Noisy PC Fans

Annoying aren’t they?

The fans inside my PC have always been quiet. However, last year they decided to get noisy - VERY noisy.

From then on, every time I turned on the PC the fans generated what I can only describe as a very loud, rusty lawnmower-type sound. The sound would gradually subside after a few minutes until the fans were either humming gently or until relatively silent. Rather worryingly, on some occasions I could also hear the sound of grinding metal. 0_0

I assumed that the fans were simply showing signs of old age and I considered getting them replaced but my guarantee had expired :frowning:

Since then I’ve just had to put up with it - until now!

Yesterday, I came across a step-by-step guide which explains how to cure the problem - D.I.Y. stylee! All you need is a screwdriver, a drop of oil, and a little bit of patience :slight_smile:

The guide can be found here.

I can honestly say that this method works 100% and the fans inside my PC are now super silent 8)

I don’t know how common this problem is, but I hope the above guide can be of some use :slight_smile:

Haha.Coicidence coicidence.My fans are dead for a loong time.I haven’t bothered in purchasing a new set and from time to time then do get noisy…

I think I would bother now either :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanx anyway Maru.