Happy Birthday, Queen Elizabeth!

Regrettably, I’ve a TA training weekend to embark on in five minutes’ time so I can’t indulge in a great, expansive hagiography like I was originally planning, but brief congratulations are better than none:

The newspapers report that the Queen, who today has become only the third monarch in over a thousand years to reach the age of eighty (and unlike George III and Victoria, is in the finest of health, too!), has received over 20,000 birthday cards today. I wasn’t able to add my own to that number, but hopefully this thought will make up for that.

Happy Birthday, Your Majesty! Here’s to another eighty! :anjou_happy:

Now that’s a lot of cardboard.

It’s quite a waste if you think about it. I mean, I doubt the Queen would actually read all those cards personally.

as much as i don’t mean to offend anyone… i am not a fan of the queen.

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]Now that’s a lot of cardboard.

It’s quite a waste if you think about it. I mean, I doubt the Queen would actually read all those cards personally.[/quote]

Perhaps but I’d imagine whoever sorts through them for her would probally a show some of them to her that they should she might enjoy seeing.

Same. <<

Really? In over a thousand years…?

Score one for me. Just added another fact to my, “Pretty Pointless List of Obscure Historical Facts.”