Nintendo Revolution

He means that you have pay for LIVE and a seperate fee for PSO. Having to pay two fees for one game (assuming the person wasn’t interested in any other XBL games) isn’t something many people would like having to do.

And who on earth would get LIVE for just 1 game?.

Yes but with those you don’t have to subcribe to actually use the machine on the internet in the first place (of course you have to pay for the internet), like the Dreamcast, PC and GC MMORPG so its worth the subcription. On live youve alreayd paid the subcription so whats the point?

[quote=“sega91”]

Name me 1 other Online RPG that people don’t pay for this gen ?. I really can’t think of one.

Yes but with those you don’t have to subcribe to actually use the machine on the internet in the first place (of course you have to pay for the internet), like the Dreamcast, PC and GC MMORPG so its worth the subcription. On live youve alreayd paid the subcription so whats the point?[/quote]

I really give up. For a start I my self haven’t got PSO becasue I not paying a fee for a port with some extra stuff. Just making the point SEGA have to charge to keep the serves going that all

But LIVE is only ?30 (with Head set), thats ?5 more than what it cost for the BB Adaptor for the CUBE . For a years worth of Online gamming and downloads with the best Online service there is.

I’m online with the PS2 as well and it’s Central Station Station is pathetic, slow as hell and keeps crashing all the time. Live is so much better and the friends system is the best there is.

As soon as you turn on the X-Box you can see what friends are online, and what they are playing (to join them ect). Hell you can even ask for a chat, so you can speak to people in the USA/Europe/JP ect (with out using a phone call). I?ve done this and it?s great.

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]

Name me 1 other Online RPG that people don’t pay for this gen ?. I really can’t think of one.

Yes but with those you don’t have to subcribe to actually use the machine on the internet in the first place (of course you have to pay for the internet), like the Dreamcast, PC and GC MMORPG so its worth the subcription. On live youve alreayd paid the subcription so whats the point?But LIVE is only ?30 (with Head set), thats ?5 more than what it cost for the BB Adaptor for the CUBE . [/quote]

A years worth? Buying the BB Adaptor has no such limits does it?

The same people who would buy pay a subscription fee to play one MMORPG (like Everquest, as an example). The point I was trying to make is that Everquest players don’t have to pay two fees, so why should PSO players (especially since PSO isn’t even MMO).

I get the really though that Xbox live wan;t really desgined for MMORPGS 9or similar games) so its annoying that Microsoft force you to play all onlie games though it. They should have let you connect to the PSO servers speratly if Sega want to make a profit out of it.

[quote=“sega91”]

Yes but with those you don’t have to subcribe to actually use the machine on the internet in the first place (of course you have to pay for the internet), like the Dreamcast, PC and GC MMORPG so its worth the subcription. On live youve alreayd paid the subcription so whats the point?But LIVE is only ?30 (with Head set), thats ?5 more than what it cost for the BB Adaptor for the CUBE .
A years worth? Buying the BB Adaptor has no such limits does it?[/quote]

Yeah that?s true but ?25 for about 3 online games is hardly great value is it?

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

The same people who would buy pay a subscription fee to play one MMORPG (like Everquest, as an example). The point I was trying to make is that Everquest players don’t have to pay two fees, so why should PSO players (especially since PSO isn’t even MMO).[/quote]

Ask SEGA

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]

Yes but with those you don’t have to subcribe to actually use the machine on the internet in the first place (of course you have to pay for the internet), like the Dreamcast, PC and GC MMORPG so its worth the subcription. On live youve alreayd paid the subcription so whats the point?But LIVE is only ?30 (with Head set), thats ?5 more than what it cost for the BB Adaptor for the CUBE .

Yeah that?s true but ?25 for about 3 online games is hardly great value is it?[/quote]

Is ?30 a year great value when there are only 3-4 decent games to play?

[quote=“sega91”]

Yeah that?s true but ?25 for about 3 online games is hardly great value is it?Is ?30 a year great value when there are only 3-4 decent games to play?[/quote]

There’s loads of LIVE games I have over 30 myself. 10 of which are really, really good online.

Last Night the weather was so nuts and bad I stayed in, as no one was going down the pub in that weather (the wind and rain was insane). And being a sunday there was nothing much on TV.
So went on LIVE and had a great laugh racing with over 20 others people on TOCA II (some made crashes) and had a ball in Hunter mode on Midtown Madness III. Mix that it with a bit of Pro Evo 4 and Out Run II for a right laugh.

That is quite possibly the largest amount of concentric quote boxes I’ve ever seen.

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]

Yeah that?s true but ?25 for about 3 online games is hardly great value is it?Is ?30 a year great value when there are only 3-4 decent games to play?

There’s loads of LIVE games I have over 30 myself. 10 of which are really, really good online.

Last Night the weather was so nuts and bad I stayed in, as no one was going down the pub in that weather (the wind and rain was insane). And being a sunday there was nothing much on TV.
So went on LIVE and had a great laugh racing with over 20 others people on TOCA II (some made crashes) and had a ball in Hunter mode on Midtown Madness III. Mix that it with a bit of Pro Evo 4 and Out Run II for a right laugh.[/quote]

Prehapes your right, to be honest I still think theres something about face to face multiplayer games anyway that make them slightly better.

Blueefoot: YOu’ve never seen some of the pyramids at SFC…

Look I?ve acknowledged that you can?t beat having a few mates over ECT. I mean the last Bank holiday A group of 5 of us did nothing but drink and play consoles all day long. As my mate had the house to himself so to speak.
Playing Monkey Ball, Beach Spikes, Conkers, SC, Track and felid, Kung Fu Chaos, Goldeneye, Mario Kart ect was just a top laugh. Not much could beat that.

Last Sunday no one was out the weather was so insane It’s done nothing but pissdown and blow gales all week here. So they were no chance of having multi player based games. Well my next-door neighbour did call in for a little bit. No one even wanted to go down the local

That?s what so great about LIVE. Is that there?s always people to play. With games like racers you really need human players, because that makes all the diff .
And I have a few USA friends from the old Sega Tech board, and thanks to LIVE I’m able to play them head to head.

And like I have to tried to point out LIVE games DO have split screen and ling up modes as well for group games. So Live as the best of both worlds