The vastness of the universe

Have a look at the following image and short video clip:

img26.imageshack.us/img26/9624/planets.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2cmlhfdxuY)

Bloody big init! Iā€™d love to explore it all, preferably on the back of a big dragon :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel small.

My brain literally cannot process this information.

I am a beautiful and unique snowflake?

^Yesā€¦ yes you are Nemoide! Youā€™re beautiful and unique and the universe just doesnā€™t care, thatā€™s all!

True story: I was (about) seven years old when the concept of infinity got lodged in my consciousnessā€¦ I still have a clear snapshot memory of sitting on the can, idly thinking about it and getting sort of trapped in a tangible imagining of this reality. I started freaking out and crying for a while. Yeah, Iā€™m a strange personā€¦ but then I think most here already knew that. :anjou_happy:

Couldnā€™t help thinking of that as I watched that vid, I remember it almost exactly like that, being unable to find an end to this universeā€¦

The vastness of our universe is both awe inspiring and humbling.

Thanks for sharing.

Ah, Heretic Agnostic, i feel with you, got the same issues as a kid once i started contemplating the concepts of both infinity and eternity.
I personally do not really believe in an infinite universe, i imagine the thing to be somehow wrapped around itself.
When you think about the possibility of multiple universesā€¦try to think about the ideas of an infinite number of universes endlessly and exponentially growing in numbers. Or additional dimensions, i wonder how things would be like if you could somehow percieve time as an additional spacial dimensionā€¦eh, i think my brain hurts and i feel small and lonely and i am afraidā€¦
Know what the scariest thing about the Powers of 10 Film is?
It illustrates nicely how everything is emptiness

yepā€¦ its big

[quote=ā€œKheelā€]Ah, Heretic Agnostic, i feel with you, got the same issues as a kid once i started contemplating the concepts of both infinity and eternity.
I personally do not really believe in an infinite universe, i imagine the thing to be somehow wrapped around itself.
When you think about the possibility of multiple universesā€¦try to think about the ideas of an infinite number of universes endlessly and exponentially growing in numbers. Or additional dimensions, i wonder how things would be like if you could somehow percieve time as an additional spacial dimensionā€¦eh, i think my brain hurts and i feel small and lonely and i am afraidā€¦
Know what the scariest thing about the Powers of 10 Film is?
It illustrates nicely how everything is emptiness[/quote]

If the human brain can not imagine the infinity, that doesnā€™t mean it is not real. Size, limits and borders are just the products of human perception, the virtual concepts.