Pds: 100%

Alright. I’ve been wanting to get 100% on PDS for a long time, and I’ve decided that now is going to be the time. I’m looking for any tips and advice as obviously I don’t particularly want to miss anything. What’s the most in depth guide to use? Lance’s?

I wouldn’t use a guide if I were you. Just be sure to fly around those areas that disappear to never appear again, like Forbidden Zone and Early Georgious (Paet’s mission) as well as the Imperial base. The Imperial base is the only one you have worry about nailing the rare types and it might be good to check out how to fight them if you don’t know already. Apart from that there really aren’t many worries, you can always revisit areas and it will be that much fun finding never before seen stuff on your own.

While I appreciate what you’re saying, I want to use the guide to make sure I don’t miss anything. Is it really just those three areas you mention and the enemies in the Imperial Base that I don’t get the chance to see again? Also, I’ll probably need a few pointers on getting all Excellent rankings.

Well, for the record, you can go back at nearly any point (at least, up to disc 3 for sure) and get the DUnit 01. I forgot to grab it once and went back and it was still there.

As far as Excellent ratings, this seems to be attributed to not only avoiding hits, but also using strategy (duh, I know). You’ll find that you can take damage and still get an Excellent or Great rating if you strike the enemies effectively. You can actually lose rating for constantly avoiding attacks if it seems like you’re “dancing around.” Every enemy is different, but I find this to be particularly true with bosses. Obviously, try to sustain as little damage as possible, but hit them where it hurts. It also helps if your gages are st least 2/3 of the way full when you begin a battle. You waste less time planning your attacks.

Yep. Everything else is accessible until the very end. That goes for D-Units as well, btw.

EDIT: Oh wait, only one more area. Georgious can be “destroyed” and you will be unable to return there. You do that by destroying Shellcoof. So if you simply leave it’s paddle’s alone you will be always able to return.

EDIT2: Apparently I forgot one of the Underground Uru floors

Definitely. Lance also mentioned the zones you can’t revisit here: http://panzerdragoon.net/secrets/pds_100_percent_completion.php

I could be wrong, but I think the problem with “dancing around” too much is simply that it wastes time on the battle clock. ‘Turns’ taken and damage sustained are the only obvious criteria I recollect?

Yeah. That’s what I meant. I just chose a more colourful way to say it. =P

Although I put my PDS guide on gamefaqs, the original guide over at PDS Oasis, has detailed maps, and step by step instructions, screenshots included. following it step by step will guarantee you 100 percent.

Hmm. When in the Imperial Air Force post, there are loads of the little search light stations. When you destroy the lights and the top of these cubes, a fourth breakable target flies up into the air. Does anyone know if the fourth target counts toward the 100% target destruction score?

I’m almost 100% sure it doesn’t but you should take a look at one of the FAQs.

I have but none of them say. I think I’ll play it safe and just get them all (thank the lord for save states).

Getting 100% isn’t too hard so long as you’re extremely thorough. It centers around four points.

*petting your dragon every time you visit camp.
*exploring as much of a new area as you can the first time you reach it.
*breaking all the targets in a given area (tricky in the imperial base)
*finding all the monsters (only real difficulty finding them is in the imperial base and the forest of zoah)

Assumedly there’s no way to turn blue the parts of B?F that are empty water tanks?

[quote=“Lundi”]Getting 100% isn’t too hard so long as you’re extremely thorough.
[/quote]

Thats what I thought but so far I’ve always missed something small. all my games have come out at 99% for map coverage and I have no idea what I missed each time.

I swear to God, if I miss anything I will be uber pissed.

If anyone else is trying to attempt the Excellent grades on every enemy, levelling up can be a big help. In Lance’s guide he mentions that the Sand Mites from the Garil Desert, and the Kolba in Uru are excellent ways to level up. He’s right, I got to level 25 just after the desert with the mites, and to level 50 at the beginning of disc 3 with the Kolba. Takes a bit of patience, but it’s easily done.

However, by far the best way to level up that I’ve found so far is the Golia above the forest of Zoah. The ones that hang around near the Naga cocoons give you 6000+ experience for an excellent rating. At this point in the game (level 60ish), it seems that the experience points required to level up do not increase with each level like they’ve been doing previously. So you can guarentee to be promoted every 2, sometimes 3, fights.

What I’ve been doing is morphing my dragon into Spiritual/Agility class (200/200), and then just throwing up a shield in the Golia’s danger zone and laying down the fire upon the weak spot with the Pulverizer attachment. I’m up to level 75 now and once I reach the bottom of the tower I think I’ll exit and train some more. Just for geek’s sake, I want to beat the game at level 100.

Well, I didn’t get to level 100, because you can’t. Level 99, with 9999 HP and 999 BP will have to suffice. 750k+ experience points and 250k+ dyne. All in under 23 hours. I think that’s actually the quickest I’ve ever beaten the game, but that is probably down to using Lance’s guide for the excellents (among other things). I also used Leggy’s guide too for item locations and maps, so thanks guys :slight_smile:

http://urbanreflex.uriptical.com/PDS100.png

That’s clearly photoshopped, Shadow.

Btw, do you guys reckon a 2nd generation Macbook Pro is powerful enough to run PDS via emulation? Is a good graphic card a requirement to run things smoothly?

Pity I can’t say the same about your faaaaace…

[quote=“Shadow”]Well, I didn’t get to level 100, because you can’t. Level 99, with 9999 HP and 999 BP will have to suffice. 750k+ experience points and 250k+ dyne. All in under 23 hours. I think that’s actually the quickest I’ve ever beaten the game, but that is probably down to using Lance’s guide for the excellents (among other things). I also used Leggy’s guide too for item locations and maps, so thanks guys :slight_smile:

http://urbanreflex.uriptical.com/PDS100.png[/quote]

No problem, glad to see someone using my maps, it took forever to make them. :anjou_disappointment: