Panzerense Music?

Panzerish smenzerish!

I like 95% of PD1’s music.
I like 85% of PDZ’s music.
I like 90% of PDS music.
I like 45% of PDO’s music.

(doesn’t necesserally mean PD1’s the best - just that I LIKE (as in yes or no) almost every theme.

Panzerish is what makes me think about PD.

And Geoff Mr.Azuma pwns all j00 foos!!!

Ah, that makes sense. I guess it would still be Zwei for me since I played that one first (and possibly longest).

Although I’d like to think that I could recognize at least 80% of the music in any PD game and thus think of it.

[quote=“GehnTheBerserker”]
The key word is Azuma![/quote]

The bad guy from the new Beyblade™ cartoon!

Panzer Dragoon Saga has the best soundtrack, BY FAR. The instruments used almost sound organic and sounds just as alien as the Panzer Dragoon universe, itself. Saori Kobayashi and Mariko Nanba did an EXCELLENT job composing.

I only hope that when Panzer Dragoon Saga II comes out that they compose the soundtrack for it too, since the Panzer Dragoon Orta soundtrack was obviously missing something important.

yeah… it sounded to arcade for my taste. however it had lots of elements taken from saga.

as with the game itself, the composers had most likely no fresh ideas, even Anu Orta Venia is a step back, pretty generic synth orchestra (most of Sona Mi… is synth as well, except for the strings)

I so hope i could hear an orchestra version of Sona Mi eventually, With Itoh-san live… that would be fantastic.

Orta’s soundtrack was pretty good, but it didn’t have as many tracks that really stood out as brilliant, like Atolm Dragon in Saga, for instance. I think that if the next game is an RPG, it will have a better soundtrack, because RPGs tend to have better soundtracks than other genres, IMO.

Though many will probably disagree, I think Saga’s greatest song is Premonition of War - especially at 1:42 - 2:12. It really heightens the emotional experience and really gives a good feel to the PD world aurally.

Anyone else noticed that “Premonition of War” is an instrumental remix of Sona Mi Areta Ec Sancitu?

1 Like

If “Premonition of War” is one of the Valley background tracks, most definitely. (Sorry, I don’t have the soundtrack CDs and so have no idea of what the official names are.)

Why tlk about something th game just doesnt wanna solve its only for ze fun…

I have a hard time choosing between Zwei and Saga for best compositions.

I still haven’t played Orta, but from a musical standpoint without nostalgia affecting my opinion, I’d say Orta’s music is average at best. I really liked City In The Storm, but overall, none of the songs really wow me at all like those in the previous three games when I first heard them.

I think PD Orta has a good soundtrack but Like Drenholm said, there wasn’t a track that really stood out from the rest. But there wasn’t a track that was really bad either. If I have to choose my favourite track, it would be Imperial City.

I love the pd orta sound track…dont dis it.

Great that you like Orta’s soundtrack… that doesn’t change the fact that I don’t think it’s great. Telling me not to state my opinion is absurd.

One of the things I’ve always liked about you Parn, even when you were posting at SFC, is that you are never afraid to express your opinions.

The Orta OST tracks that brought back memories of the Saturn trilogy for me were City in the Storm, Imperial City and Legacy. Great tracks IMO. Ancient Weapon 1 started out really great but didn’t keep up the initial pace until looping again.

Ditto Geoff!

Heh, City In The Storm caught my ears REALLY fast… and Imperial City is actually used in my Final Fantasy XI replacement music since I overwrote that game’s musical score with songs of my own choice for when I’m gaming on it. Final Fantasy XI’s default music is weak and uninspiring. I threw Imperial City into this one area that looks relatively ominous, with ruins of what was obviously once a great city now filled with beastmen, and it works so well.

Speaking of SFC… I haven’t been there in well over a year. The community there just thoroughly disgusted me. Most attempts to have serious discussion about games and such fell quickly. That is perhaps one of the strongest points of the Panzer Dragoon and Phantasy Star communities (discounting Phantasy Star Online); while they are small in size, they are full of people that are really passionate about the games, with players that notice all those little details that developers put in.

Although SFC enjoys the bustle of almost 2000 members, the Shining community died a long time ago. If the off-topic boards disappeared at SFC, most of its members would cease to exist. I can only imagine how strong the community would be there now if Sega had translated the complete Shining Force 3. As a non-Japanese fan of the series I feel totally alienated.

Ah well, perhaps Sega will revive the series in the form of a new console game (Sega did announce the development of a “new” Shining Force game some time back but whether or not this remake was it remains to be seen).

I didnt mean that, sorry just saying that its great, i got crarried away…

A post was split to a new topic: Putri