Youtube is a fucking shithole

The fucking scum we call people here in the lovely country we call Britain have ruined youtube with their fucking happy slapping shite. One of my friends is on as the victim of one of these outings. The scum of the earth have just discovered flooring people and have deemed it hilarious. YouTube is an unmoderated lawless cesspool they upload their cock-sucking antics to.

Discuss.

You might as well blame the internet eh? I just blame the people for being idiots, not the tools they use :slight_smile:

I’ll get a shotgun and blow their fucking brains out. Prison does fuck all to them, they’re a waste of space, kill them.

I would take everything you say far more seriously if you could construct sentences without swearing in them, you know.

Al3x is right - it’s not the internet to blame, it’s the people who use it.

AAAAWW YEAH!!!

Woah, easy there. Its true that Youtube is addictive but thats where I find anime episodes. In my school, they ban Youtube and MySpace.

Do you think World of Warcraft is addictive too?

YouTube’s also full of losers that have no life and so just post on it all day. Saaaaaaaaad.

Youtube itself isn’t that bad of a site. The videos themselves could be higher quality, but overall I think they’ve done a grand job of making a steaming video website that actually works. The fact that anyone can add a video is good or bad depending on how you look at it… I personally like the idea, because if you search through the all the crap there are some real gems available.

There’s also this site from DivX which is looking quite promising. It doesn’t use the Flash Player to play videos unfortunately (it uses a DivX based web player which only works on Windows and Mac OS), but the videos are very high quality.

Me and my friends used to make fake happy slapping videos, Like we would fake-belt the shit out of eachother on camera then put street fighter sound effects in it. Awww I love chavs and neds.

Well, what do you expect in this day and age?

The Internet was never really a haven for intellectualism to start with, and as it grows and grows and becomes more available, things like this happen. The same way that the expansion of the automobile finally led to an increase in car fatalities due to dumbasses getting on the road, the expansion of the Internet has led to a ruining of our fun due to the same dumbasses getting computer access.

Wasn’t it begun as a way for academics to share research?

Anyway, Youtube serves a useful purpose. I wouldn’t slag it off. It’s creating a revolution in the way we view media and the activity of large corporations (like the BBC) on the site reinforce that message.

Didn’t youtube just sign a deal that allows them to pay artists royalties whenever their videos are played? That’s a fantastic idea and I wonder if more streaming sites shouldn’t follow it. It’d be a great way for unsigned, talented musicians to earn some money.

i live in east london, the happy slapping phase came and went a good few years ago (probably started here too)

how about the “car surfing” thing in the US, that looks ridiculous XD