Yukio Futatsugi's studio working on an announced project. EDIT: The Good Life

You might be right. I’m just not used to backing struggling projects. Usually, the ones I was interested in were funded in like 48-72 hours.
One of these being Crazy Justice.

It turned out Yooka Layle final Switch version of the game was actually more stable than other versions.
The unity issue they had is not something developers would have now since they would use the latest version of Unity (normally?).

But anyway, I can totally understand they cannot promise things but then don’t show a Switch image in the very last days of the campaign. They look desperate and trying to get more backers by saying “maybe we can do this for you later but please back the game first”. So later if we can do it, you will have do rebuy a Switch version ! Great stuff guys, really.
I mean they simply shouldn’t show it if they cannot commit at the moment. Because we know why they show it. They are trying to fish our money here. I’m ok to support a game but I’m no ok with this.

Plus Swery has had a very bad mentality on Twitter lately. I’m cancelling my pledge.

Some other people I agree with:

above: Swery suddenly decides he cannot answer all tweets and start being rude. Then don’t answer at all to people, don’t be rude if you want our money.

Unfortunately, the reality is that developers do not know how much they will be able to achieve with a given budget before they have made the product, because they do not know what issues will arise during development. All software development is like this. It’s not like buying an existing, pre-designed product from a shop. Development is very much an experimental process where some ideas are tried, some work and are kept in the final product, others don’t work out. For example, in the recent prototype version that was released, will all of those ideas make it into the final game? Unlikely, because they will make changes as they go. I don’t think it’s wrong for them to show that work in progress, even if some of it gets scrapped.

Normally something like a Switch version would be done via a stretch goal, but it seems they’re not ready to commit to that at this point. The Switch version has been explicitly not promised on the Kickstarter page, even if they’re experimenting with it, so the current situation is very clear to me as a backer of the project.

That’s not to say that the communication has been great around this project; it hasn’t, I think, in part because of the language barrier and bluntness of the director. But I would still encourage you to continue with your pledge if you like what has actually been committed (a PC and PS4 version) and the general concept of the game, rather than getting hung up on details. Hopefully the existing campaign will succeed; if it doesn’t, a Switch version is even less likely to happen, but at least there’s a chance of a Switch version if the initial campaign succeeds.

That doesn’t look like a rude message to me at all. It seems like a reasonable request to keep questions easier to manage.
It appears like the programmer did the switch idea on his own time and they were excited enough about it to share it with everyone. Seems like a good way to gauge interest to me.

Fishing for money is exactly the point of crowdfunding. You’re not selling a product, you’re trying to fund it.

1 Like

That’s exactly why you need clear tiers, and potentially stretch goal(s).

I played the prototype. It’s a small area of the town that you walk around in, a loop essentially, with one building that you can enter. You can take photos, pick up items, and interact with people. Although the graphics are quite simple, it’s less notable when the buildings and characters are all there together and the game is in motion. As I suspected, the framerate chugged a bit on my three year old laptop GPU, as Unity games tend to in anything but low settings, so I think we can expect the system requirements to be fairly steep.

There’s a Skies of Arcadia vibe to it - not that the roof of a building would pop off when entering, but the general movement of the character, character noises + text instead of dialogue, and an overall charm, gives a happy feeling to the game world that sets it apart from most modern titles. This is just a (far from perfect) prototype, but it’s certainly increased my interest and I look forward to (hopefully) playing the full game in the future.

Seems like the Kickstarter goal has been met with a couple of days to spare.

1 Like

They even added a Switch stretch goal ^^

According to the game’s Kickstarter page, the game is set to be delivered in November 2019. Does anyone know if it’s still on schedule?

According to their July update:

We expect the release date to move from Q4 2019 to Spring 2020.

So we should probably expect it around next year. I’m kind of glad it’s steering clear of the holiday release schedule, it’s pretty packed as far as games I’m interested in.

1 Like

Don’t know how good the story or gameplay will be but I’m sorry, this game looks reaaaaaaally bad graphics-wise…I would have thought this was an early PS2 game, if that…

I mean they can’t even make full circular lenses for the sunglasses…She’s got octagon glasses LoL!

late comment, but yes definitely

the graphics look like a more retro style rather than “bad” to me

1 Like

I agree with graphics Sentiment Lagi_webmaster. Noted the animation collison dynamics are rather decent, almost 100% weighted (convincing weight).

Also premise is interesting. Hope it transforms. It’s like Azel bleached her hair and went looking for happiness. The good life. Spiritual Successor level premise. I guess.

Ganbare Irregular Corporation.

1 Like

Well. At this point, I guess I feel as amongst others as Sestren in the axis (post-spoiler-posted-on-Social):

“duhh, what does this process do? Oh it brings up Shellcoof… I knew that”… (thinks to self… what’s a shellcoof? And are there other… sheelcoofaix)"

Point of post:
I designed a t-shirt (rough proposal):

New trailer. I have to say: this trailer is really bad as far as setting up a tone and pace for the game. It’s just so…random…is the word maybe. Just feels kind of devoid of focus I guess. It’s just all over the place…

The character animations remind me of Skies of Arcadia.

Which would be a good thing if everything else in the game didn’t look so low-quality…Could be a good game regardless, but it seems like they put minimal effort into the graphics imo.

Yeah, but trying to look at it objectively. Everything is angled with nothing being a smooth round edge. Like the curve of the sidewalk, the rim of barrels, pots, baskets, food, and the girls glasses, for instance. Nothing is completely round and just makes it seem like they cut corners somewhere.

That, and a lot of the textures are low quality and blurry, like the leaves, grass and the scale and food labels in the store. And looking at the various trees, you can see the roots just are plopped onto the flat surface of the ground, cut off and ending there without having any distinguishable roots going under or over. I mean it looks like a early to mid PS2 game. These are techniques devs used to use because of hardware limitations. Which brings me back to thinking the devs got a bit lazy here…

Sorry I’m over criticizing the game but I feel by todays standards this kind of thing shouldn’t be common place with the game engines and technology the developers have at their disposal now-a-days. And this game has been in development for at least 3 years now hasn’t it?..

A new release date has been announced: October 15th.