Games that you’re looking forward to in 2024

Following on from Games that you’re looking forward to in 2023, what games are you looking forward to this year?

I’m hoping we’ll at least get to see some footage of Zwei: Remake.

For upcoming games, Sword of the Sea looks quite interesting (to a Journey fan), and there’s a Horizon: Forbidden West PC port on the way (I didn’t end up playing it on PlayStation, so it is new to me). I’m not sure if we’ll see any of the new Sega games this year, but I’m looking forward to trying the new Jet Set Radio whenever it arrives.

For older games, I want to finally finish Final Fantasy VIII, which I’ve had on the go for a while.

2 Likes

My new list for 2024:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2: Rebirth (Looks fantastic can’t wait!)

Visions of Mana (Finally a true faithful continuation of the Mana series fans wanted!)

Ys X: Nordics (The next chapter in the Ys series, looks to have better battle cinematography like FF7 Remake.)

Metroid Prime 4 (Probably going to be on Switch 2…)

Beyond Good & Evil 2 (I still have hope!)

Panzer Dragoon Zwei: Remake (I hope we get it this year or at least a trailer…)

Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record (Really hope it’s coming along well I’m a big VR enthusiast.)

Sword of the Sea (Also, keeping an eye on this one.)

Granblue Fantasy: Relink (Should be a good Action RPG, people have been waiting for this for years!)

Skyblivion:

Basically, it’s a fan remake of Oblivion using the Skyrim engine and will be a gigantic add on/mod for Skyrim.

2 Likes

Riven remake
Radio the Universe
Suikoden 1&2
Metal Gear Solid Delta
Penny’s Big Breakaway
R Type Tactics remake
Star Wars Dark Forces remaster
System Shock 2
Tomb Raider 1-3 remake
(a lot of remakes…)

My GOTY for 2023 was Void Stranger.

It has the same quality as Outer Wilds in that it uses a knowledge based progression system, something I wish more games utilized. Because of this it’s difficult to actually discuss the game without spoiling it though.

2 Likes

Hellblade 2
Star Wars Outlaws
Dragons Dogma 2
Fable
Avowed
Indiana Jones
Little Nightmares 3
Alone In The Dark
Space Marine 2
Outcast
Still Wakes The Deep