Just got a weird PM

Hi, haven’t been here for a while but just got a weird PM email alert, So I checked it out and my only PM says its from ‘Arcie’ dated 2004…

*"Yo. Do us a favour and tell me wtf your sig is all about. It sounds far too obscene for this forum.

AVS"*

I didn’t reply to it, seems a bit dodgey to me… Anyone got any ideas?
I don’t think theres anything in my Sig thats ‘far to obscene for this forum’.

Dude, I can’t remember what I sent that for or even when I sent it, but it WAS 6 years ago. Maybe your sig was different or something.

But yeah. 6 year old PMs for the win.

makes note that I seem dodgy

I’d be careful Sharky. I think that’s a spam account.

Yeah… about once every two weeks, I get an email notification that I have a new PM and when I log in to check, there’s nothing there. Spam, ftw.

[quote=“Arcie”]Dude, I can’t remember what I sent that for or even when I sent it, but it WAS 6 years ago. Maybe your sig was different or something.

But yeah. 6 year old PMs for the win.

makes note that I seem dodgy[/quote]

Haha, Sorry! (Thought it was weird spam or something) I don’t think I’m the kind of person to have anything dodgey in my Sig ever! Then again, 6 years ago! Maybe I had a teen angst period I have since blocked out of my memory! ;p

Pretty sure it wasn’t there last time I logged onto these forums!

@ Snow Girl, that happen to me also, today! Weird stuff!

-Ryan
www.segabits.com

Happened to me again yesterday and today.

I’ve had 3 the past few weeks for one PM I had back in 2005. I’ve not logged in here in as much time! :slight_smile:

I have a couple of possible solutions to this problem that I’ll look into implementing tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience so far.

I’ve implemented a mod so that users will now have to post five public posts before the PM system can be used.

Fingers crossed that this will resolve the issue.

at least these rogue PM’s are bringing back old members! :anjou_love:

Also, I am receiving ‘ghost’ PMs in the link at the top of the page… every now and then it will say ‘you have 2 new messages’ or something along those lines… I’ll click the link and nothing is there? wtf :confused:

When did it last happen, Chizzles? If it happened before February 14, the spam PMs were likely deleted before you got to check them and presumably the count didn’t decrease.

If this happened after February 14, it may require further investigation.