Got another old classic

Picked up Devil May Cry. It’s waxing my butt thoroughly, but it’s also fun as hell. Can’t seem to get grades higher than C. Game reminds me of Castlevania and a far grittier Legend of Zelda put together. Word has it that Dante also makes cameo appearances in several other games as well. :slight_smile:

I think he is going to be making an appearance in the PS2 release of Viewtiful Joe ^_^.

Yep, that game is one of the few reasons I regret not owning a PS2. Sounds mad fun.

By the way, is Devil May Cry really even an old classic at this point? It’s really only a few years old…

I’ve played through DMC and beaten it. Definitely a classic, if not only for its innovativeness :slight_smile:

Calling Devil May Cry an old classic makes me feel old and I’m only 18.

Doesn’t make me feel old… I’m 17 :). I generally consider games that came out before the PSX/N64/Sat era to be possible classics… I don’t really think games newer than that can be considered. I bet DMC will be a classic one day though ^_^.

Don’t pay attention to me. I’d call Gran Turismo 3 a classic if I could. ^.^

The first DMC was a good game. I don’t know if I’d call it a classic, but it had a lot of pure beat-'em-up fun behind it. :slight_smile: I suck at most action games so I had to play on Easy, but I like that even though I was playing in Easy I never really felt like I was a complete clutz with the controls. Even a novice can still feel cool. :slight_smile:

Dante is also making an appearance in the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne RPG.

Dante Shmante.

You forgot to finish the sentence ^_^.

“…is my favorite.”

Kidding ^_^.

Dant Shmante is my favourite target when playing darts.
There ya go :stuck_out_tongue:

I never actually finished DMC,ONly played for 2 minutes literally :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you not like it?

2 minutes are too minutes.I kindda liked it tho.It’s original as far as gameplay is concerned I reckon.But I hate devil thematics…

Ah… I like the whole demon/devil thing myself ^_^.

… Dark stuff. Slightly evil. Yep. Sounds good to me.

Devil May Cry… I liked it. I never owned it per se, but my friend did and I fought him for it.

He won.