sega.es/games/?g=363
sega-italia.com/games/?g=364

Mushi King - Arcade
mushiking.com/

Nancy Drew: The White Wolf on Icicle Creek - Nintendo Wii, December 2008
sega.com/games/?g=504

Pengo - PC

Phantasy Star Portable - Sony PSP, March 2009

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus - Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, Sony PlayStation 2, regular online updates
phantasystaruniverse.jp/
phantasystaruniverse.com/
xbox.com/en-US/games/p/phant … sexbox360/

Phantasy Star Zero - Nintendo DS, December 25th, 2008
phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/

Project Beauty - Nintendo DS, November 27th, 2008
beauty.sega.jp/
sega.jp/ds/beauty/

Project Diva - Sony PSP, 2009
miku.sega.jp/

R-Tuned: Ultimate Street Racing - Arcade, December 2008

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Online - PC

Saint Seiya Online - PC

Sakatsuku DS Touch and Direct - Nintendo DS, November 27th, 2008
sakatsuku.com/

Sakatsuku Online
sakatsuku.com/
sakatsuku-online.com/

Sakura Taisen Online - PC
sakura-taisen.com/

Samba de Amigo - Mobile, 2008
segamobile.com/

SEGA Rally 3 - Arcade
sau.sega.com/video/sr3.aspx
sega-amusements.co.uk/03/htm … lly_3.html

Shining Force Feather - Nintendo DS, 2009
shining-force.jp/
shining-force.jp/sff/

Shining Wind X - Mobile
shining-world.jp/mobile/

Shiren the Wanderer 3
chun.sega.jp/shiren3/
sega.jp/ds/shiren2/

Sonic & The Black Knight - 2009
sonic.sega.jp/
www2.sega.com/sonic/
sonic-city.com/
sega.com/games/?g=483
sega.co.uk/games/?g=490
sega-australia.com/games/?g=491
sega.fr/games/?g=492
sega.de/games/?g=493
sega.es/games/?g=494
sega-italia.com/games/?g=495
sega.com/sonicblackknight/

Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection - Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3, December 2009
sonic.sega.jp/
www2.sega.com/sonic/
sonic-city.com/
sega.com/games/?g=577

Stormrise - Mircosoft Xbox 360, PC, Sony PlayStation 3, 2009
stormrisegame.com/
sega.com/stormrise/

Suzumiya Haruhi no Chokuretsu - Nintendo DS, 2009
haruhi.sega.jp/

Suzumiya Haruhi no Heiretsu - Nintendo Wii, 2009
haruhi.sega.jp/

The Conduit - Nintendo Wii, March 2009
sega.com/games/?g=562

The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks - Nintendo DS, 2009

The House of the Dead EX - Arcade, December 2008

The House of the Dead: Overkill - Nintendo Wii, 2009
sega.com/games/?g=512
sega.co.uk/games/?g=497
sega-australia.com/games/?g=497

Virtua Fighter 5 R - Arcade, 2008
virtuafighter.jp/

Yakuza 3 - Sony PlayStation 3, 2009
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/three/index.html
sega.com/gamesite/yakuza/
yakuza.sega-europe.com/

Yakuza Kenzan
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/kenzan/index.html
sega.com/gamesite/yakuza/
yakuza.sega-europe.com/

The Unknown

Aliens RPG - Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, Sony PlayStation 3, 2009
sega.com/aliens/

Captain America - 2010?

Fifth Phantom Saga - Sony PlayStation 3, ???

Kouma - ???

Psy Phi - Arcade, ???

Sakura Taisen Monogatari Teito Hen - ???
sakura-taisen.com/

Sakura Himenishiki Emaki - ???

Shenmue Online - PC, ???
shenmue.com/
shenmue-online.com/

Sonic Chronicles sequel - Nintendo DS, ???
sonic.sega.jp/
www2.sega.com/sonic/
sonic-city.com/

Thor - 2010?

Unknown PlatinumGames Title
platinumgames.co.jp/
platinumgames.com/
platinumgames.sega.jp/index.html
sega.com/platinumgames/EnglishUSA/index.html

**Unknown SEGA Canvas Engine Title

Unknown Silicon Knights Title**
siliconknights.com/

**Unknown Toshihiro Nagoshi Title

Rumored**

Jet Set Radio title

Shenmue III

Shenmue IV

Skies of Arcadia 2

Sonic title by Nintendo

Streets of Rage 4

The House of the Dead 5

To be updated as more is announced. 52 titles have been announced, while 14 have been at least planned, and 7 are rumored.

You missed adding Overkill is for the Wii.

Sonic and The Black Night?

I read the description… since when did our favourite blue hedgehog start wielding swords?

The only way that this could be cool is if the knight is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

“None shall pass!”

Around the time he started transforming into a werewolf, ha.

If the naming (and I guess the theme, from fairy tale Arabia to fairy tale Medieval times) is anything to go by, it’s probably a sequel to Sonic and the Secret Rings which was pretty good (and much better than the other Sonic game released this gen) so it might not be all that bad.

I am Chizzles and this list needs more Rick Roll.

Miku Hatsune PROJECT DIVA.

:anjou_love:

Updated.

[quote=“Snow Girl”]Sonic and The Black Night?

I read the description… since when did our favourite blue hedgehog start wielding swords?[/quote]

About the same time that Sega started making Sonic into a cashcow rather than a solid game series. In other words, around the time of Sonic Heroes.

I’ve always thought those “rumored” game lists were funny. Less “rumored” and more “games the hardcore Sega fans want to see.”

And why is Sonic Heroes some sort of arbitrary cut off point for when Sonic started being a cash cow? Sonic Spinball, Sonic R, Sonic Battle, Sonic Shuffle, etc were all spin-offs before Sonic Heroes. But in fairness to the question, I believe this is the first time Sonic will have ever held a weapon, though I could be wrong.

I’ve said it before, but they lost me when Sonic began speaking like a surfer.

I miss the old Genesis days… sigh :anjou_sad:

[quote=“Abadd”]I’ve always thought those “rumored” game lists were funny. Less “rumored” and more “games the hardcore Sega fans want to see.”

And why is Sonic Heroes some sort of arbitrary cut off point for when Sonic started being a cash cow? Sonic Spinball, Sonic R, Sonic Battle, Sonic Shuffle, etc were all spin-offs before Sonic Heroes. But in fairness to the question, I believe this is the first time Sonic will have ever held a weapon, though I could be wrong.[/quote]

Both Shenmue III and a Skies sequel were confirmed to be in development by the developers (mistake or not). Shenmue IV is on the list only because it was planned that there would be more than three games (look for the timeline), the JSR title was because they renewed the trademark with more specifications added on, and the others are just popular rumors that I found around the net.

I thought Shenmue Online was cancelled, or at the very least that Sega were no longer involved with it. Have there been any updates by the development studio? If not, I think we can settle it’s dead. As for Shen 3 and Skies 2, eh, whenever were they confirmed by the developers? If they were actually confirmed then surely they wouldn’t be mere rumours. Unless we consider those developers potential liars.

That’s not the problem. The problem was that Sonic Heroes was TERRIBLE. It was a glitchy, repetitive mess with horrendous voice acting to the extent that, for the first time, I felt bad about playing a Sonic game. I enjoyed all four of those games you mentioned, but not Heroes.

Shenmue Online is “on hold” according to Yu Suzuki, but he has expressed is keenness to get the project back underway.

Why is Ambition of The Illuminous on the list?
That game has been out for ages now…
Unless of course the copy for PS2 that I bought and played was from the future…

Or are you meaning the updates themselves?

If that is the case, then, lol.

• Skies 2: The developer said they were working on the planning stages or something to that effect. Doesn’t mean it will ever come out. That could very well mean that a single designer was putting together a pitch for the game that ultimately got rejected. Considering it has been 7 years since that comment, I honestly don’t think it’s being worked on.

• Shenmue 3: Same here. And in fact, Simon Jeffery confirmed that it is not being worked on. But I suppose hard confirmation is nothing in the face of wishful thinking.

• JSR: I hadn’t heard about the “additional specs” thing. In fact, for trademark registration, I didn’t realize you had to do more than register the name and the “space” that it is planned to be used in (i.e. toys, games, whatever). What are these additional specs you mention?

• Sonic: Maybe Sonic Adventure was just released during a time when expectations were lower, but I distinctly remember there being a ton of issues in that game, too. Broken camera systems, crash bugs, and whatnot. Not that I’m disagreeing with you in that Sonic Heroes wasn’t a great game, but was just curious why that was a cut off point. (Oh, and Sonic has been talking like a surfer ever since SA1…)

Simon Jeffry also confirmed that Yu Suzuki was no longer working at SEGA Japan (and he is) so let’s not take everything Simon says as canon.

Although obviously the story for Shenmue III would have been written, I guess that could be considered concept work for the game.

There was some concept art drawn up for the JSR game, although as far as I’m aware they actually chose to make House of the Dead Overkill instead of a new JSR game… so that probably is not going to happen now (for a while, at least).

Aren’t they outsourcing HotD anyway? I don’t see why that would be an either or situation unless they considered to give one or the other franschise to a studio to build a game out of it… Still a very weird either or…

Regarding HotD…when is HotD4 coming to home consoles, if ever?

Updated. Sonic Chronicles removed, websites added.

Shenmue III was confirmed by SEGA of Europe (if you don’t believe me, I guess I can dig out the picture for you). Whether they actually knew what they were talking about has yet to be revealed (don’t know if it was ever corrected, removed, or what happened to it, but was in 2003). There are tons of other things, just read this: shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/shen … view.shtml

JSR: By specs, I meant the “spaces” you were talking about, Abadd.

Skies of Arcadia: Can’t find it right now, but I know I read somewhere that at least the planning stage was reached.

Chizzles: Simon actually over-spoke. I don’t know the specific details, but what he said was effectively true. Yu Suzuki still does work at Sega… but not in the same capacity that gamers think.

And the decision to make HOTD: Overkill has nothing to do with a potentially new JSR game. HOTD: Overkill is a joint venture between Sega Europe and an external developer. If you mean that the developer had made concept art for a new JSR game, it likely was simply for a concept pitch.

Shenmaster: Of course there was some planning done for Shenmue 3 and Skies 2. The teams always work with the assumption that their game is going to be a success, so they like to try and plan ahead a little. However, when things don’t go exactly as planned, those plans have to change. So while some level of minimal work may have been done on a Shenmue 3 or Skies 2 (likely more work done on Shenmue 3, though), that does not mean that enough work was done to really say that things got started. There is an internal approval process at any business when new projects (not just games) are started. The person proposing the project has to do some work to present the idea and get approval, but that does not mean the company as a whole is working on that project.

Hundreds of concepts get worked on every year at large publishers that never see the light of day.

As for JSR, that’s quite possible, but it doesn’t necessarily mean anything other than the fact that Sega isn’t ready to let the trademark die just yet. Does that mean it’s being actively worked on? No. Just means that they want to keep the IP available, at the very least.

[quote=“Abadd”]Chizzles: Simon actually over-spoke. I don’t know the specific details, but what he said was effectively true. Yu Suzuki still does work at Sega… but not in the same capacity that gamers think.

And the decision to make HOTD: Overkill has nothing to do with a potentially new JSR game. HOTD: Overkill is a joint venture between Sega Europe and an external developer. If you mean that the developer had made concept art for a new JSR game, it likely was simply for a concept pitch.[/quote]

I mean that out of the ideas that were pitched, HotD was the one that got comissioned (At least, that’s the impression I get from Wiki, however it is full of lies made up by the Irish). But the JSR concept art was done by a relatively well known concept artist, if I remember right.

reyyy.com/JGR/beat_final.jpg

reyyy.com/JGR/gum_final.jpg

EDIT - Why doesn’t this forum have image auto-resize??!! :o

Although at the time the game was being pitched for Wii, the later trademark implied that it might have been a downloadable title for portable devices.

Yu Suzuki is the head of AM+, he recently headed Sega Race TV, so Simon over-spoke his ass quite a bit, if you ask me. I wouldn’t really call being the director of an Arcade game “coming to SEGA every now and then with an idea”.