Microsoft TGS 2011 Line-up - No Draco listed

I was referring to the fact it says you have no control over the dragon, making it sound like Rez (or Virtua Cop, lol) rather than like Panzer Dragoon/Star Fox/Sin & Punishment. But they’ve added information in that thread showing that was a mistake. You can control the dragon after all, but you do it with leaning your body left/right/back/forth. Hmm…

Makes sense. Full control of the dragon might be difficult to implement, but basic front facing movements should be easy enough to perform with Kinect.

No PS3 version ? :anjou_sad:

God, its Orta happening all over again (i didn?t have a Xbox) :frowning:

Some new details about the game I hadn’t read before :

gamepro.com/article/previews … ect-draco/

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445181

1up.com/news/tgs-project-dra … controller

There needs to be a new international law on intellectual propriety. I’m very curious about this game and am even considering getting a Kinect to play this and Child of Eden…but this all but kills most of my hopes of ever getting a true PD sequel with TA’s core players. I guess I really need to do what I thought of back in 2003…become a millionaire, buy PD’s rights off of Sega and commission Futatsugi and company to do a proper sequel…

…or I could just grow up I guess :anjou_sad: sniff sniff

It’s not impossible. After Mizuguchi left Sega to form Q Entertainment, he still managed to make a deal with Sega to use the Rez license for Rez HD. Grounding Inc might be able to do the same for Panzer Dragoon, although a lot will probably depend on Project Draco’s commercial success. If it fails then I doubt Grounding Inc, Microsoft or Sega are going to be interested in bringing back the Panzer Dragoon license. If it does sell on the other hand, who knows… Weren’t you supposed to be the optimist here? :anjou_happy:

EDIT: another preview here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/16/project-draco-preview-fly-a-fantasy/

I don’t think anyone in their right mind expects Project Draco to sell a lot. It’s just another way of Microsoft trying to make people want to buy Kinect (in this case people who would be interested in this kinda game).

As someone said in another forum, it’s probably not even going to sell better than Child of Eden.

more

Kinect?s Panzer Dragoon ? TGS shows off Project Draco

vg247.com/2011/09/20/kinects … ect-draco/

Here’s a new interview with Yukio Futatsugi, they also look back at Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6572/from_panzer_to_draco_yukio_.php

[quote]Is the Team Andromeda staff working on this game?

YF: Tomohiro Kondo, who was one of the original members, is the game design lead on this project. There’s also Manabu Kusunoki, who is doing the design concepts here. The programming team, as well; the lead programmer on Draco was at Team Andromeda from pretty much the very beginning. Saori Kobayashi, too, on the sound side.[/quote]

Oh, hey! So it looks like I?ll be tracking down the soundtrack, if nothing else. :anjou_happy:

Apparently Project Draco will get its first playable debut towards the end of the month:

http://andriasang.com/comzxm/x360_akiba_event
I hope that means we’ll also get to see some gameplay videos.