Champions of England, Kings of Europe

:anjou_love:

Don’t know if anyone watched the game, but ah well

I watched it. Considered creating a topic but figured you’d do it if you wanted =P

Was a brilliant match, and a good advertisement for the Premier League. I really wish that it hadn’t gone to penalties though, I hate that such important matches end up being decided by luck. Though it was bloody good to see Ronaldo miss one, even if I did want United to win.

Seems like they’re quickly chasing down Liverpool as the club with the greatest history in this country. It’s only a matter of time before they’re won more league championships…

Nice game. Manchester started out strong but Chelsea ended up playing very well. I’m kindda sad for Chelsea because they did everything to win. For two seasons now, they came very close and ended up losing the competition.

In the name of more offensive football though, I think it’s good Man Utd won. Congratulations Scott. I’ve never been as pissed about being eliminated in the Champions League as much as this year, but I reckon if we don’t lose any key player next year Porto will be a serious contender. Mark my words.

yeah penalties are harsh, but not really “luck” as you put it… but does even the odds considerably!

when ronaldo missed thats when the nerves hit… for someone whose been immense for us to potentially lose us the cup woulda been heartbreaking

but yeah, it was ronaldo’s goal that got us there, gonna go buy a champions league inscribed ronaldo 7 shirt :slight_smile:

Yeah i think most people would have wanted United to win… i don’t think people saw Chelsea as winnign the cup, more like buying the cup.

and don’t talking about angry eliminations… not after you guys knocked us out although paul scholes’ goal was completely onside!!
we woulda won it that year… i know it…

[quote=“Scott”]Yeah i think most people would have wanted United to win… i don’t think people saw Chelsea as winnign the cup, more like buying the cup.

and don’t talking about angry eliminations… not after you guys knocked us out although paul scholes’ goal was completely onside!!
we woulda won it that year… i know it…[/quote]

Pfttt. I needn’t even talk about competitions. That year we were the kings of europe, regardless.

As for Chelsea I think they get too much flak. So it’s a team made of expensive players through and through. It’s not like they are the only ones.