Shelcoof in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Yeah, this is an even worse name for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 2.

Couldn’t they drop the Sonic & bit instead of the SEGA bit?

Anyway!

Edit: wait, is it Shellcoof or Shelcoof? Anyway, cool, people remember.

The rest of the track doesn’t look very Panzery, but maybe other courses will.

Maybe you also get Panzer Dragoon characters and dragons to race as?

Lol that’s awesome.

(Shelcoof).

Footage.
www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/30/sonic-all … al-trailer
uk.ign.com/videos/2012/04/30/son … eo-preview
Flight remix!

Also, Solo Wing (camp animation?) and other forms, ancient ruins and other stuff!

The game looks very Mario Kart 7-like with a SEGA twist. Cool. I hope the PC version is good here.

I just saw this on IGN and came straight over here to report! Well, we get an entire level devoted to the Panzer Dragoon series!

When I first saw the video I saw Sonic flying next to a cliff side with some Panzer-like white stone and shouted: :"That’s a Panzer Dragoon reference!"
But, then I was blown away to see they made a whole PANZER THEMED LEVEL!!

Thanks for remembering us Sega! This looks frickin’ awesome!

I can’t believe I’m this excited for a racing game! Just shows you how much I want a new Panzer Dragoon RPG. I’ll just have to settle for Crimson Dragon…

Hi guys, sorry, didn?t notice this thread when i posted mine.

Yeah, i?m really excited over this one, the last game had great gameplay and this one is just looking awsome.

I hope we can play as Azel or some other Panzer Dragoon character, maybe as Paet since he had his own ship?

This was a nice surprise when my friend linked me the trailer this morning. Still dazed with sleep until I became “FFF THATS LAGI AND SHELCOOF.”

If there are Easter eggs of playable character from Panzer then I will get it!

Sonic is probably considered more marketable.

Possibly the camp animation, or the Blue Dragon standing in front of Kyle in the intro.

I made a news post mentioning other references:
thewilloftheancients.com/new … ransformed

Are ruins at 00:59 the same as those blocking the exit to the Blue Ruins in Saga? I think so…

Also, the bit where they go through a tunnel looks like one of the Ancient labs where they created monsters. Or perhaps the elevator scene in episode 4 of PDZ.

I believe this screenshot is meant to be Ixa-taka from Skies of Arcadia:
flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/7124750915/

That’s a very nice surprise for Panzer Dragoon fans. That Richard Jacques remix sounds great, and it’s nice to see all the little details like the dragon attacking Shelcoof in the background. And most importantly, the game actually looks to be quite good. Around 0:50 there’s some of those hanging plants that are very reminiscent of those in Panzer Dragoon Orta’s level 2. I also get the impression there are not just one but multiple blue dragons flying around the track. I’m guessing this artwork might have given them ideas:

http://panzer-dragoon.deviantart.com/#/d4ep80q

There’s a great article about the game on Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-30-sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-preview-the-saviour-of-arcade-racers

This quote says a lot about the quality they’re trying to reach with the game:

This game seems to be shaping up to be something that can actually sell in today’s market while still offering something for fans of classic Sega titles. I’m really hoping they succeed. They have to succeed, especially after the recent news about the all the layoffs in Sega’s Western offices.

Good spotting.

[quote=“Draikin”]There’s a great article about the game on Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-30-sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-preview-the-saviour-of-arcade-racers[/quote]

Nice article, thanks for sharing.

[quote=“Draikin”]That’s a very nice surprise for Panzer Dragoon fans. That Richard Jacques remix sounds great, and it’s nice to see all the little details like the dragon attacking Shelcoof in the background. And most importantly, the game actually looks to be quite good. Around 0:50 there’s some of those hanging plants that are very reminiscent of those in Panzer Dragoon Orta’s level 2. I also get the impression there are not just one but multiple blue dragons flying around the track. I’m guessing this artwork might have given them ideas:

http://panzer-dragoon.deviantart.com/#/d4ep80q

[/quote]

That would be amazing. On a side note, another character i wish will be playable is Nights and maybe Reala.

Looks more PanDra than Orta. I’m not really a fan of Sonic but I’ll have to play that level somehow. Good to see PD is still etched in the mind of the company.

Guys, what levels are you hoping make it in? I hope we at least get a Skies of Arcadia level.

I’ve added another post with an interview, concept art, and screenshots from the game:
thewilloftheancients.com/new … oncept-art

Looks stunning and what should be a really fun game

Looks very reminiscent of Mobius’ artwork for Panzer Dragoon. Great artwork! :anjou_wow:

[quote=“Windrider”]

He just said VYSE rides the DELPHINUS! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Skies of Arcadia is in! Woooooooooooooo![/quote]

Do you think we’ll definitely get a rider from Panzer Dragoon? I really hope we do, seeing how we’re getting a level.