Ahhhhhhhhh! need help with virus/spyware

someone just attached like 40 spywares to the WINDOWS folder of my C: drive, and i cant delete them(not even with adaware,or avg). is there any hope for fixing this(i really dont want to reinstall 200+ games T_T)

Assuming that you’re using XP, you’ll need to try and track down which process is running which is preventing the file from being deleted, and then kill the process. You can use Task Manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open it) to see a list of processes that are running on your PC, are right click to terminate the process.

If you can’t kill the process then you may need to disable the process’s service (right click My Computer, Manage to open up Computer Management, and then choose Services and Applications > Services to see a list of services). Just be careful that you’re disabling the correct service, and not a critical system service.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any questions.

Try doing a web search for the name of the virus/adware: you should be able to find instructions on how to remove it.

I’d recommend booting into safe mode. That usually disables running adware allowing you to delete it.

thanks for the help you and Kurisu on the “Sonic Xtreme Compendium” saved me alotta trouble.
wow my computer is ALOT quieter now too 0_o.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOo!!!
I CAN’T BELIEVE IT, I STINKEN BLANK INTERNET EXPLORER PAGE (THAT I COULDNT CLOSE) JUST CAME UP AND CRASHED MY FREAKIN COMPUTER
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH T_T

I recommend installing Firefox - getfirefox.com - as IE has a number of security holes.

Go get yourself Adaware and Spybot. Download.com ftw.

i allready had and used firefox(but used IE for MP3 downloading(and that was only a few times(T_T)).
i had adware(it was actually shut off when the page came),and spybot.
anyway my HDD is currupt and ill have to buy a new one(which i cant afford T_T )
thanks for the help though, when i finnaly fix it ill just remove IE off the bat.