Hello everyone! :)

Hey all, just joined these forums (duh!). :stuck_out_tongue:

Letā€™s see, a little about myselfā€¦

Well, I came across this place because Iā€™ve recently taken up an intense interest in the Panzer Dragoon series. I have yet to play a title.

See, my absolute favorite games of all-time tend to be ones that are more unique, and that seem to be more ā€œartā€ than simply a game. My all-time favorite games are ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. The only other games that I give a perfect score to besides those are Vagrant Story, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Somebody on a forum mentioned Panzer Dragoon Saga and how unique, perfectly-paced, innovative, and artistic it was, so naturally it caught my interest! XD

So now, Iā€™m saving up some money for a Saturn and a copy of the three Saturn PD titles.

pokes everyone Theyā€™d better be worth the money! :wink:

Still, after reading several reviews, I can hardly contain my excitement. They seem so fun, original, artistic, and distinctiveā€¦ I see no reason why I shouldnā€™t fall madly in love with them! :slight_smile:

So wish me luck in getting all of them, and Iā€™ll be able to join in on the PD-conversation soon! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums. If you like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, thereā€™s a good chance youā€™ll appreciate the artistic goodness of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Definitely start with the two shooters, and then work your way up to Panzer Dragoon Saga. They will feel a bit dated visually, but if you can look part that, youā€™re in for something very special.

There is also a fourth game in the series called Panzer Dragoon Orta on the Xbox, which is a bit different from the others but is a great PD game in itā€™s own right. Play the first three, and if you like those games, the fourth is worth trying too.

Another thing - you may wish to play the games in chronological order, although itā€™s not absolutely necessary given that the stories in the first two games are quite limited. Chronologically the games are ordered: Zwei, the Original, Saga, Orta. Panzer Dragoon Mini is a side game on the Game Gear that is not directly linked to the timeline in any way, although it is based around the first two games in the series.

Good to hear! :slight_smile:

[quote]
Definitely start with the two shooters, and then work your way up to Panzer Dragoon Saga. They will feel a bit dated visually, but if you can look part that, youā€™re in for something very special.[/quote]

I will! I intend on getting all three of them and playing them in the order of their release. :stuck_out_tongue: I know you said chronologically, but Iā€™ve always been partial to playing titles in the order of their release whenever possible. :wink:

And I can always look past technologically-dated visuals. There is NO replacement for quality art design. :wink:

On the matter of Orta, I actually have a question I was hoping you (or anyone else) could answer.

The only next-gen console that Iā€™m interested in is the 360, due primarily to the games coming from Mistwalker Studios. Not to mention that the PSPā€™s Every Extend Extra is being ported over to it with additional content! :wink: But Iā€™m kind of technologically defunct. Is the 360 backwards-compatible with Xbox titles? If so, thatā€™d save me a lot of trouble, and Iā€™d be able to pick up Orta and GUNVALKYRIE. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, thank you very much for the warm-welcome, and the information! :slight_smile:

Sort ofā€¦ the Xbox 360 can play some Xbox games, but not all of them are compatible. Every now and then, Microsoft will release an update increasing the number of games which are backwardly compatible but thereā€™s no guarantee that all of the games will eventually work. Unfortunately most of the Japanese Xbox games donā€™t work on the 360 at this time.

Hereā€™s a list of supported games (not sure how up to date this list is): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xb ā€¦ h_Xbox_360

Your best bet to play the games that you mentioned would be to hunt around for a cheap Xbox.

Welcome Alucard :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

And yeah, maybe I will pick up a cheapie Xbox then. o.O lol At least Jade Empire, Phantom Dust, and Ninja Gaiden Black were on the list.

This gen seems to have a lot of backwards compatability issues.