Project Draco for Kinect Art Looks Familiar

By Yukio Futatsugi.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/msft-tgs-live-0520.jpg http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201009/phpN2dp5sdraco.jpg http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/msft-tgs-live-0522.jpg

Hopefully it’s not just the art that will make this worth looking forward to. Also, 6 limbs for the dragons? I hope it’s just for that one form alone…

Wow, this art looks really panzerish, especially the first picture. My interest is definitely sparked.

Land Ho are making this aren’t they , they’re full for Panzer staff.

Shame its for the joke that Natal

was just reading about this … love the concept art! The in-game stuff looks a bit bland though … still can’t wait to hear more!

Hope the kinect will work properly for this.

Also Yukio futatsugi is behind this. So for all intents and purposes this is a spiritual successor to the series.

Trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zD1DM4DScg)

I’m totally amped for this game. I’ll post an update on the main page in a few minutes.

The six limbs ar probably, sadly, not just for that one form, as the baby is like that too, unless they can evolve very differently or you can grow different baby dragons since the nurturing aspect is pointed out. Being for Kinect is a major turn off but I’ll probably find a way to play it if it’s good. Maybe if it does good it will at least make SEGA reconsider the franchise. I mean, I wasn’t a huge fan of Orta but if that’s the closest we can get to then I’ll take more of it, and they could maybe get some of the elements that missed the mark right next time.

Hi there!

The trailer looks great. The concept art also :slight_smile:

We?ve found out that Kinect is just optional for the game. You can play it with the Joypad also.

Can?t wait.

Regards,
Rynex
www.gamefront.de

Is that for real? The teaser does end with “Exclusively for… Kinect for Xbox360”.

I don’t have a problem with the dragons having more than four limbs. The dragons in Panzer weren’t traditional dragons either, and having numerous limbs isn’t out of the question in the animal kingdom. For example, this butterfly has six legs as well as wings.

Who knows how the Kinect features will work. It may just use the camera features, rather than flying. I don’t think I’d want to wave my arms around to make the dragon fly. :anjou_embarassed:

That makes sense. Still, it will be interesting to learn how the Kinect features are implemented.

The trailer was posted on 1up as well. They’re usually reliable.

It wasn’t a realism point, it was that I loved the Panzer designs which were not traditional as you said, I don’t see why he needed to change that. I already disliked Orta’s making of the dragon of more Western fantasy in appearance and the 6 limbs are further to that direction… I suppose I should have said I don’t like them having 4 legs in particular, multiple wings could work.

Ah okay, yeah the Panzer dragon designs were very unique.

Look at it this way. This isn’t Panzer Dragoon, so it’s a good opportunity for them to try some different designs. They may borrow some elements, but it’s a new universe so not everything can be the same.

[quote=“Solo”]

That makes sense. Still, it will be interesting to learn how the Kinect features are implemented.[/quote]

When Child of Eden (Rez2) was announced it was also presented as Kinect exclusive and every fan was upset. It has been conformed that Child of Eden is also playable with Joypad. So don?t worry for PD either :slight_smile:

“Exclusive for Kinect” just means : It?s not coming for PS3/Move.

I’ll try to ignore that trailer and the word “Kinect” and just… wait until we know more. The concept art looks like it’s got potential, but who knows where the art direction is heading from there. Just look at the huge difference between the trailer and that concept image. Ofc the terribly bland look might be due to this trailer having been put together in a hurry, who knows…
For now I’ll remain skeptical.

This is really awesome news!

wow the music in the trailer is pretty panzerish as well …

Never has an announcement been so conflicting to me. The fact that 3 of the big Panzer team are back together and making this in what looks like a very Panzer world is all for nothing when its tied to the worst gaming peripheral/control device to have ever struck gaming like a malignant tumour.

To the above poster, you’ll have to be specific who you spoke to on the subject of ‘joypad support’, because that would be big news to a lot of people, and go against everything announced about the title currently.

Kinect Exclusive in this case seems to definitely mean Kinect Exclusive, not Xbox exclusive, since the example you gave of Project Eden is also headed to PS3. So please either tighten up your information or source or don’t go giving false misinformed hope :anjou_disappointment:

Well…it’s cool but…why didn’t they make this a Panzer Dragoon sequel?!! I mean, Kusonoki and Futatsugi and dragons and dragons with light beams bursting from their mouths…

Why not PD? I don’t get it.

Still, I’m looking forward to it. Maybe it will make me buy Kinect along with Child of Eden.

[quote=“Ehndow”]Well…it’s cool but…why didn’t they make this a Panzer Dragoon sequel?!! I mean, Kusonoki and Futatsugi and dragons and dragons with light beams bursting from their mouths…

Why not PD? I don’t get it.[/quote]

Probably because Panzer Dragoon is still a Sega property.

I like the fact that both games have PD as the initials. It just ties the two properties closer.