Crimson Dragon - Xbox 1 Exclusive

Fuck you MS. Fuck you. That’s all I have to say. You could’ve had my money if it were released on 360. But as it’s Xbox 1 exclusive, you get nothing.

Fuck you.

Sorry to be so abrupt about it, but even though I knew it was going to happen, I’m still seriously disappointed with this.

Heck, there wasn’t even any sound in the presentation. Added salt to the wound.

Well, we got a tad extra footage, but it doesn’t even look like it’s been graphically updated for the xbone. Looks like it could still easily run on the 360.

Can’t say I am surprised since Orta was an Xbox exclusive. At least this game isn’t in the PD world, it makes it easier for me to pass on it. I won’t support an always on system that doesn’t let me actually own the games I buy. MS’s loss. If Sony goes the same direction, I will stick to cheap PC games and just enjoy my large collection of old games. Let’s hope Sony plays this smart.

Agreed. All my hope on Sony.

BTW, I’m not so much angry as I am just disappointed. Like I haven’t got the energy to be angry about this. The DRM thing ended the xbone anyways.

Pretty much all of this. I am very disappointed, but also felt like this was coming. I will not be supporting this system and sadly, that means I will not be supporting this game.

This is pretty much my plans as well.

Video here (with audio this time, Microsoft messed up and muted the audio at the conference):

Crimson Dragon - Xbox One Announce Trailer

At ?500, the Xbox One is really expensive. I’ll probably be getting one for Crimson Dragon, but aside from that I’m really seeing nothing interesting. If the PS4 is cheaper, Microsoft is really going to be in a though spot.

The trailer as it was shown at the conference (you only hear the crowd): Crimson Dragon - E3 2013 Xbox One Announcement Trailer E3M13

Damn you Microsoft! I seriously doubt I will be getting an Xbox One. But when Crimson Dragon 2 RPG comes out, I might just break down and buy it.

The only thing I can say is: this better have completely accurate motion control. Now, there is no excuse to have shitty control using the new Kinect.

On another note, we can never truly play our games off-line. You only have 24 hours before Microsoft checks and verifies the game you are playing. It is then, that if you don’t have an Internet connection or are having Internet connection problems, the game will be suspended. Oh but don’t worry, even without an Internet connection and your game suspended, the console will still let you watch TV and Blue-ray movies…

Thanks a lot Microsoft… :anjou_sigh:

No surprises that Crimson Dragon has been moved to Xbox One. It makes sense.

I doubt I’ll be getting an Xbox One at launch. The price is too steep, and the over the top DRM is not something that I wish to support either. However, I will see if I can rent an Xbox One to buy and play through this game. If we want to see an RPG sequel to Crimson Dragon then we ought to try and support this game, even if we don’t support what Microsoft is doing with Xbox One.

Lots of sites have been saying that Crimson Dragon is exclusive to Xbox One, but I was wondering if Microsoft have confirmed this? (I haven’t watched the whole E3 presentation). Related: can anyone translate this tweet from Yukio Futatsugi? Something about the 360 version? twitter.com/yukiof/status/344186663641178112

This is really a kick in the nuts. I bought a stupid kinect that has been gathering dust just in preparation for CD.

At last they added pad controls: neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581346

this is the only positive thing in the whole ordeal. I will get to play CD but it will be a few years from now.

One the one hand, without MS the game would not exist. Sega didn’t care and anyway they (or EA) don’t have the knowhow to do a PD game again.

Oh well at least we have the old games. And treasure might release a new S&P, so all its not lost.

After hearing all the crap about the Xbox One, I don’t think I’ll even get one. Not even for Crimson Dragon. Unless they change things (especially the stuff about used games). Like I said before, I’ll just watch a Let’s Play of the game on YouTube.

I had a feeling this would happen, but even this game alone isn’t enough to make me want to buy an Xbox One. Rent, maybe. But even that’s negligible.

[quote=“Solo Wing”]No surprises that Crimson Dragon has been moved to Xbox One. It makes sense.

I doubt I’ll be getting an Xbox One at launch. The price is too steep, and the over the top DRM is not something that I wish to support either. However, I will see if I can rent an Xbox One to buy and play through this game. If we want to see an RPG sequel to Crimson Dragon then we ought to try and support this game, even if we don’t support what Microsoft is doing with Xbox One.

Lots of sites have been saying that Crimson Dragon is exclusive to Xbox One, but I was wondering if Microsoft have confirmed this? (I haven’t watched the whole E3 presentation). Related: can anyone translate this tweet from Yukio Futatsugi? Something about the 360 version? twitter.com/yukiof/status/344186663641178112[/quote]

This is the best translation I can offer (via Google):

“Crimson Dragon XBOXONE version was presented at the why. I’m going too pat correspondence hope there were many people from other users who have put and play video representation was not in the 360 version may say next generation. How 360 version was? Please wait for a while because I think the question is heard. Official answer from the MS.”

Can the first picture shown here be found anywhere else (in high res, perhaps)?
trueachievements.com/n13573/ … oar-in.htm

Didn’t they say during the X1 presentation, right before showing Crimson Dragon, say that the game was an X1 exclusive?

[quote=“Solo Wing”]Can the first picture shown here be found anywhere else (in high res, perhaps)?
trueachievements.com/n13573/ … oar-in.htm[/quote]

The image is actually already high-res, it’s just being scaled in HTML:

[quote=“Terramax”]Didn’t they say during the X1 presentation, right before showing Crimson Dragon, say that the game was an X1 exclusive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgS8UkpEmH0)

Good spotting. I wonder if that’s a mistake in the presentation, given Futatsugi’s comments about the 360 version not being officially cancelled. I hope so, anyway.

Thanks. I’ve shared it on the main site.[/quote]

I kind of expect Microsoft to officially cancel it later on. Hope I’m wrong though.

Well, the X1 is officially no longer asking for a 24 hour connection, meaning you can play games offline always. So it seems I might be getting a copy of this game after all.

By the way, was there any news as to whether this game would be available on retail, or is it still download only?

Futatsugi confirmed that it is still download only:
polygon.com/e3-2013/2013/6/1 … n-xbox-one

“Futatsugi confirmed the game is still planned only as a downloadable title, though when asked if Microsoft will sell the game using a free to play model similar to Killer Instinct’s, he said he doesn’t know yet.”

Cool !
Microsoft make a good back with the forgottent DRMs, Permanantly internet connexion and the regions locked…

But Futatsugi give me another knife hit in my back…

Why this fabulous game must be a single fucking downloadable Game ???

Why present it at E3 as a mega first party Game and let this game on the web only…
My panzer dragoon collection won’t forget that.

With the Microsoft news, i wanted to buy a Xbox One for Crimson dragon only. But now i know the game is virtual…i want to don’t buy a Xbox One and never buy a fucking new system.
I’ll stay on my Wii U :anjou_wow:

It’s influenced my decision in that I won’t buy an X1 for a long time to come.

If it were physical release, I’d have bought the game day one, and had it on my shelve until the day I wanted to play it, then would have bought the system probably soon after.

However, as it’s download only, there’s no rush to buy copy in fear it won’t be in stores forever.

Yes, it really sucks it’s still download only. MS’ loss.

If they sold it as a retail game it might not sell enough to justify the additional costs. But it’s still the same game regardless of its form (or lack of one).