Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox 1

According to an article on Game Informer, Panzer Dragoon Orta will be releasing on Xbox 1 via backwards compatible on April 17

2 Likes

This is old news. Panzer Dragoon Orta was released on Xbox 1 in 2002. :wink:

In all seriousness though, I’m happy that a new generation of gamers will be able to play Panzer Dragoon Orta.

2 Likes

Oooooh my God yes. Hopefully the PAL version doesn’t have the same bugs as before.

2 Likes

Already looking at console prices. Damn it.

Ah ah I am scared to look at that… but I will have to at some point…

Might pick up a n Xbox One now that most of the games I care about are now backwards compatible. This was my last holdout! On a side note, anyone looking for a US 360 slim? :grin:

I don’t understand why they are not showing us some footage of the game?

They fixed the Xbox 360 compatibility with a 6MB patch! I finally bought the game haha

2 Likes

Enjoy!

Damn, my Xbox is useless now, I’d have preferred to play it on 360. But hey, I will wait to see how this looks on Xbox One X…

I’m an idiot with little money and less sense. Let’s see how this goes. At least I can pretend it’s a white Orta edition OXB.

3 Likes

Do you mind if I use that photo for a news story @Shakespeare?

1 Like

Damn, I’d like an X1X but in white…

Yeah, sure. Go ahead.

1 Like

But it doesn’t exist :joy:
And I’m trying to find any excuse not to get one… it’s going to happen, sooner or later…

I feel like this might be worth it alone:

Yes this is gorgeous… I have asked DF / JL for a comparative of all versions but they seem to purposely ignore my messages…
Anyway here is a comparative, this is so impressive when you see them side by side…
https://twitter.com/PanzDragWorld/status/986391013290921985

Wow, it looks really impressive running on Xbox One X. I should still have my PAL copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta packed away in a box somewhere even though I sold my Xbox consoles a while back. So it’s good to know that I can play this again if I ever decide to get an Xbox One X in the future. Sadly, there isn’t much else that I want to play on Xbox this generation (I already played Crimson Dragon), so I can’t warrant buying one at the moment.

On a side note, does anyone know if the game is still region locked?

It would be weird if it was region locked, since you’re technically not playing off the disc. You put the disc in and download a complete recompiled version of the game for the Xbox one off the store. And from what I know, the console itself is region free.

Edit: I guess it wouldn’t make sense for it to have only a single version on the store like I was thinking, to account for different language releases for games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ar_pP8ANWk According to this, it works.

2 Likes

I heard that the issue on PAL 360 has been resolved by allowing PAL 360 to run NTSC version of the game. Because apparently, ‘most’ of PAL discs include NTSC stuff as well.

I think you can use the disc from any region PAL/NTSC to download it on any Xbox One.
So it might be region free from a disc perspective.