The Last of Us Part II

I’m a bit hesitant about this, given how perfectly The Last of Us ended. On the other hand, there’s room to evolve the Ellie character, who is now the protagonist. This quote is interesting:

Druckmann said that the reason the sequel is specifically named “Part 2” is that it’s a “complementary story to the first game” and that the two games will tell “a much larger story.”

I guess you’ll be getting a PS4 now, @UrbanReflex? :anjou_happy:

Came here to post this. I guess being in the future has its advantages, eh Solo??

Yes, I will definitely be getting a PS4 now. I’ll probably wait for the Pro to come down in price but will buy one before the game’s release.

I am excited. I’m not worried about what they do with the material, I’m just happy to have more of it. When something as good as The Last of Us comes along its worth taking a gamble on seeing just how good more of it can be.

This has been confirmed for tomorrow’s State of Play stream. Hopefully we will get a release date!

1 Like

I’m wondering if this will be a dual PS4/PS5 title or if they’ve turned it into a PS5 exclusive.

They’ve already confirmed it for PS4, so they can’t go back on that now!

You mean like Crimson Dragon for Xbox 360?

I think there would be a little more fury this time around! Still, it’s been announced for February so definitely gonna be on PS4! SUCH EXCITE :anjou_love:

1 Like

I see there’s a collectors edition too, if you’re still into those: https://www.ebgames.co.nz/product/ps4/252773-the-last-of-us-part-ii-collectors-edition

I’ll have to decide whether to get this as a physical copy (to resell) or digital. I’m leaning towards digital as it’s the kind of experience I might want to replay one day. In any case, I’m looking forward to finally playing it next year!

Pre ordered my Collectors Edition, can’t wait

There’s no multiplayer. Probably for the best, as that’s development effort that can go towards making the campaign better.

Delayed until May 2020.

Probably for the best as it would likely clash with Panzer Dragoon: Remake’s release (unless that’s delayed too).

Yeah I’m totally okay to wait for this one. There’s plenty of other stuff to play in the mean time.

This is a fun look at what The Last of Us: Part 2 might look like running on PSOne hardware:

That looks beyond PS1 capabilities to me. Texture variety perhaps and all the conextual animations, maybe the way the level is fully seamless rather than segmented in smaller per-room areas and such. Tecnhu with its open maps sure didn’t look as good as this, you could see 5 feet ahead, etc. Even Silent Hill looked less technically advanced, though more profficient in its art style and use of limited assets perhaps for a more compelling result. Don’t get me wrong, it still looks like a cool demake.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: The Last of Us TV Series

Delayed again…

So a game about an infection was delayed by a real infection. Let’s hope that the Coronavirus doesn’t turn society into a post apocalyptic ruin. As far as I’m aware there’s been no sightings of giraffes wandering through the cities yet.

So, I figured, I’ll be busy with Resident Evil (another series about a virus… Topical) between April 3rd and when TLOU2 comes out, so last weekend I read the TLOU graphic novel, and spent this week playing the game again. Just as fantastic as I remember. Then I thought, well, may as well preorder it, so I did.

NOT EVEN AN HOUR LATER Sony tweet the delay :anjou_angry:

Confirmed for June 19th!

1 Like

Not long now. Apparently you can preload the digital version already. The reviews have given this a 96% average, so I’m expecting good things.

This game is brutal. Loving it so far and the best weather/snow effects I’ve yet seen. Also like the CE from Game

1 Like