Family Problems.....HELP!

Okay…Orta already told you about my dad. I just need a way to get away from it all. Orta has already told way I can get out it, but I can’t am too afraid to leave when I’m worried about what might happen to my two brothers(they’re my younger brothers).

I need help…it’s not just my dad now. My mom has been giving me a hard time, because of my dad. Also, my brothers have started to be smartasses.

I’m tired of trying to be perfect in my classes.I’m tired of everything.What do you guys think I should do?

I TOLD YOU!

In America, you can have your parents removed as your legal guardians. Or hell, sue 'em or something!

Just… Ugh! I dunno. Let them figure it out, Tik.

Honestly? Fuck them. It’s unrealistic what they expect of you. Set your own goals, expectations, etc, and then stick to them. Try not to piss your parents off, but don’t do anything you don’t want to do. Don’t feel pressured by them. Try and shut them out and concentrate on your own life.

Yeah. Listen to Shadow. He knows.

What Shadow said. And if any of your family members beat you, report their asses so they’ll be sent to a Federal Pound-Me-in-the-Ass prison

What Neil said. Being afraid of your family means you don’t have a family, in my opinion.

I’ll do it…with friends like you guys I’ll do it! Thanks!

:slight_smile:

Tika actually has friends now. grins

Heh. Just make sure you do. No one should suffer.

Forgive me Paine but what exactly do you mean by hard time?

She means that her mother is being a bitch.

Do I have to spell it out for you?

I’m going to be the voice of maturity and say you should bear with it, unless they’ve done something seriously wrong (i.e. rape you). You’ll run into some social trouble if you tell the cops the reason you left home is because your dad wouldn’t let you use the computer.

When you turn 18, you can move to San Fransisco and make a webcomic about a bitter teenage girl whos parents who hate her.

I think it’s beyond computer privelages, d-man.

Her father threatened to kick her out of the house… she’s fifteen.

No offence everyone but we don’t know nearly enough to give that kind of advice. And again no offence but I don’t think most of us are your friends, not yet atleast, we are all pretty mature and we can mostly give good advice, and we all empathise your potential situation but friends, no, we’ve barely talked (unless I missed something) so we aren’t people you can depend on to take you to their own home or to aid you in other ways should you leave your own home, some of us perhaps would but aren’t capable of doing that. So, unless your family is violent against you or pushes you to do serious things that hurt you physically or even mess with your head (and I mean bad, we all get annoyed and frustrated and angry and desperate a lot of times) or like someone mentioned earlier has sexually abused you, then I think you should put up with it and come out as a stronger person. Finish school, and after that screw them and be on your way, they don’t treat you like they love you then use them in order to escape. You are 15 from what people say, a 15 year girl old alone, without a home to sleep in and eat food in after school and what not will not lead a good life and can fall in things FAR WORSE than an unloving family. Think things over.
That’s my opinion, sorry if I offended anyone.

To be honest, I dont really know what is going on in your life to make your father want to kick you out of the house at the age of 15. That is quite common actually, it is usally a parent threat as the same threats were given to me when I was younger.
I agree with Dopefish, you will just probably have to deal with like any person your age. It wasn’t until I graduated from Highschool that I was allowed to do anything sociable with my friends, that meant no parties, sleep overs, etc.
So unless it is anything serious, like violence, beatings, drug abuse, rape, etc. then just deal with it until you can afford to move out on on your own, or if it is the case, most likely have a talk with a school consuler, or some other adult that you can confide to.

Maybe I should help her out. She is a bit ashamed to tell the whole story… But I’m not, and since she is practically a member of my household and I don’t like the fact you’re ripping into her, saying she’s immature, I should explain.

Her dad is an avid gambler, nearly lost their house, and doesn’t care if her family starves. It’s past hogging the computer; he verbally abuses them and tries to keep her from having any social life. He shoves his religion on her even though she’s not interested, and treat her, her brothers, and her mom like shit.

I’ve seen all this first hand, and I’ve seen what damage he has done, so please, try to take it easy on her.

As for the friendship thing… Paine doesn’t have many friends, so she’s a bit clingy, especially to people who she think might be able to help.

Minus the gambling part (just replace it with compulsive spending), and it sounds like our fathers could be long lost twins.

In all seriousness, I understand the pressure of her situation. It’s hard… It sometimes feels like it creeps into your mind and just messes around with the thoughts inside.

But, the answer is not to just run away. Like it has already been said, being 15 and being alone on the streets is not the way to go. That has the potential to really set her life back for a very long time.

If there is no immediate danger to physical/mental health, my best recommendation would be to study. Seriously. Study hard and get good enough grades to go to a decent enough college, with financial aid. Once in college, and if she’s paying her own way (through grants, loans, and work or whatever), she can study what she wants, and pursue her own goals. Once you can stand on your own two feet and look your parents in the eyes as an equal adult, things tend to look a lot different.

There IS serious mental problems.

You can’t tell over the computer, but Tika is losing her mind! She refuses to care about how she looks, she’s always depressed, she hates everyone and everything, she tries to snap your head off, and no matter what you do, you can’t get her to care. She’s almost acting suicidal…

Then my next piece of advice would be to go see a counselor. Not necessarily at school (sometimes there are trust issues with authority figures at schools), but anywhere. As cheesy and cliche as that sounds, they will know what to do. They will be able to either help her deal with her situation, help her get out of her situation, or at least put her in the right direction.

I’m not just throwing this off the cuff… Running away from home is not the way to solve this. If she needs to get out of that house, then talk to a counselor and find alternate housing. Once you’re out on the streets, the police have a legal obligation to bring you home if they know where you are. And if she runs from them, it’s just a downward spiral from there.

I went through a very similar situation when I was her age. And I have dealt with many friends who were clinically depressed to the point of being suicidal… In fact, I lost a friend last year to depression.

So, when I say that I am concerned, I mean it. If she needs help, the best way to do it is to go to someone who can actually do something to help her. It’s nearly impossible to get out of a situation like that on one’s own. Trust me.

Okay. thanks God Tika isn’t on line to read this, 'cause she’d kick my ass for telling you in depth what is going on