Another Panzer Game?

I think the PD series needs another shooter next to establish itself on the Xbox more. Then another Saga would be good.

I don’t wanna have to buy XBox2…

To think in the money I ahd to invest only to play Orta…

If its on Xbox 2 then Sega can kiss my hard earned cash goodbye forever.

And it won’t be a prequel Gehn.

Yeah Gehn. Shadow knows what he’s talking about. :slight_smile:

If that was sincerity: Damn straight I do. A lot of things about this upcoming game are amazingly obvious.

If it was sarcasm: Damn straight I do. But less of the cheek son.

Well I’m the “truths” guy here.

I know its going to be a sequel. Why change the Panzer world greatly for Orta and go completely backwards for the next game?

The world and story of Orta does seem to set up a promising future. I also read that a script for the next game was already written (probably at the same time Orta was conceived). Planning ahead has many advantages.

You read?!Really?!

Man I tell you I don’t know what to do with my life with no PD :'C

Actually get one, perhaps? =P

Looks who’s talking Mr. 9pm

It would be some kind of "history reapeating’ if the Panzer RPG 2 developement had begun when Orta developement was on rails…
And I’m sure a new adventure game could help me to love Orta (the game I mean, the girl is a bit young ;o) better…

Latest sales numbers as far as I know:

• Japan: 43.849 (April)
  • USA: 94.740 (June)
  • UK: 12.709 (April)

Got respectable numbers in Japan but sold poorly in USA. SOA should have released it simultaneously in Japan and USA. Although there are more competition/big titles during Christmas, there are more casual buyers too. In Europe… well… Infogrames/Atari is all that you’d know. Worst distributor EVER… at last in Spain. It’s just as well that SOE changed distributor.

Microsoft will release the Xbox Platinum Collection series in Japan on October 23. Among the first titles will be Panzer Dragoon ORTA. Hopefully it’ll sell few thousand more units.

Where? Link, please.

[quote=“Shadow”]I’m not hoping to relieve Saga. That’d be a disaster in terms of the series IMO. We need something more fitting into the new style, as much as i hate it.
I know its going to be a sequel. Why change the Panzer world greatly for Orta and go completely backwards for the next game?[/quote]

Panzer world have to change after PDS. The new style fits perfectly IMO.
It remains true to Panzer world and brings new fresh air. It’s a beautiful blend of old and new blood. Because of story, the change is bigger than previous but every panzer game has always had its own style.

Back to the topic: Xbox needs more RPGs. Morrowind got VERY good sales and KOTOR is selling GREAT and fast. New Panzer RPG would fit perfectly because of that reason. I don’t think it’s son risky. Damn, “new” companies like monolith made Xenosaga and are making Xenosaga II and Baten Kaitos now simultaneously, why couldn’t sega make new panzer rpg?

Drakengard/Drag-On Dragoon is made by Cavia. The team was made especifically for the game. There are several ex-Namco creators from Ace Combat, Ridge Racer and Tekken teams.
Abadd, some questions. With Sega’s reorganization, everybody who don’t make sport games in Smilebit are going to join Amusement Vision, aren’t they? So “if” Sega were to release another Panzer game, AV would publish it, wouldn’t they?

Welcome to TWotA forums Nightwalker :slight_smile:

[quote=“Nightwalker”]

Where? Link, please.[/quote]

It was a rumour I read at the Panzer Place…

Are you doubting such a claim, or are you just not prepared to believe it without confirmation? The Panzer community needs more rumours and hearsay IMO. I hope there’s some truth in it.

A draft storyline for a future game and sequel to Orta is perfectly reasonable but that’s beside the point.

Thanks, Gehn. Good to see a lot of familiar faces here.

Hey, keep calm Geoffrey. I only wanted to read it too and to know some new details. I don’t doubt anyone.

Of course. Orta’s encyclopaedia and some artworks are very reliable proofs.

Ok, thanks.

[quote=“Nightwalker”]

Hey, keep calm Geoffrey. I only wanted to read it too and to know some new details. I don’t doubt anyone. [/quote]

I didn’t mean to give a bad impression so I apologise if my post seemed that way.

I plan on looking into these rumours however tight-lipped some official sources may be. :slight_smile:

Basically Geoff was babbling =P

Says Gehn, the master of 1337 babbling. I think I read that rumour somewhere too. But it may be something Geoff said in IRC =P

-_-