Microsoft TGS 2011 Line-up - No Draco listed

Hell, no Project Draco at the TGS. What the …?
I?ll hope they don?t canned the game. Time for some lifesigns, at all.

regards,
rynex

from gamefront.de

Microsoft Tokyo Game Show Lineup

08.09.11 - Microsoft hat sein Lineup f?r die Tokyo Game Show vorgestellt, die vom 15.09.11 - 18.09.11 in Tokio stattfindet.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon (Namco Bandai)
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (Zenimax)
Golden Fantasia X (Alchemist)
Onechanbara Z Kagura (D3)
Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
Kinect: Disneyland Adventures (Microsoft)
Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft)
Kinect Sports Season 2 (Microsoft)
Soul Calibur V (Namco Bandai)
Dance Central 2 (Microsoft)
Child of Eden (Ubisoft)
Dead Island (Spike)
Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Tecmo Koei)
Binary Domain (Sega)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (Microsoft)
Michael Jackson The Experience (Ubisoft)
Rage (Zenimax)
Lollipop Chainsaw (Kadokawa Games)

CLICK (AndriaSang: “Microsoft Shares Tokyo Game Show Lineup”)

Seeing how Child of Eden sold about 10 copies, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Project Draco has been cancelled.

:anjou_sad:

Maybe they tweaking the existing game engine and making a Panzer Dragoon game instead :anjou_happy:

Ever the optimist, eh?

As a PD fan, it’s the only sane option. The alternative is far too grim.

Darn! I wonder if the folks will get kept in a job if I blow an inadvisably large proportion of my meagre income on a 360 and the eleventh copy in quick enough time! [only-half-joking face] Child of Eden is obviously too artistic, original, nice, etc. to get fans; I guess it doesn?t have enough MEN IN ROBOSUITS and SPACE ALEINS?

i think “2hours of gameplay” reviews makes people careful.

also bad marketing, I heard from this game nothing until I joined back into this place. Same goes with rez, without panzer dragoon I would know nothing about it and never have seen anything from that game, and actually I know a lot of nerds and gamers…

At first I also thought I NEED to have something like kinect and a 3d screen.

…somehow bad marketing keeps cursing the steps of ex sega games… o-o

people buy the weirdest stuff if hyped enough in the right ways.
I mean, stalker , anyone ? Spore, or even worse, fable…
they pumped out a lot of “promises”, or ratjer, fantasies in the heads of readers , and the hype was pretty much set.

Going to buy that edenthingy asap its on the ps3 here :anjou_love:

also it lacks booty girls. usually the last frontier when you dont add armystuff and gangsters. :wink:

Oh and yeah, too artsy is a point. Hundreds of years of advertisment in culture wont change the fact most people never read faust or miltons lost paradise, but it will be around for a long long time.

Maybe that is why they called it child of eden ? Last call to conformity ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You have to dig deep for jewels, and its easy to forget the obvious gems around you, I try to be just happy art like that even EXISTS.

We could just as well live in a world/country filled with bans on any non canon art…

Beside that, its all up to us to change that.

Do you want to make commercial games that sell artistic peaks aside usual tastes ? I think that is pretty much possible.

I am not sure if I really cry if draco doesnt come up, so far what I have seen it looks trying to be cute (?) and lost in its value and initial charm… ?

Some fans ranted on Orta already, which I love.
Not sure if the programmers felt supported by their own fanbase.

Same goes with panzer dragoon azel, even if it would have been released on a more popular platform, I bet most players would have been not hooked enough at first hour of gameplay. intros have been amazing, but gameplay unfolds much later on and even there much could have been better . (whats with all the unnecessary spells…) - no matter how much i love it…

At the end I think it would be clever , from terms of gamedesign to make the first hour more flashy and hooking up a larger fanbase and let the artistic side flourish later on.

I mean , you can also go other routes, lets take an extreme example, dragon ball xD the first episodes laked the flashin part, but hooked up by bringing up a relation and an obvious development .

uh long post over. :anjou_embarassed:

[quote=“peregrine sprout”]i think “2hours of gameplay” reviews makes people careful.

also bad marketing, I heard from this game nothing until I joined back into this place. Same goes with rez, without panzer dragoon I would know nothing about it and never have seen anything from that game, and actually I know a lot of nerds and gamers…

At first I also thought I NEED to have something like kinect and a 3d screen.

…somehow bad marketing keeps cursing the steps of ex sega games… o-o[/quote]

The three things you mentioned are definitely what killed the game’s chances to sell a reasonable amount of copies. That said it was never going to be a million seller. As much as I like the game I can’t justify paying the full price for it, had they just released it for ? 15 on XBLA they probably would have made more money that they did now. I’m not sure why they decided to make it a retail game anyway.

[quote=“peregrine sprout”]Some fans ranted on Orta already, which I love.
Not sure if the programmers felt supported by their own fanbase.[/quote]

Only people that cared about the original Panzer Dragoon setting and storyline complained about Orta. The storyline was the only real flaw the game had (well that and being an on-rails shooter). The gameplay was solid, graphically few XBox games looked better, there was plenty of bonus content and the reviews were actually very positive (the game has a a 90% Metacritic score). it could have been much worse.

abload.de/img/draco_31z9c.jpg

abload.de/img/draco_2kadh.jpg

abload.de/img/draco_1w9gq.jpg

abload.de/img/draco_41zds.jpg

I like the last screenshot, though I don’t like the dragon designs…

So, yeah, not cancelled :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice. It’s quite a different style than Panzer Dragoon, but there are similarities. The dragons aren’t breathing fire, but some sort of energy ball. Perhaps the reason is that these dragons were also bioengineered.

Gaming Bolt says that Project Draco will be finished next year:
gamingbolt.com/kinect-project-dr … k-stunning

Other than style differences, it makes sense that this isn’t a Panzer Dragoon game. In Panzer Dragoon there only one hero dragon. But in the trailer we see lots of dragons and riders, flying together as if they were a team.

kotaku.com/5840556/this-isnt-you … er-dragoon

joystiq.com/2011/09/15/proje … a-in-2012/

The wording is curious. I wish it was true. I can’t help but admit that I’m slightly irritated by this NOT being a Panzer game. It just makes no bloody sense damnit!

By the by Geoffrey, optimism pays up in spades uh? :anjou_happy:

Except Yukio Futatsugi is not with SEGA anymore, and Panzer Dragoon is a SEGA property? I mean, if SEGA was willing to invest as much as MS likely has, sure that might seem ideal… but then it wouldn’t likely be an exclusive, and it’s possible this game was genuinely inspired by the Kinect.

Or to put it another way:

PD and SEGA without Futatsugi-san
or
Futatsugi-san without SEGA and PD

Gotta take what you can get? :anjou_happy:

To put it bluntly as much as I love rail-shooting I wasn’t grabbed by Panzer games because of the gameplay. For example, I love Rez but the experience is not quite the same now is it?

It’s funny because I’m quite open to new titles and don’t like people re-hashing for the sake of it…but I can’t help but feel I still haven’t explored the world of Panzer Dragoon enough ya know?

A part of me would prefer a blatantly different art direction. Original yet different from Panzer. I mean, it already has dragons in it… Oh well. I’m still eagerly anticipating it. Just don’t know how to frame it in my mind. At the end of the day thick PD fandom still courses through my veins…

And Futatsugi without Kusonoki isn’t the same thing either.

Good to see development is still ongoing, and graphically it’s looking very nice for an XBLA game. 1Up posted a detailed preview of the game as well:

http://www.1up.com/news/project-draco-tgs-hands-on

Here’s on part of the article for us Panzer Dragoon fans:

Ah, so it is an Xbox Live Arcade game. Good idea, much less risky.

We’ll have to have some forum co-op sessions over Xbox Live once the game is released.

If this is what TA can achieve these days imagine a new Panzer Dragoon by SEGA, lol.

Some more information here.

It sounds good to me. Some of my favourite games have very short levels (2D Sonic, being one such example), so I have no issues with 5 minute quests.