Another Panzer Game?

With the exception of Final Fantasy. :frowning:

Athough PDS has not been copied directly I have seen it influencing many other games, and the new game Drakengard looks as if it has been insipred/plagiarised (depending on your veiwpoint) by PDS.

But your right a new Panzer Dragoon RPG would be very good, and sucessful, if done right.

And Drag-On Dragoon

The plot resemble salot PD.Towers,empire,young man,dragon…

You know what they say about imitation…

I expect the next Panzer RPG to elevate the popularity of the series. We might even see a few more games!

That’s the Japanese name for Drakengard :slight_smile: Trust Squaresoft to copy an idea (like they copied Dragon Warrior) but anyway thats OT.

I wouldn’t say it would elevate the series: shoot 'em up style games have always been more popular. Having said that I personailly thought PDS was had the best gameplay out of any Panzer game, so its a possibility.

Well, are U sure? I mean REAL old school shooters like panzer or Ikaruga are not as popular as they used to be in the 90’s…I would definetely state that there is a wider audience for RPGs now…

Shooters have never been name-sellers… if only the Panzer series sold like GTA or Final Fantasy, Sega would be totally kickin ass right now

Anything remotely related to Panzer Dragoon is relevant, including imitations. This aint SFC. :slight_smile:

What we need is another real PD RPG to teach all those fakes how it’s done! Yeah, that’ll teach 'em.

Just remember folks, if there is a new Panzer game, it will be an RPG :slight_smile:

Hey I dind’t say that Mikachu!

Oh and I thought DRakengard was Drakan…

ooOops, sorry, something went wrong! :o\

Drag-On Dragoon was originally being made by Enix, I believe, before they became SquareEnix.

Yeah, it was…

I like the trailer but the music sucked…

Definitely, though i’m uncertain if Sega has the time, money, and manpower to make it a good one.

***They’d better! ***

[quote=“TheSharpEdge”]

Definitely, though i’m uncertain if Sega has the time, money, and manpower to make it a good one.

***They’d better! ***[/quote]

As long as its a a quality game i will be satisfied. I’m not looking for the next PD RPG to top PDS.

Hey sure PDS was Ace but we know that something better can be achieved within the PD universe.Just keep those Dragon VS DRagon battles !!

thumbs up

I think the next game will be amazing. The chances of it taking a few years to fully complete are high as well unless the whole of Smilebit works on it.

It’ll either be amazing or an utter flop. So no pressure Abadd =)

I don’t think Orta wasnt as unsuccesful as people made out. There was a poll on the Gamefaqs Xbox board about favourite games, and everyone who replied to it (who had Orta) but it in their top 5 Xbox games. Thats some achievement surely? We tend to think it is a more niche series because this is a small community which gives out that impression.

[quote=“Shadow”]It’ll either be amazing or an utter flop. So no pressure Abadd =)

I don’t think Orta wasnt as unsuccesful as people made out. There was a poll on the Gamefaqs Xbox board about favourite games, and everyone who replied to it (who had Orta) but it in their top 5 Xbox games. Thats some achievement surely? We tend to think it is a more niche series because this is a small community which gives out that impression.[/quote]

I wonder what the sales figures for Panzer Dragoon Orta are to date? Sales are everything when it comes to convincing companies to give a sequel the go ahead.

And if you’re hoping to relive Panzer Dragoon Saga, then yes, the next RPG will probably be a big disapointment.

I’m not hoping to relieve Saga. That’d be a disaster in terms of the series IMO. We need something more fitting into the new style, as much as i hate it.

Why?You know you are getting a prequel anyways…