The clash of the consoles

In my previous post i stated that the gamecube was my favorite of the current next gen systems. But for all time best system i might have to pick the Sega Saturn. Such a glorious console it was. I was a gamer before the saturn came out but it really peaked my interest in gaming.

Aye, Aitrus, I still love my Saturn. If only I could track down reasonably priced copies of Deep Fear and SSS.

Ah, Sega Saturn!!!
First console!
And I only bought 5 games for it…

SSS… do you mean Steep Slope Sliders? I enjoyed the demo of that.

I’d like to get one of those white japanese saturns one day. They are so awesome, there are a lot of import shooters i’d like to try my hand at.

Other then that the only Saturn games i still to get to make me satisifed with my collection are: Dragon Force, SF3, and NiGHTS (shhh i know this game is ultra cheap).

Any of you out there have a copy of Christmas NiGHTS? Christmas Nights was so cool!

CHRISTMAS NiGHTS OWNED!!!

Man its one of my favourite games of all time, despite being only a level large.

[quote=“Shadow”]CHRISTMAS NiGHTS OWNED!!!

Man its one of my favourite games of all time, despite being only a level large.[/quote]

Man but all that cool stuff you can unlock.

Christmas NiGHTS=Best Saturn game ever

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

SSS… do you mean Steep Slope Sliders? I enjoyed the demo of that.[/quote]

Yep, and I’m still trying to hunt down a copy. It will soon be mine.

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]

Yep, and I’m still trying to hunt down a copy. It will soon be mine.[/quote]

Despite it being an old game, it has very good gameplay that is better than a lot of newer snowboarding games that I’ve played.

I just want to own all those Saturn classics I missed. Shame some never saw the light of day outside Japan.

Well at least the saturn is import friendly.

My first console was a Nintendo. I remember how fun it was, being seven years old, trying to explain the concept of Super Mario Bros. to my Gido (grandfather). I still have every console I’ve ever owned.

NES
Super NES (along with Super Scope 6 & Mario Paint)
Sega CDX - Does anyone else have one of these? My dad bought mine for $400!! It came with Sonic CD, Ecco the Dolphin and an arcades collection with Columns, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage and Super Monaco GP. I loved Earthworm Jim on Sega CD. :smiley:
Game Gear
Sega Saturn, of course, which I love and I was so sad to see its early demise. I still have the teaser video cassette that my dad got for me in the mail. It’s so funny to watch it now! ("Latest technology,"etc)
PSX - Oddworld is what drew me in.
PS2
XBox

I don’t have a lot of video games for any one particular console. I think I probably have the most for Playstation just b/c I’ve had it longer. I just got my XBox this past December, and I’m too poor to afford any games. XP I missed out on Dreamcast. I regret that, but I’m coping. ATM, I mainly play PS2 and XBox titles… when I play…

I haven’t played on my Box for almost 2 weeks now.Gotta get KOTOR!!

My first and only console (along with XBox of course) was my Saturn.

The first game I ever bought for it(and actually picked) was Zwei :slight_smile:

I already had Virtu Fighter but that came with the console:P

Steep Slope Sliders is still my favourite snowboarding game.
Aah, Christmas Nights…I still play that every Christmas just for tradition. I have 2 copies, at one point Dixons were giving them away so I grabbed a handful and gave them to my mates.

The Saturn was the first console I bought for myself, which made it all the more satisfying, I earned it! Six weeks of cleaning the pub every morning and taking the dog for a walk got me the Saturn!
The Dreamcast and NeoGeo Pocket Color are the only consoles I’ve bought on day of launch.
The GameBoy Advance SP was the last console I bought.
The Master System 2 was the first console I owned.

I’ll second, third, forth, firfth, sixth and seventh that!!

Same here, its a magical game :slight_smile:

I saw Christmas Nights on ebay for sale except it was the japanese version and it game with a white 3D controller. I wanted to buy it because ithought the white controller was extra christmassy

Edit: Heres the link:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … egory=3654

I really need to get a japanese saturn. (white version of couse)

OMFG that white pad rules. Especially since mine is farked.

I never used a Saturn analog but that thing looks unconfortable…

[quote=“Shadow”]OMFG that white pad rules. Especially since mine is farked.

[/quote]

I would dare to say the white analog controller is sexy.

I would definatly do something morbid with it >D