Amusement Vision and XBox2

Gehn, here’s the PD1, PDZ and PDS credits if you’d like to check them out; I’m not sure where I put the PDO credits at the moment…

Panzer Dragoon Credits
Panzer Dragoon Zwei Credits
Panzer Dragoon Saga Localisation Credits

Here’s the very old interview that everyone has probably seen - PDS II is mentioned, but is not stressed as much as the other 2 interviews I’m stilll looking for; (this interview was done in 2002, the interviews I am looking for are all 2004)

tokyopia.com/tk/archives/000099.php

I would just like to let everyone know that I am finding this conversation very, very fascinating :anjou_love:

LC: I’d offer my support to you, but I’m far too entertained by this whole thread :smiley: Please continue!

Don’t speak as if you know something cause everyone knows you don’t!

Oh, and Kadamose… if you mean that PDSII is mentioned in this quote:

…then how exactly do you propose this translates into “the game is being made right now”?

[quote=“Abadd”]Oh, and Kadamose… if you mean that PDSII is mentioned in this quote:

…then how exactly do you propose this translates into “the game is being made right now”?[/quote]

As I said, that’s a 2002 interview!! The 2004 interview is MUCH more involving, and less vague - I find it to be no coincidence whatsoever that both the director of PDO AND the composer for PDS have given hints that PDS II is imminent.

Of course, there will always be naysayers, and unfortunately, there is no pleasure in proving them wrong because, in the end, everyone wins.

[quote=“Abadd”]
LC: I’d offer my support to you, but I’m far too entertained by this whole thread :smiley: Please continue![/quote]

Congrats everybody, we’ve assisted Sega by lifting pressure off the HR budget dedicated to keeping workers entertained.

…then how exactly do you propose this translates into “the game is being made right now”?

As I said, that’s a 2002 interview!! The 2004 interview is MUCH more involving, and less vague - I find it to be no coincidence whatsoever that both the director of PDO AND the composer for PDS have given hints that PDS II is imminent.

Of course, there will always be naysayers, and unfortunately, there is no pleasure in proving them wrong because, in the end, everyone wins.[/quote]

Sega is hardcore at heart and they know that they have one of the most unique game ideas out there at the moment with PANZER DRAGOON
a game that has seen five titles and spin off anime and merchandise.
Of course they will do another SAGA game as the fans want it.

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]
Sega is hardcore at heart and they know that they have one of the most unique game ideas out there at the moment with PANZER DRAGOON
Of course they will do another SAGA game as the fans want it.[/quote]

What colour is the sky on your world? Sega are a business first and foremost, their hardcore days ended when they had to withdraw from the hardware market due to poor sales. Now, unless it is guaranteed something will make a profit, it is not likely to happen. And the way they guarantee profit? Sales. The original Saga sold poorly in Japan (because so few copies were made…) so they won’t do a sequel in the foreseeable future. That was the situation 4 years ago and it still is today.

Again their is no proof that they won’t do a sequel to PDS. There’s lots of evidence supporting that an RPG of some kind relating to PANZER DRAGOON is in the works. This time things are different. Sega is a multi platform third party and the games that they release are not restricted to one console anymore. Were talking about a presistant company here not a safe one like Nintendo. Sega still making another SHENMUE title after the dismal reception of the xbox version.

What color is the sky in your world? pessimistic black?I ask you the same question as you seem to forget that Sega are still risk takers and were not living in 1997 anymore. Sega has a new audience that have n’t played their games before so it’s reason enough to introduce them to a new version of a RPG PDS. The same reason why several PD type games was released on ps2 and NGC and did okay. sega will show these people who started it.

There’s also the possibility of a new PD game beeing published by Microsoft.

They sure wouldn’t mind…

EDIT:Thanx Lance :anjou_happy:

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]

Panzer Dragoon tho is very different and not really based on strictly-japanese concepts.

Yeah I know the Dragoon took a lot for the Frensch style ect

But Japanese RPG?s and Westerner developed RPG?s play and look so different. That?s the case for 90% of the time.

The Art Direction and Organic feel of the Panzer games is 1 of the best part of the series.

I?ve yet to see any Western developed Shooter/RPG. That features charters as beautiful as ORTA or Azel.

But the way I don?t want to come across as 1 of these people that think ?Only The Japanese can make the best games ?.

Just when it comes to tradition RPG?s I prefer JP ones more. In just the same way Japanese developers can?t hold a candle to a Western developed FPS.

And there is nobdoy better able to handle SAGA II than SEGA JP thier slefs.

They haven’t let the series down yet.[/quote]

I thought OUTTRIGGER by AM2 and Sega was a good attempt IMHO.

The only thing that has given me hope of seeing another Panzer Dragoon RPG is Tadashi Takezaki of Sega public relations stating that Sega couldn’t survive without RPGs.

I wonder how much truth there is to that statement when we consider the costs of developing new RPGs, especially for the next generation of consoles which will require new, more powerful (and therefore costly) graphics engines to run them.

findarticles.com/p/articles/ … ziff120579

"He also jokingly commented on the recent fan-made Panzer Dragoon RPG trailer, saying that Sega would never release such a “gyougyoushii” (exaggerated, overdone) presentation. "

Is this the one article Goonboy?

Btw, don’t worry guys : if we don’t see a new PD game in 5 years I’ll buy the rights from Sega and Ill hire some of you to work on a new game with me :slight_smile:

Isn’t it the case that NO major games company would survive without RPG’s, considering their status in Japan?

[quote=“Arcie”]

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]
Of course they will do another SAGA game as the fans want it.[/quote]

What colour is the sky on your world? Sega are a business first and foremost, their hardcore days ended when they had to withdraw from the hardware market due to poor sales. Now, unless it is guaranteed something will make a profit, it is not likely to happen. And the way they guarantee profit? Sales. The original Saga sold poorly in Japan (because so few copies were made…) so they won’t do a sequel in the foreseeable future. That was the situation 4 years ago and it still is today.[/quote]

The days of SEGA taking big risks are gone for now in the main. But they are still taking the odd risk.
Just look at Shenmue Online (which it have spent huge amounts on), Spike Out (Xbox), Altered Best (PS2).
There?s no guarantee those will be sellers , especially with Spike Out (a game which only ever came out in JP).

SAGA did sell poorly in JP, but that had nothing to so with no enough discs being printed (That was in the USA/Europe).

It?s sold over 170,000 copies in JP. But SEGA JP were hoping for far more.

*Nagoshi also commented briefly on the many ongoing projects at Amusement Vision – since absorbing parts of the Smilebit studio, AV obviously has many games in the works – and confirmed that several of those titles are in development for the Xbox. *

They haven’t announced any of these, correct?

[quote=“Goonboy Panzer”]

Panzer Dragoon tho is very different and not really based on strictly-japanese concepts.

Yeah I know the Dragoon took a lot for the Frensch style ect

But Japanese RPG?s and Westerner developed RPG?s play and look so different. That?s the case for 90% of the time.

The Art Direction and Organic feel of the Panzer games is 1 of the best part of the series.

I?ve yet to see any Western developed Shooter/RPG. That features charters as beautiful as ORTA or Azel.

But the way I don?t want to come across as 1 of these people that think ?Only The Japanese can make the best games ?.

Just when it comes to tradition RPG?s I prefer JP ones more. In just the same way Japanese developers can?t hold a candle to a Western developed FPS.

And there is nobdoy better able to handle SAGA II than SEGA JP thier slefs.

They haven’t let the series down yet.

I thought OUTTRIGGER by AM2 and Sega was a good attempt IMHO.[/quote]

Yeah that was class. Had some fun Online too (amazing graphics).

The best Jp developed FPS I ever played was Maken X on the DC.That game was a brilliant take on the FPS genre with typical classy JP style and direction

[quote=“lagi_webmaster”]*Nagoshi also commented briefly on the many ongoing projects at Amusement Vision – since absorbing parts of the Smilebit studio, AV obviously has many games in the works – and confirmed that several of those titles are in development for the Xbox. *

They haven’t announced any of these, correct?[/quote]

Spike Out, Monkey Ball so far

I really wouldn’t know; I naturally assume so. RPGs are big sellers outside of Japan now as well (Bernard Stolar would be turning in his grave… if he was dead).

I was actually beginning to think that Sega was shying away from developing RPGs due to how costly they are to make. It’s nice to be wrong.