The Offspring

I’m not gonna go on a ling spiel of how much I love them. They’re my favorite band, and everything I’ve heard from them I like, and has a good meaning. What do you guys think?

I thought you wanted to tell us you became a daddy.

ROFL ><

I used to be a big fan of them when I was in middle school. But by the time “Conspiracy of One” (which I still think is a dumb name for an album) came out, I was pretty sick of them. I ended up selling all their CDs I owned in order to buy metal, which I was fiercly growing obsessed with.

But now I regret doing this. Especially with their first album, now that the last track (Kill the President) has been removed for unknown reasons? If nothing else I could sell it now for a large bundle of cash rather than the few dollars I did.
I also miss the albums Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre.

But at least I still have Crazy Taxi for if I get desperate for a 90s-post-punk fix! I also learned my lesson and will never sell my musics again!

[quote=“Nemoide”]I used to be a big fan of them when I was in middle school. But by the time “Conspiracy of One” (which I still think is a dumb name for an album) came out, I was pretty sick of them. I ended up selling all their CDs I owned in order to buy metal, which I was fiercly growing obsessed with.

But now I regret doing this. Especially with their first album, now that the last track (Kill the President) has been removed for unknown reasons? If nothing else I could sell it now for a large bundle of cash rather than the few dollars I did.
I also miss the albums Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre.

But at least I still have Crazy Taxi for if I get desperate for a 90s-post-punk fix! I also learned my lesson and will never sell my musics again![/quote]

I have Smash, and I still enjoy it to this day. I guess for me, The Offspring were more of a casual interest than a favourite band. I didn’t feel particularly strong about them one way or the other. If they came up on the radio, I’d give them a listen. Right around the release of Americana, I began to feel like they were slipping out of my field of interest. The album to me sounded a bit more campy and pop-ish, rather than embracing their punk roots. Further successions only proved to lose me even more (this happened with a lot of the bands I grew up with). I’ve not really paid much attention to them since then.

As far as selling your cds, though, I have to say that I never quite understood that. I’ve never purchased something with the idea that I would one day sell it. If I buy a movie or a cd, I plan on keeping it. I’ll either rent it first (if I’ve nor already seen it) or give it a good listen before making a decision. Before the days of downloadable music, if I was unsure I’d like the whole album, I’d just buy it used and save some money.

That is pretty much my perspective now. But I was a foolish child!

Unless it is a Nintendo product, nobody purchases them with the intention of keeping them.

Barenaked Ladies are Men.

I’ll be perfectly honest: I yelled along to “Way Down the Line” whenever I was playing Crazy Taxi… and never went further with the band than that. :anjou_embarassed:

I love everything from them I’ve heard. Give some newer stuff more of a listen, some of you might like what you hear.