Games that you're looking forward to in 2015

What upcoming games set for release in 2015 are you looking forward to?

Last year I took are large break from gaming. After Crimson Dragon at the end of 2013, I only played through one game: Sonic Generations. This year I intend to replace my aging 360 with some kind of PC and spend some time catching up on PC games that I missed out on during the last generation (for financial reasons I was mainly a 360 gamer). Many of these will be from the growing selection of innovative titles found in the PC’s indie catalogue. Not much interests me on the new consoles.

This is one new game that I’m really looking forward to though: Jonathan Blow’s The Witness.

There are not a great deal of quality games on the horizon in my opinion - although I guess I’m just somewhat jaded and don’t have enough time to devote to as many games as before.

That said, I’m looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division - although as they’re mostly online / multiplayer based I’m not honestly sure how much time I’ll have to play them.

I will make time, however, for Rise of the Tomb Raider, No Man’s Sky, and of course Halo 5.

But before all that, I have about six games I need to play first that I already own, and I want to pick up Far Cry 4…

Not too many “good” games I look forward to these days:

The Last Guardian (LOL if it ever comes out!)
FF 15
The Witcher 3
No Man’s Sky
Legend of Zelda Wii U

I’m also always looking out for info on Beyond Good and Evil 2.

I would have put The Last Guardian on my list too. I’m just not convinced that it will actually come out in 2015. It’s a bit like putting Half-Life 3 on the list.

Final Fantasy 15 looks kind of interesting. It seems that a number of Playstation-era franchises are going open world. Metal Gear Solid too. It makes me wonder what an open world Panzer Dragoon game might be like.

I moved 4 posts to a new topic: Would an open world Panzer Dragoon game be desirable?

I’ve pretty much given up hope on Beyond Good & Evil 2, as sad as that makes me.

There’s a couple interesting titles I’m looking forward to in 2015 though. I enjoyed Bravely Default a lot more than I feel I should have, and I’m definitely looking forward to Bravely Second. Persona 5 looks cool, but I’ll have to pick up a PS3 for that.

The Witcher 3 by far. If Skyrim was any indication, I could be playing Witcher 3 for the next year. :smile:

It seems that the creator of BG&E is investing time in WiLD, so maybe development has been postponed until after WiLD is released?

I have yet to properly try The Witcher series. Do you recommend starting with the first game, or skipping to the second or third game? I hear that the second game was made a lot more accessible…?

The Witcher is an ongoing engaging story. They are all deep and fun games. I’d recommend starting with the first. There are a few plot details that won’t make sense unless you’ve played all of the games.

Although, I guess you could just wait and play the new game and just read some plot synopsis…

RPGs are typically lengthy, so I’m hesitant to invest time in them. Due to lack of spare time, I have to be quite selective. An ongoing story makes starting from the beginning more appealing though.

The first Witcher does have story, and it is fairly decent. I think the quality of the story in the second game is better. Playing the first one for continuity is recommended imho.

Wow, as if I wasn’t anticipating this game enough already:

Gives me some Panzer vibes.

I like the zoomed out camera in that trailer. Makes a nice change from the over the shoulder camera found in many of today’s games.

It does look like a wonderful world to explore! A most likely purchase for me…

Although, it seems the art style has changed from the first one. The colors in Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) were bright and vibrant. Now, it seems while detailed, everything looks washed out with a lot of grays…

Defintely The Witcher 3. I was always a fan of the books and grabbed them as soon as they were translated. The second game was excellent, so I am very much looking forward to the third.

And to my surprise: FFXV. This is the first time in a very long time that I am looking forward to a FF game coming out.

Even though it was technically released last year, I am also looking forward to Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin patch that is coming out soon. I mostly added this to this list cause I really cannot think of other games coming out this year that I want to play, which is good. I do not have as much time as I use to.

Kind of off topic here, but I was curious what you thought of the translated Witcher books. I see them on Amazon and have been very tempted to pick them up. Let me know your thoughts on if they are worth it. I really enjoy the games.

If you enjoy the games, you will enjoy the books. For me it was the opposite, having read what was translated into English first and then playing the second game, I was happily surprised. You will run into familiar characters, others not so much. Definitely worth a read.

1 Like

Have a couple I forgot to mention. Don’t know if anyone has heard of it but:

Ori and the Blind Forest

Also, Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask for 3DS.

Ori and the Blind Forest looks interesting. I love how indie gaming has made 2D gameplay a real option for developers again.

Yeah and it certainly has that Miyazaki vibe! The game is releasing March 11th.