as AOL pull the finger out and get my broadband working, Solo, I’ll send you those MP3s. I’ve got the CD’s…somewhere.

I have a perfect error-free version of Atolm Dragon if anyone wants it.

[quote=“Dragon Phoenix”]OOO, looks like we owe you thanks again Solo

although when i downloaded Altom Dragon off SegaXtreme it didn’t seem to glitch, or at least not all the time, jumps sometimes at the time stated but apart from that no problem, the one im having difficulty with is “07 - Source of the Protective Flame” from Disk 2 keeps saying i cant download it :anjou_sad:[/quote]

Well, thanks should go to Lord Craymen really, as he was the one who originally ripped and uploaded them to Die Welt von Panzer Dragoon. :anjou_happy:

I’ve uploaded that Source of the Protective Flame MP3. panzerdragoon.net/apdrpg_complete_album Is anyone else having trouble downloading any of the MP3s from Sega Xtreme? I haven’t tried any of them myself.

Well, I assumed they’d put them up eventually, but that was a while ago and I kind of forgot about it. I assume all of the PDS MP3 they’ve put up there are the ones that I submitted (that were originally from Lord Craymen’s site). What’s different about tracks 2-6?

If you or Kadamose could temporarily upload that MP3 somewhere, that would be much appreciated. dbPoweramp is a good ripping tool, as it allows you to change the quality to VBR, which is of a higher quality.

I think they are the ones that are LAME 3.88, 192kbps CBR joint stereo. As far as I know, the others are LAME 3.91 Stereo VBR. I will check later today and post my findings, if any.

Oddly, the first time in any given day that I try to download an MP3, I get an “Error” screen. But if I go back, then click the link again, all is (apparently) fine.

I can tell you that the downloads didn’t use to work with Mozilla Firefox (you would get the file, but only the part of the name before the first space) but now they seem to have been updated.

Anyway, Solo, thanks again for the MP3s!

EDIT: I 'spose credit should go to Lord KFC… Thanks!

Well if someone could upload the track Empire from the PDZwei I would appreciate it.

My track has a bug precisely on the my favourite part which is when you are about to enter the base at Meccania.

:anjou_happy:

Yippe, Panzer Dragoon Music Goodness.

Thank you

Gehn, I uploaded that track that you wanted:

panzerdragoon.net/pdz_ost

I didn’t notice any glitches, so I guess this must be a different copy…

[quote=“Ancient Weapon”]

I think they are the ones that are LAME 3.88, 192kbps CBR joint stereo. As far as I know, the others are LAME 3.91 Stereo VBR. I will check later today and post my findings, if any.[/quote]

It looks like the ones I have here are 192kbps as well (tracks 2 to 6), that must have just been how Lord Craymen ripped them originally. 192kbps looks to be the maximum of the VBR ones though, so I don’t think the quality is going to be any different (I’m not an expert on the subject though).

Thank you Solo.If you can I would like you to keep it uploaded for some more time.Right now I gotta go to school and I don’t want to leave the PC on.

There is a part in the clip when the music get’s more frenetic (right in the begining) which I thought was a lot smoother in the game.I could swear but the truth is your clip has the same “problem”.There is still the possibility that LC’s file is corrupt since we both got it from him right?

But it’s not very likely…

Phew, thought I was cracking up there.

Tracks 2 to 6 are 192kbps CBR pure stereo. Just thought I’d confuse you even more! Basically, the other tracks are joint stereo, which some people criticize at high bitrates as it can damage stereo spaciousness. Well, so I’ve heard! But the VBR kinda makes up for that and anyway, they all sound good to me. :anjou_happy:

Anyway, I’ve downloaded them all now, time to get that 25 MB one from Power Remix D-RAM, the PD OST tracks that aren’t on the game CD audio tracks, and the Zwei OST. The ol’ modem’s going into overdrive here! :anjou_sigh: Well, not really… It is dial-up after all!

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

If you or Kadamose could temporarily upload that MP3 somewhere, that would be much appreciated. dbPoweramp is a good ripping tool, as it allows you to change the quality to VBR, which is of a higher quality.[/quote]

Yeah, if one of you guys could upload it in (not Joint) Stereo 192kbps MP3/4 or WMA, or some kind of high quality VBR, you would be an absolute hero.

Seriously, anyone with Nero here ought to check out Nero HE-AAC, it’s really good and you get the same quality as MP3 for about 2/3 the file size or less (sometimes even 1/2).

Anyway, enough of my rambling.

HE-AAC encoder:

Apparently doesn’t work… :anjou_disappointment:

people, why don’t you openly share the PD soundtrack’s ISO images? :anjou_angry:

Because ISO is uncompressed and is a waste of bandwidth. Why would I want to post 2 PDS ISOs that are 1.3 GB in size total, when I can simply release the Variable bitrate equivelents in MP3 or OGG Vorbis, at only 115 MB (and that’s an exact eqivelent - not an exaggeration)?

As always you succeeded in missing the whole point of my post, but as we say here “irony is not comprehensible before junior high”. :anjou_sigh:

Guiltyness is subjective and I’m only getting a credit card next week…

Now that would be good! It would have to be raw images (CloneCD would probably be the safest bet) since ISO images can’t contain audio, but I know what you were meaning, so please don’t think I’m criticising you!

I should be getting the Complete Album soon :anjou_happy: , and if I had broadband and enough space, I would put up CABbed CloneCD images of them so that the sheer brilliance of the soundtrack could be spread. But neither of those is likely, so sorry about that folks!

Sorry guys, I’m not following here. Stupid me…!

D 'oh :anjou_sigh:

just forget it. at least Gehn understood what I wanted to say.