Why did you buy your Saturn?

Makes you wonder indeed… I saw one Dreamcast advert at the cinema (the 6 billion players ad) and when the Saturn was on the go i didn’t see any ads for it or any game.

Why did i buy a Saturn?.. Err, because it was made by Sega and i had to continue my uncool trend by not buying the in-thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

So you ARE alive Baby Lon :slight_smile:

I surprise even myself sometimes Gehn :wink:
runs away for posting something offtopic

You bought a S/NES before then? The Mega Drive was most definately the in-thing of that “war”.

I thought Nintendo was having more sales than Sega back then?

Nintendo were around first I think, with the NES. Then the released the SNES after the MEga Drive… and everyone agreed the MEga Drive was the superior console and it took off. However I wouldn’t like to bet on sales numbers.

I think that if Nintendo has a rep in the uS it’s cause of the Super Nintendo.I always thought it was pretty popular back then (there).

[quote=“Shadow”]

You bought a S/NES before then? The Mega Drive was most definately the in-thing of that “war”.[/quote]

I have sinned. I didn’t even have a Mega Drive -.-
The last console i had before that was a Master System.

I had both a SNES and a Mega Drive back then, and if I remember correctly the Mega Drive was a bit more popular in England at the time. This was due mainly to Sonic being perceived as a coolness machine, and Mario being perceived as a fat guy with a mustache and overalls jumping on mushrooms. From what I heard, the SNES was doing better in the US, though.

To be honest, I don’t think there was ever a vast amount of difference in it; not like the kind of popularity differences we’ve seen in recent console wars. (Alas, poor Saturn and Dreamcast…)

The SNES had the potential to have amazing graphics, and be far more colourful than the MD. Sadly though, few games really used up the SNES’s potential, and most of them were from Rare (KI) or Ninty themselves (Yoshi’s Island).