Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox 1

The Japanese (NTSC-J) disc contains English subtitles and when played on a modded PAL original Xbox console the subtitles would appear in English automatically. That’s one of the reasons why I was able to play through the game months before the PAL release. So it does seem that the game discs contain non-region specific data; it’s simplier, after all, to distribute one build of the game, even if in each region the game behaves differently.

There’s no doubt PDO looks amazing at 4K. I’m noticing details I didn’t even see in the original version of the game, like the men running across the warship (they were in the original when I checked back).

Just a note, it looks like the comparison video is using composite input from the XBox, which makes it look worse than it really is. It’s much sharper when played via RGB.

The goat series will ressurect! Just keep fanning the flames!

Great to see this game on XB1. I’m tempted to get an XB1 just for Orta and Crimson Dragon now (along with maybe Recore, Sunset Overdrive and Rare Collection too, maybe).

1 Like

Same here.

I was prioritizing the 4K screen on my list though… now that I have one, X1X in the next artefact on my list… if there is a good sale on it, I might just go for it.