The eiptome of Panzer Music

[quote=“Shin_ATproof”]

Saori Kobayashi is a woman, by the way.

Also, PDO was multicomposer…The Tracks she didn’t do were:

Track 1) Fall of the Ancient World
Track 5) The Fallen Ground
Track 6) Ancient Weapon 1
Track 7) Worm Riders

Those tracks were done by Yutaka Minobe who was the composer for the Skies of Arcadia soundtrack.

By the way, Saori Kobayashi has said in several interviews that she was disappointed on how the Orta soundtrack turned out…the reason being was she couldn’t max out the hardware and create shortcuts like she and Mariko Nanba did with the Sega Saturn. With that in mind, I hope the next Panzer Dragoon soundtrack is created via the Sega Saturn sound chip, and then fed through the Next-Gen system’s sound chip so that not only does the sound sound cleaner, but retains that otherworldly feel which was completely absent in Orta.

[quote=“Kadamose”]
Saori Kobayashi is a woman, by the way.[/quote]

I’ll take your word for it.

I thought it had the same quality of composition as Azel, and thanks to the Xbox’s superior sound chip, brought a sonic clarity to the music that was absent with the Saturn’s grainy sound reproduction. Definitely don’t think there was anything generic about Orta - quite the opposite.

I find all of the Panzer Dragoon soundtracks to be wonderful, though I suppose my least favorite is Panzer Dragoon Orta. I do enjoy it, but it seems to be the least memorable of the four. Azel/Saga, of course, is my favorite, and the other two are in the middle.

The reason for this is that Saga has so many things tied to it. The music provided for a jaw dropping atmosphere; even now, whenever I hear the theme from Uru, I always think of that mysterious sunken city buried beneath blue water as far as the eye could see. Given, the Panzer Dragoon, Zwei and Orta music are all great in the games, and even out of the game, but Azel/Saga is probably the one I listen to most outside of the games. And that says something, because it’s rare that I ever really listen to soundtracks.

I think it would be impossible for me to pick any favorites, though. I can, however, rank the soundtracks…

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga
  2. Panzer Dragoon
  3. Panzer Dragoon Zwei
  4. Panzer Dragoon Orta

Not that any of them are bad, I just find the first two to be better than the last two.