Panzer Dragoon coming for PS2 (Sega Ages)

Hmm, I’m just having a trawl for information now. Most sites (like IGN and GameSpot) don’t currently have the Sega Ages titles on their TGS lists, but the following site has all three of the Ages games listed - Space Harrier Complete Collection, SDI & Quartet and Panzer Dragoon - and confirms that they should all be playable:

game-science.com/tgs2005/gamelist.php

It also projects a release for PD before the end of the year. Given that those other two Sega Ages games are definitely going to be released soon (on 27/10/2005), I’d suspect that this might be the case. Those two games are Sega Ages Volumes 20 and 21 respectively, so it’s looking like Panzer Dragoon might end up as Volume 22…

EDIT: Another tidbit of info from the board / blog site that had the image - according to them, the Sega Ages Panzer Dragoon game is estimated 30% complete, while the other two games are the 100% complete finished products.

Given how long it’s taking for the Sega Ages version of Panzer Dragoon to come out, I’m going to say that it’s safe to say that the game is a complete remake. We all know that a simple port of the same game, with no new features, would be relatively easy (though not exactly the best idea). You have to wonder, though, if the project is only 30% along, just how much are they changing about the game? Are they enhancing the graphics to something more fitting for a current console, or are they just going to fix it up a little like other Sega Ages games, etc.

Considering that Panzer Dragoon has always been a sort of Sega “gem”, I should think that they’re going to try and give it the best possible treatment, as far as a remake goes, rather then doing it half heartedly, which may be why it’s taking so long.

Please god make it a worthy remake!
I never imagined I would one day see a PD game on a Sony console…

I’ve just updated the main page with this new info. Like Gehn said, lets hope that this title turns out to be worthy of the Panzer Dragoon name!

About the news update, Solo: Abadd’s opinion was that the text said the games would be released before March 2006 - “after March 2006” was my original BabelFish-fuelled guess, which was apparently wrong, so there’s no conflict in the info known so far. The PM I sent you about that might not have been the clearest thing I’ve ever written though, so sorry if that confusion was my fault…

EXTRA: Something else I probably wasn’t clear on is that a quite a few sites have the Panzer Dragoon game on their TGS line-up lists, but the game-science.com link was just the first one I came across while searching. I’m guessing that the big sites (GameSpot, IGN etc.) are just overlooking the Ages games for now because they’re far more concerned with the new and next-gen content that’s being shown; they’ll probably add updates about these things later on I guess…

Well I’ve fixed it now, so there shouldn’t be problem; I doubt too many people read that update since it’s only been up for about an hour. Anyway, thanks for checking that for me, it’s quite easy to misread information :slight_smile:

Yeah, that seems likely. I’ll keep a look out for news in the next few days a well, something is bound to pop up since it looks like the Sega Ages games definately will be at TGS.