Was the Heresy Program really so unique?

PDZ Coolia morphs into Blue Dragon (eventually)

After destroying Shellcoof it enters a crest and hybernates to regain strength.

The Blue Dragon leaves the crest and PD1 happens.

It destroys the Tower of the Old Capital and exhausted then enters a new dragon crest - Excavation Camp 4 ruins.

Dragon comes out of the crest in a new and less powerful form.Saga happens.
Meanwhile it encounters the Shelcoof crest and fuses itself with and imprint of his old self thus creating Solo Wing.

(this did happen Al3x you are the only one who doens’t aknnowledge it :P)

In sestren the Program separates itself from Lagi.The Lagi(spirit) and the dragon’s body return to the real world.Orta happens.

The Dragon is exhausted and leaves behind an heir (much like the leftover imprint of the Baby Coolia we see in Saga).

The Baby coolia grows…

…I was replying to both of ya…

So basically you just accepted it’s the same dragon, in body as well… Great then, no more arguing

And actually I’m not the only one that thinks that of the Solo Wing, there was atleast one more person thinking the same… And apparently Smilebit thinks the same since they didn’t include any of the Solo Wing forms in the Dragon Forms wallpaper on the official site inbetween the Saga and Orta forms… :slight_smile:

Thats’ just it.The body beeing the same is arguable.

Although might that wallpaper also be explained by there simply being no prerendered images of the Light Wing or the Solo Wing to put on it, which does seem to be the case? (The PDS Solo Wing technically looks different to the Blue Dragon, if only slightly.)

you’re actually discussing a portion of the theory that i submitted.

i personally am with the separate bodies idea. i don’t think lagi “died” in any of the first three, i think he just discarded his body and possessed a new one when he needed to go back into action. we’ve been shown no evidence that lagi re-emerges from the crests AFAIK. look at the dragon forms…

lagi’s first body was a coolia

the body in saga looks to have come from a completely different source

and my theory about the body in PD1 is that it belonged to the dragon that belonged to the drone (sky rider). azel had atolm, skyrider had his dragon, lagi claimed it as his new body, and the skyrider loved him anyway. this is partially supported by the words “my dragon knows the way”.

Right Lance, they create a story related wallpaper and leave out one of the most importand forms because they didn’t have any rendered images handy… if anything they could use the blue dragon model they have in PDO…

Megatherium you make the dragon sound like a body hopping creature or something without caring if the other creature has a soul of it’s own or not… If that was the case why not just possess the Dark Dragon and the Guardian Dragon and Atolm Dragon but instead fight them… Wasted energy… lol

And I suppose the Sky Rider’s original dragon just happened to be another Blue Dragon? Or it’s another dragon that originated from a coolia like Lagi in order to evolve in the exact same way and reach the Blue Dragon status(since you think the PDS dragon is not from a coolia cos of the differences in appearance)

And, Lance, since you said you think it’s a new dragon in every game without even Lagi’s soul then you totally disregard Lundi’s diary about the dragon having the same soul (I don’t disregard it totally I just think he got a few things wrong)? Or do you think Lundi would only care of the Heresy Program and not the rest? And even if you think that, then what soul exactly does the Orta dragon have… Or do you feel it’s a different dragon in every game EXCEPT from PDS to PDO? And if that’s the case where is the feeling when the dragon dies and we get this dramatic scene when it’s happened twice before and noone really cared for it… Oh well just another dragon went down, bring on the next one and hurry up cos I wanna start blasting again…

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]Megatherium you make the dragon sound like a body hopping creature or something without caring if the other creature has a soul of it’s own or not… If that was the case why not just possess the Dark Dragon and the Guardian Dragon and Atolm Dragon but instead fight them… Wasted energy… lol

And I suppose the Sky Rider’s original dragon just happened to be another Blue Dragon? Or it’s another dragon that originated from a coolia like Lagi in order to evolve in the exact same way and reach the Blue Dragon status(since you think the PDS dragon is not from a coolia cos of the differences in appearance)[/quote]

it doesn’t just hop bodies… :frowning:

it gets a body, becomes accustomed to that body, takes it to the ultimate form, the burns itself out. and no, i don’t think it really would care if it had a soul of its own.

and it can still die if the body gets killed, i assume using that final attack as it did on shelcoof and the tower is the only safe way for the spirit to leave the body. the crests, to me looked like pieces of the dragon’s body. so first, lagi was already in a body and it would be a hassle to leave the body at that point. secondly, i would assume sestren can defend some things against possession, this could include the DD. i mean, why did the heresy go for a coolia pup in the first place? maybe they are of low priority.

my view of the dragon development is that regardless of what it starts as, it will eventually get to solowing form. so it doesn’t matter what the skyrider’s dragon looked like before hand, it could have been another dark dragon or it could have been the kool-aid man

http://www.paulscheer.com/index/Images/kool%20aid.jpg

But it’d be pretty silly if they skipped the Light Wing and went straight to the PDS Solo Wing; and again, the PDO Blue Dragon is based on the one from the PD1 FMVs, which is ultimately not the same as the PDS Solo Wing (which has slightly different proportions and details). It’d seem to make sense if they just left those two forms off because they were a genuinely awkward problem, and they didn’t think that anyone would really be bothered.

On the other hand, why should a wallpaper be taken as more valid than something that seemed to happen in the actual game? I recently pointed out in that “Bibles” thread that official websites and their contents aren’t flawless sources of info.

For that theory I was assuming that “spirit” or “soul” roughly described the Heresy Program. Now there’s no real indication that Lundi could differentiate between Lagi and the Heresy Program, which wouldn’t be too strange because, in his experience, they had always been together and as one.

Basically I’m not disregarding the diary, I’m just going down avenue of what it could reasonably mean. To our knowledge, a dragon’s body doesn’t die only for that dragon’s soul to be reincarnated in a different body through some magical or spiritual process; the PD world is always made out as being ultimately scientific and technological. So what could Lundi mean by saying that his dragon’s “soul” would rise again in a different body? One answer seems to be the Heresy Program. From what we can gather it would be capable of entering into, guiding and empowering a different physical dragon in order to continue its mission, even if none of us honestly wants to believe that it did do this.

This whole theory also incorporates the dragon crest from the end of Zwei which Edge finds in PDS (and I’m aware that you don’t believe the latter existed Alex, I’m just running you through the reasoning). At the end of PDZ Lundi looked at the glowing crest and said “Lagi”, even though he also stated in his diaries that Lagi’s body was just lying around cold and dead on the floor inside Shelcoof. In PDS, what comes out of that crest is a playful Coolia pup that seems to be (for want of a definitive term) the essence, consciousness, mind, spirit (whatever you want to call it) of Lagi. It would seem that whatever went into the crest and the end of PDZ came out then. So if “Lagi” went into the crest, that’d imply that the dragon you were riding at that point wouldn’t be Lagi. (Again, not that I firmly believe any of this; I’m just laying the idea out).

So if Lundi was shown some snatches of the future by his dragon friend, and if he saw a dragon continuing his dragon’s mission of blowing up Towers even though his dragon’s body seemed to be stone cold dead, and if he saw the dragon crest glowing with a green spiritual energy that reminded him of Lagi, and if he indeed didn’t know that there was any difference between Lagi and the Heresy Program, wouldn’t his logical conclusion be that “the dragon” would return with a new body? Bearing in mind that he knew some dragon would exist in the future, that his current dragon’s body was dead, and that his current dragon’s essence / spirit / conscious seemed to be residing in that crest.

OK, to whip through the rest of the theory briefly: The Heresy Program found another dragon host (likely a Coolia) in the run-up to PD1, got hooked up with the Sky Rider, and got the dragon to the Solo Wing form again (which it would logically try to do). The PD1 dragon was physically exhausted from destroying its Tower too, and it ultimately died after seeing Kyle to safety.

Time passed, the Heresy Program eventually found a new physical dragon host; likely a Coolia that it took through a different evolutionary growth, or a different creature. It got hooked up with Edge and later on they reached Shelcoof, retrieved Lagi’s essence from the crest, and Lagi’s memories and spirit etc. were absorbed into the current (third) physical dragon. (Not replacing whatever its own spirit and memories were, just becoming one with it.) The Heresy Program finally completed its mission (which didn’t involve the dragon dying), split from the physical dragon, and the rest is history.

That’s pretty much the shape of the idea, anyway.

If Lagi was immortal and sturdy as opposed to mortal and fragile while he was occupied by the Heresy dragon, I don’t see how he could’ve died from exhaustion. If the body lived then the Heresy dragon wouldn’t need to find a new host.

I always saw Panzer Dragoon Zwei as the story of the dragon’s birth.

My line of thought was that the energy unleashed in the detonation of a Tower would be horrendously damaging, so even a body that was pretty resilient (i.e. not fragile) and which couldn’t die of old age and exhaustion (i.e. was not mortal) might still presumably be able to die from such an explosion. Sort of like being hit by a nuclear bomb; it might not matter how tough you were and how resilient your body was to the ravages of time, you could still just be irreparably damaged.

That would be assuming that Lagi even died at all, though; but I feel that the Heresy Program’s words would still literally make sense if that was the case.