Family Problems.....HELP!

Abadd speaks the truth. I didn’t get the chance to post earlier so by now there’s not really much more I can add; but yes, as isolated or helpless as she may feel these things are not unique, and there genuinely is social machinery in place to help people in such positions - counsellors etc, and if it escalates into anything illegal, then of course the authorities are there to do their job.

I was surprisingly lucky with my parents, but I’ve had countless friends in similar positions to this in past years where parents had tried to control their lives to an unfair extent. It’s not uncommmon, and by its nature it cannot last - as soon as she’s able to leave for college or a job, she’ll have full lawful control over her own life, so things can only get better.

As reluctant as most people are to do it, seeking the professional help of counsellors or others in the youth-help area can genuinely work. I’ve seen the results first-hand, and there are individuals and groups out there literally waiting to help people like her. And if this does reach the level of illegal abuse at any time, the authorities shouldn’t be too hesitant to intervene once informed.

…She’ll read it when she does get online… And I actually hope it’s soon before she follows the first bits of advice she got from ppl

And I’d like to add that I wasn’t ripping into her nor did I say she’s immature, I was giving an honest opinion. I meant exactly what I said, nothing more and nothing less. With just the info I had seen it seemed totally absurd to advice her to leave her home and I expressed that.
About the friends bit, I didn’t mean that there’s ppl that won’t care but there’s a difference between caring and being friends. Plus, what kind of a friend would I be for example and how could I possibly help her situation when I’m in a country in the other side of the world? I Just don’t want her to have any false hopes since I doubt many of us are capable of actually helping her in any way other than moral support on here. I didnt mean to sound rude and in case you missed it I said we aren’t friends YET on purpose…

…And yes Listen to Abadd and all that, nothing more to add I guess…

I hope things get better for you. I will pray for your safety (I said something sane! No! >_<)

[quote=“Neil”]She means that her mother is being a bitch.

Do I have to spell it out for you?[/quote]

Neil calm down will ya?Bitch is too vague when you wanna give some pratical advice IMO.

Paine: Fortunately for me I never had family issues.Thus, my advise can be a little “fictional” but here’s what i would do if I were you.

I assume you like your brothers very much.Cling to them.Try to do your father’s will when you can, and try not to argue with him.Don’t give a him an excuse to get pissed at you.

Arguing will unfortunately not solve the problem.sigh

Nothing i say will make it easier on you.All I can say to you is that you must try to be calm and racional even when it upsets you.Otherwise this situation mught harm you in a more extensive way.

[quote=“Orta”]There IS serious mental problems.

You can’t tell over the computer, but Tika is losing her mind! She refuses to care about how she looks, she’s always depressed, she hates everyone and everything, she tries to snap your head off, and no matter what you do, you can’t get her to care. She’s almost acting suicidal…[/quote]

Not to offend, but this is a prime example of teenage angst. We’ve all been through it, Orta.

you know what, my family is having serious problems right now, but I haven’t told any one of you guys until now. My family has had to put up with a catatonic schizophrenic stalking us and pushing false accusations (caused by his own hallucinations on us.) We recently filed a restraining order against him.

And yet I haven’t complained one bit.

I say go with what Abadd says, he’s a wise man.

The problem, Neil, is that different people deal with emotional stress in different ways. What one person might be able to take in stride might break the will of another.

The comfort is, though, as you say, most people go through rough times. People have made it through harsh times unscathed, and I have faith that with concerned friends like Orta, Paine should be okay (if she gets help).

Glad you brought that up :slight_smile:

Yeah.I myself am a very calm person in some situations.

I may sound stupid saying this but I would deal the situation in a completely different way…

Man, Paine sounds like someone I’d like to try to cheer up.
That’s kind of scary because I’m not a cheerful person. At all.

Too bad her dad prevents her from being social online. She would be the first person I would initiate a conversation with, ever.

Still, if you need to talk to someone paine im very good at helping, i have experience in the field that requires such help…(Sane talking again! When will it stop?!)

I think me and Paine would have had the same problem if i hadnt have
changed the way i act befor it got out of hand

I dont even talk to my mum and dad but all they ever do is shout at me.
hell there shouting at me as i type this from the other room.
But i never say a thing ;p
But this morning I did because my PC was thretened
they were going to take it away so I told them if
the PC goes im going to kill my self…
so they stoped and i set it back up again.
It was only last year they were saying they were going to go live in France
and leave me here with no place to go.
My mum and dad hate me and only look after me because its against the law not to.
and they argue non stop…

and thats just a scratch on the surface
So i know first hand the kinda crap you have to put up with
But trust me if you try to do anything about it you will only
end up in more crap
just put up with it untill you can move away!
its deffinitly the best idear other wize you could end up worse off then
you are now!

its strange how parents can treat their own children like this…

Its a cruel and insane world…

Sounds like me until six months ago. All I can say is, get support from your friends.

I posted the same thing twice, cana moderator delete that? Looks stupid…Shoots it

As requested, m’lord.

Thanks. o.O (Writes down notes in book) Bwaahahaha…

The best thing you could do in a hostile environment is become humble, and not become hostile yourself. If your parents yell at you, don’t yell back and simply do what your told - even if it means taking a pooperscopper and cleaning up dogshit.

What it really comes down to is ATTITUDE. If you have a bad attitude, that negativity is just going to make things that much worse, and you’re going to be digging yourself an even bigger hole. While, if you have a positive attitude, it will be noticed and it will rub off onto others - specifically, your parents - and you’ll find that you’ll have alot more respect than you did before.

Always love your enemy - because in the end, your greatest enemy will become your greatest friend.

Hang in there Sharky. Maybe a new Shining Force game is on the horizon to lift our spirits (I assume you’re the same Sharky from Shining Force Central?).

Yeah, some people don’t deserve to be parents.