The best X-box games

Do get Morrowind, it rocks!

Well, actually, I can see exactly why someone wouldn’t like it. To be honest I hated it myself at first. However, if you can look past it’s flaws and get into it (like I did), you might find that you love it*. You can probably get it for about ?10 now anyway, so if you don’t like it, it’s hardly a big loss.

*Warning: Do not attempt this unless you have roughly 500 hours of free time - Morrowind devours your free time.

I can’t get why people find Ninja Gaiden so hard…

I beat all it’s difficulty levels in a week or so.

I never found Ninja Gaiden that hard either… I beat all the final bosses (and the sorta platforming mini-level thing in between) first try, albiet using all my healing items in the process.

BTW, what did you think of Ninja Gaiden, Gehn? I told you that it was quite good when you were looking to buy a game aaaaaaaaaages ago, but you seemed unsure of it at the time.

I found it great.It had that sort of arcade feeling of old games.Sure it was pure commercial stuff (huge breats,pure-action-like ninjas etc…) but I loved it.

Gameplay wise it was almost perfect.I can’t wait for the second.

(one of the few games with mediocre story,mediocre soundtrack [actually some tracks were cool] and a mediocre setting that I can actually say I loved)

Quiet, dweeb! You have no idea what a good game is. :anjou_love:

wow, some ppl are really defensive about morrowind…which SUUUUUUCKKKKSS lol jk

I will most likely give Oblivion a try at least, regardless of my feelings towards Morrowind. It looks like the developers are concentrating on improving the flaws of Morrowind. That game had a lot of potential.

Sorry to hear about your Xbox, Gehn :confused:

I’m planning on trying oblivion too, just not buying until I know how it’s gonna be this time. As for morrowind having potential, i feel the only thing it had going for it was the fact it was open ended…but that’s just me and my own mind jelly :anjou_happy:

I got 4 second-hand X-box games today:

JSRF
Halo (1)
Unreal Tournament
Morrowind

All for ?20 / $36! :smiley:

Well, cool, apart from unreal tournament I think… It was a very early game I believe and probably not much better than the PS2 version (which was worse than the DC version). Atleast don’t judge the later Unreal Championship (1 & 2) games by the quality of Unreal Tournament as those are the best thing multiplayer for the X-Box according to reviews (yeah, better than what the Halo games have to offer) whereas UT is simply a port of an ancient PC game.

This makes one more reason to buy a X360 sometime in the future.I still haven’t played Jade Empire,Otogi 2…

360 looks l33t.

I’ve just played JSRF for the first time ever.

The Birthday Cake song must be destroyed.

I’m kinda worried because I heard that the X Box 360 is only going to be partially backwards compatible(play only Microsoft games but not the others).

I wonder if I should get another X Box just so I can play all my favorite games or just wait for the 360.

Microsoft has said the X360 will be fully backwards compatible.The rumour that only certain franchsies (like Halo etc) would be playable is not true.

ATI have said that the 360 will use a software emulator due to the vast differences between the graphics cards in both machines. So there may be some difficulties emulating some original Xbox games that have code written in unusual ways. At least Microsoft can release updates for the emulator via Xbox LIVE if the emulator isn’t fully working for all games by the time the 360 is launched.

I think Microsoft will probably concentrate on making the best sellers work correctly first, and then focus on the others afterwards.

Microsoft have stated that the 360 will NOT be FULLY backwardly compatible, but that it will support the ‘bestsellers’. Halo and Halo 2 have been confirmed. I’d imagine Morrowind and the Splinter Cell series will work. Heaven knows about Orta though.

Care to point the article?I thought I read they said the exact opposite.It was a rumour that was dismissed by Microsoft.

To be honest I think they’re just covering their asses. A selection of articles follow:

gameplanet.co.nz/mag.dyn/Features/2605.html
"Microsoft stated that the Xbox 360 will be “backwards-compatible with top-selling Xbox games”."

gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8996
"Microsoft has admitted that existing software will need to be recompiled before it can be run on the new console."

news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8492/Xbox … ty-Details
"They have implemented compatibility purely through emulation (at the CPU level). It looks like emulation profiles for each game are going to be stored on the hard drive,"

Games that i think are the top best 5 are:
Fable, Blinx 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta (id like to put a big DUH!! next to that), Halo 2, jet set raido future :anjou_happy: