So I seen tne new Star Wars pic (NOW CONTAINS SPOILERS)

[quote=“Robert Frazer”]Something else to chip into the Windu-Palpatine confrontation - we can see that Palpatine wasn’t in any way exhausted by the quarrel by virtue of the fact that he unleashes a crackling ethereal tempest to absolutely immolate the Jedi Master barely a few seconds after mewling pathetically “I’m too weak…”. Palpatine could easily have thwarted Windu - let us not forgot that he hacked his way through three other Jedi Masters in seconds, which should have given Windu pause for thought even if he is of a higher calibre than most other Jedi. The fight was controlled by Palpatine from the very beginning - he acted his failure so that he could make Windu confess his own self-righteous megalomania to Skywalker and give him the justification to turn.

About Palpatine’s disfiguration - that isn’t an indicator of exhaustion, it’s just the explicit use of Dark Side powers (the Force Lightning) making his true self come out from underneath the human mask he’s assumed (apparently it says in the official novelisation - “he could see that the old face of Palpatine had gone. A shame - he’d rather liked it”). He doesn’t reimpose it because he uses it to gain sympathy with the Senate to show how much the Jedi have brutalised him. Think of Yushenko’s poisoning in the Ukraine.[/quote]

If you read my post i already stated that it was due to him using the force lighting and that he couldn’t use the dark side of the force to do two things at once hench making him lose his disguise.

And still you don’t get it. He was out bladed in that fight. He only seem to get powerful when Mace got angry and Anakin turned. Palpatine seems to get high when someone is angry as this was also indicated in ROTJ and ROTS.

a few things…

[quote=“Gehpnaet”]

I see.Well I always assumed there was something at the bottom of that pit like some sort of magnetic field.Or maybe he was just getting old :stuck_out_tongue:

Still I don’t think he could survive an explosion.He was just confident in Anakin’s abilities.Just like in his combat with Mace.He was confident Anakin would show up.It think it has to do with fate.[/quote]

I agree with gehn, disagree with abaad. I think palpatine just had confidence int he jedi, an confidence that anakin would have so much love for padme that he would turn to save his wife.
And with darth throwing him off, i don’t think he could have done anything about it unless he anticipated him grabbing him (which he somehow didn’t)

you say it like its a fact…

Overconfidence was his greatest weakness indeed! He was too certain that he’d be able to fry Luke without his apprentice repenting… heck in the 30+years of experience not one of them had a rebellious streak. XD

But he is rather confident, if not overconfident in plenty of things. As stated before, he was confident that the Jedi would save him, and that Anakin would listen to him after the relation he built up with him (13 years of preparing to make him his apprentice yo. XD). He was also darned sure that Anakin would choose his side after all that mind bending and ego feeding. But a sign of his overconfidence does appear there, he was rather certain he’d be able to kill all four Jedi… Windu seemed a bit more skilled than he first thought.

Although admittably, he is a great puppeteer and politician, and a great sith too (but those things entwine in the long run), and is great at guessing how people or even organisations will act, he has been a bit too confident in some things for his own good. He seemingly just had luck on his side too. XD

At least, that’s just my view on the character.

[quote=“Scott”]a few things…

I see.Well I always assumed there was something at the bottom of that pit like some sort of magnetic field.Or maybe he was just getting old :stuck_out_tongue:

Still I don’t think he could survive an explosion.He was just confident in Anakin’s abilities.Just like in his combat with Mace.He was confident Anakin would show up.It think it has to do with fate.

I agree with gehn, disagree with abaad. I think palpatine just had confidence int he jedi, an confidence that anakin would have so much love for padme that he would turn to save his wife.
And with darth throwing him off, i don’t think he could have done anything about it unless he anticipated him grabbing him (which he somehow didn’t)

you say it like its a fact…[/quote]

And your saying like it isn’t. Watch the movies with glasses next time moron and PAY attention to what they SAY and DO.

Goonboy, your manners have turned to the Dark Side. Watch it.

How can we prove that Palpatine’s face was a disguise? I mean, sure in the Knights of the Old Republic games the dark side characters have twisted looking faces, but in George Lucas’ story all of the other Sith have all had completely normal looking faces, even Anakin’s face at the end of ROTJ.

Palpatine’s comments about some dark side abilities being unnatural doesn’t confirm that he had already lived older than he could do as far as I can see.

Yeah but they’re not real sith lords. They’re jedi that has been turned which explains why Palps was so keen to get rid of them more quickly. The only one he seem to care about was Darth Maul,the others including Vader were a means to an end.

Yes and i also suppose that the dark lightning transformed his eye color from normal to yellow which by the way was what Anakin’s pupils were turning into the more he was turned into the dark side.
It’s only Tyrannus or Count Dooku who has a normal face and eye colour out of all the sith lords in the series. I thought it was obvious that it was a disguise because of the way the face transformed. It’s more akin to a shriveled up tomato when all of it’s juice is sucked out of it.

It’s always been on the dark side so shut it.

[quote=“Pedro The Hutt”]

Overconfidence was his greatest weakness indeed! He was too certain that he’d be able to fry Luke without his apprentice repenting… heck in the 30+years of experience not one of them had a rebellious streak. XD

But he is rather confident, if not overconfident in plenty of things. As stated before, he was confident that the Jedi would save him, and that Anakin would listen to him after the relation he built up with him (13 years of preparing to make him his apprentice yo. XD). He was also darned sure that Anakin would choose his side after all that mind bending and ego feeding. But a sign of his overconfidence does appear there, he was rather certain he’d be able to kill all four Jedi… Windu seemed a bit more skilled than he first thought.

Although admittably, he is a great puppeteer and politician, and a great sith too (but those things entwine in the long run), and is great at guessing how people or even organisations will act, he has been a bit too confident in some things for his own good. He seemingly just had luck on his side too. XD

At least, that’s just my view on the character.[/quote]

It’s good to know someone has been paying attention to the films. Palpatine’s weakness is his overconfidence and his reaction to things not going his way has been demonstrated several times in the Prequels. In TPM when Amidala went back to naboo to defend her planet Palpatine seemed shocked that she even dared to do this at all. The fight with Mace was another example because he was struggling to finish him off in the fight. and of course he overestimated Vader’s love for his son which was strange because he must have known that any reminder of Padme would have brought Vader back from the dark side considering she was the reason he totally turned to the darkside after the emperor told him that she died.

haha, you suck

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]Yeah but they’re not real sith lords. They’re jedi that has been turned which explains why Palps was so keen to get rid of them more quickly. The only one he seem to care about was Darth Maul,the others including Vader were a means to an end.

Yes and i also suppose that the dark lightning transformed his eye color from normal to yellow which by the way was what Anakin’s pupils were turning into the more he was turned into the dark side.
It’s only Tyrannus or Count Dooku who has a normal face and eye colour out of all the sith lords in the series. I thought it was obvious that it was a disguise because of the way the face transformed. It’s more akin to a shriveled up tomato when all of it’s juice is sucked out of it.[/quote]

I’m not sure how to explain the eye colour change, but after killing all those children I would have thought Anakin would have undergone a similar transformation, it what you’re saying is correct. However, his face remained the same. I just don’t think that there’s enough proof to confirm that Palpatine’s wrinkled face was his true form before Master Windu attacked him. As good as the Knights of the Old Republic games are, I don’t think that they are necessarily 100% compatible with the story that George Lucas envisioned… the same goes for the expanded universe novels, etc.

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]Yeah but they’re not real sith lords. They’re jedi that has been turned which explains why Palps was so keen to get rid of them more quickly. The only one he seem to care about was Darth Maul,the others including Vader were a means to an end.

It’s only Tyrannus or Count Dooku who has a normal face and eye colour out of all the sith lords in the series. I thought it was obvious that it was a disguise because of the way the face transformed. It’s more akin to a shriveled up tomato when all of it’s juice is sucked out of it.[/quote]

I’m not sure how to explain the eye colour change, but after killing all those children I would have thought Anakin would have undergone a similar transformation, it what you’re saying is correct. However, his face remained the same. I just don’t think that there’s enough proof to confirm that Palpatine’s wrinkled face was his true form before Master Windu attacked him. As good as the Knights of the Old Republic games are, I don’t think that they are necessarily 100% compatible with the story that George Lucas envisioned… the same goes for the expanded universe novels, etc.[/quote]

I’m not using the expanded universe or the video games for reference i 'm using the films as an explanation. If Palpatines sith lighting was powerful enough to deform his face then it would have essentially done the same to it’s other victims like Mace,Yoda and Luke yet they never became scarred from this attack.

[quote=“Scott”]

haha, you suck[/quote]

So does your lack of imagination for a come back.

Kids today…

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]

haha, you suck

Kids today…[/quote]

the simplictiy described you perfectly. No imagination needed.

Let’s not drag this topic down into the realm of petty squabling, ok?

As for Episode 3, I was pretty numb to it all. Maybe that had something to do with watching a film when we already knew how it ended. However, the prequel trilogy did put the original trilogy into better context.

The one thing that really ruined the film for me was Vadar falling to his knees and crying out “Nooooooooo!” after hearing the news of Padme’s untimely demise.

That was unbelievably corny. The only thing that could have made it worse and made everyone cringe even more is if the film-makers had added an echo effect.

[quote=“Scott”]

haha, you suck

Kids today…
the simplictiy described you perfectly. No imagination needed.[/quote]

And you thought of that all by yourself, gee, you can’t even think of an original retort. BTW You need a braincell for imagination and you don’t have one. Now don’t tally or your going to miss your next happy slappin’ victim for today…

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]The one thing that really ruined the film for me was Vadar falling to his knees and crying out “Nooooooooo!” after hearing the news of Padme’s untimely demise.

That was unbelievably corny. The only thing that could have made it worse and made everyone cringe even more is if the film-makers had added an echo effect.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that bit was pretty badly done as well. Although it was cool how he started smashing up everything else in the room afterwards.

Hmm, good point, he did use his Sith Lightning on Luke for a lot longer than he did when Mace Windu was reflecting it back at him. I actually looked this issue up in an Episode III Encyclopedia when I was browsing a bookstore yesterday, and it seems like you are indeed right about the disguise. Turns out that Darth Plaguas as Sidious’s master as well, which makes a lot of sense.

I always expected this, namely from the way he described how Plagues’ apprentice could only kill him in his sleep. The way it was delivered suggested he was conveying more than what he heard, more like what he had done.

That’s common knowledge among SW freaks mainly because he confirmed to Anakin that he was Plauges’s apprentice during the scene when he tells Anakin that he is the sith master that the Jedi have been looking for but it got cut from the film.

Palpatine is meant to be over 150 to 200 years old and that’s why he looks like that.

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]The one thing that really ruined the film for me was Vadar falling to his knees and crying out “Nooooooooo!” after hearing the news of Padme’s untimely demise.

That was unbelievably corny. The only thing that could have made it worse and made everyone cringe even more is if the film-makers had added an echo effect.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that bit was pretty badly done as well. Although it was cool how he started smashing up everything else in the room afterwards.

Hmm, good point, he did use his Sith Lightning on Luke for a lot longer than he did when Mace Windu was reflecting it back at him. I actually looked this issue up in an Episode III Encyclopedia when I was browsing a bookstore yesterday, and it seems like you are indeed right about the disguise. Turns out that Darth Plaguas as Sidious’s master as well, which makes a lot of sense.[/quote]

If you can watch the film again and especially the confrontation scene with Mace. It seems like there was something else in the room with them as there is some echoey noises coming from Palpatine’s direction. Then when he uses the force lighting he screams that he can’t hold it in any longer. I think he was referring to his dark side coming out.

The problem is that the prequels hasn’t explained how the dark side actually works. The jedi like Yoda and Obi Wan keep referring to Darth Vader as another being entirely and there seem to be a hint of that in palpatine’s transformation but the problem is they don’t seem to be seperate personalities and that goes for Anakin. I think the sequels will happen because there’s too many unanswered questions left behind.