Panzer Dragoon games

I’m not saying I don’t believe you I just asked y9ou to point out the exact article at xbox.com.

Unless you’ve forgotten where you read it…

I told you, I know i read it somewhere, i know that for a fact, I cant remember where. I swear, i remember hearing it!! :anjou_angry:

hello?

From the shooter Games is II my favorite. Saga is an RPG so i didn’t really counting it to the other ones. But Saga and two are the best games ^^

First off, don’t speak for an entire generation when you actually just mean yourself (not that I’m part of your generation, being 23 and all). Secondly, “crap” is subjective. Technically PD1 has been left lacking for many reasons, the most obvious being that it was a launch title trying something different on a console that was notoriously difficult to program for. In spite of the low polygon count anybody with light-sensitive cells on their body can tell that the game is still full of interesting design concepts, even if the execution is below the standards of games today.

Oh, and I didn’t vote for the same reasons as many others here - Zwei and Saga are both equally excellent, and also totally different.

oh god… im being yelled at again. look. im not i the mood so dont yell at me. welcome to what we call today, the future. im being mean when i say that, but yes it is true that we kids veiw those kind of graphics as crap. but they were great games though. :anjou_happy: have fun posting

Noone is yelling at you, Kimimi made a perfectly valid point that you chose to completely ignore for whatever reason. No, you CAN’T speak for every kid in the world unless you can claim that you know a large percentage of it. And please do no more “hello?” or similar to that posts. This is a forum, not a chat room, only reply if you actually have something to say or if you think you can start a topic that is related/interesting. I urge you to read the descriptions found in the main forums page as well as the forum faq.

Actually, on a similar note about today’s “generation”; while Kimi (excellent post, by the way - very true) may be removed from it slightly, I’m not so much removed from it. But, even then, both my sister, who is younger than me, and a friend of mine, who’s also younger than me, both really liked the old Panzer Dragoon games. My sister has spent quite a bit of time as of late playing Sonic the Hedgehog (the first one) almost religiously. My 10 year old cousin loved to watch me play old games, too, just a summer or two ago. So, no, you can’t really speak for today’s generation, because it’s truly different for everyone.

my favorite PD game is Saga… :anjou_love:

Panzer Dragoon Saga wins hands down. It’s moving, the music is great, and is also moving in parts, the storyline is just ace, the gameplay is fantastic, not to difficult not to easy, etc… :anjou_happy:

Panzer Dragoon Orta is my favorite.

After reading this highly entertaining thread I have to risk it…

There’s one thing that I think needs to be said, the PD1 port in Orta should be considered a perfectly legal subject of disdain, it does kinda suck. I think most of us can still appreciate it on the level of nostalgia, but even compared to the Saturn version it’s lacking.

To the topic: I can’t vote in these terms either, there’s no way to pick a “best” game in the series. And even discounting the apples vs oranges issue, every game has it’s qualities…

Eins: Has the most… magic in a way. And signature music. The very fact of it’s flaws being unable to hold it from classic status speaks volumes.

Zwei: Near flawless execution of a very focused experience. As a pure game the very definition of craftsmanship.

Azel/Saga: What can be said? It’s magnificence incarnate. My personal fave music as well. There’s Panzer Dragoon fans, but there’s also just Panzer Dragoon Saga fans.

Orta: A completely worthy contemporising and culmination of a lost archetype. An almost imaculate anachronism. Is it as good as Zwei? Maybe not… Does Zwei have as much fun to sink my teeth into? Definitely not…

One final comment, we should all just be happy that ANY 13 year olds consider themselves Panzer Dragoon fans just from playing Orta. Most new gamers can’t even see past the 5 hour completion time and appreciate the game for what it is. And no one has to like every game to be a fan, I would personally rather not be part of a fascist state, how about you? :anjou_love:

I really dislike shooters, so saga to me is easily the best panzer dragoon game ever, although I never played zwei, I will buy it when I see it around

[quote=“Heretic Agnostic”]After reading this highly entertaining thread I have to risk it…

There’s one thing that I think needs to be said, the PD1 port in Orta should be considered a perfectly legal subject of disdain, it does kinda suck. I think most of us can still appreciate it on the level of nostalgia, but even compared to the Saturn version it’s lacking.

To the topic: I can’t vote in these terms either, there’s no way to pick a “best” game in the series. And even discounting the apples vs oranges issue, every game has it’s qualities…

Eins: Has the most… magic in a way. And signature music. The very fact of it’s flaws being unable to hold it from classic status speaks volumes.

Zwei: Near flawless execution of a very focused experience. As a pure game the very definition of craftsmanship.

Azel/Saga: What can be said? It’s magnificence incarnate. My personal fave music as well. There’s Panzer Dragoon fans, but there’s also just Panzer Dragoon Saga fans.

Orta: A completely worthy contemporising and culmination of a lost archetype. An almost imaculate anachronism. Is it as good as Zwei? Maybe not… Does Zwei have as much fun to sink my teeth into? Definitely not…

One final comment, we should all just be happy that ANY 13 year olds consider themselves Panzer Dragoon fans just from playing Orta. Most new gamers can’t even see past the 5 hour completion time and appreciate the game for what it is. And no one has to like every game to be a fan, I would personally rather not be part of a fascist state, how about you? :anjou_love:[/quote]

Its me DragonMaster03 replying to your post…like this…I agree with you…And this thread is highly intertaining ain’t it??