The Matrix Revolutions (spoilers)

I just saw it today. It was alright, although the ending wasn’t all that flash… I expected more, something to make you think. The battle scene inside Zion was amazing though, really well generated.

So overall it was a good movie, but it could have been better IMO.

Opinions…

I went to see it last night!

The battle in Zion was very impressive indeed, but the ending could have been, well, better. There are just too many questions left unanswered, although I suppose that was the intention in order to make the audience come to their own conclusions. But still!

My favourite bullet-time sequence was at the showdown where Neo and Smith were duking it out in that crator and Neo prepares to punch Smith and then BAM bullet-time kicks in and you see Neo’s fist drive through the rain drops and smash into Smith’s face. I thought that was quite good :slight_smile:

The way Neo saw a flaming Smith after he was blinded was also cool :slight_smile:

About the unanswered questions:

*Why was Smith destroyed after he transformed Neo?
Did the Oracle have anything to do with it?
Or the machines perhaps?
Or maybe it has something to do with what was said in Reloaded where programs who have no purpose or have finished their task (i.e. Smith defeated Neo) are removed/deleted?
But then again Smith was no longer under the control of the Matrix’s rules so that couldn’t happen.

*Where were the machines taking Neo at the end?
Maybe to plug him back into Matrix?
Afterall, the Oracle said she’d see him again or something along those lines.
Either that or a return trip to Zion (unlikely).

Overall though, an excellent film which, like you say Solo, could have been better.

It will probably be one of those endings that grows on you over time.

Yeah, it adds a laugh to an otherwise serious fight scene. The part where Smith was going on about cookies was funny too.

It think the code that Neo was carrying destroyed Smith. Neo seemed to act as an anti virus program for the Matrix.

Didn’t Neo die at the end of Revolutions?

I see yeah, that makes sense since Neo was the “opposite” to Smith or something like that.

That reminds me. Remember in the first Matrix film where Smith was interrogating Morpheus in that office building? Remember how Smith was referring to the human race as a “virus” which “infested” the planet and that the machines were the “cure”? Funny how this perception was completely reversed in Revolutions i.e. Smith was the “virus” and the machines/Neo were the “cure” :slight_smile:

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]

Didn’t Neo die at the end of Revolutions?[/quote]

OMG!!!

Did my attention span suddenly drop towards the end of the film?

He died?! Are you sure, Solo?

I know Smith transformed him in the Matrix, but did that kill him in the real world? I thought he just collapsed of exhaustion lol. If he did die, then why did the Oracle say she’d probably see him again in the future at the end? I assumed the machines would plug him back into the Matrix.

Man, my brain hurts :confused:

Matrix Revolutions=Return of the King

Seriously.

Think about that one.

Eh? eh? eh?

The similarities are there.

But Revolution was A totally amazing film in the theaters, while i still think the series should have ended with the first film Matrix Revolutions was great. Great way to end the series. As with the second film i think you can draw your own conclusions as to what exactly is going on.

As for the destruction of Agent Smith i don’t think it had anything to do with a code Neo was carrying or that neo was some sort of virus. Seems to me that Neo and the Sourcee (that badass robot - man wasn’t he cool?) well became one. Neo and the Source together defeated Agent smith. Afterall all it seemed they were trying to get across that all life was linked - its the only way i can explain Neos real life powers. They did call Neo the one afterall and he was supposed to “return” to the source. But thats just my interpretation.

Heh and on a not so serious point: Neo=Daredevil. ha ha ha ha ha.

[quote=“RYB”]Did my attention span suddenly drop towards the end of the film?

He died?! Are you sure, Solo?[/quote]

No, not really :slight_smile:

I’ll probably have to go and watch it again as I’m already forgetting what happened. But it seemed to me that Neo had to sacrifice himself in order to defeat Smith.

You can parallel the destruction of the ring with the destruction of Smith, sure. Were you thinking of anything else?

You can parallel the destruction of the ring with the destruction of Smith, sure. Were you thinking of anything else?[/quote]

Well Revolutions was really told in 2 parts. The Battle to save Zion and Neo’s journey/quest.

Just seemed to me the battle of Zion was similar to the last stand of the Free peoples at the Battle of Pelennor fields in RotK. And then next thing you know Neo is on a quest with Trinity where they must enter the heart of the enemy territory (similar to Sam and Frodos venture to Mordor.) And of course it both the matrix and RotK it is quite a task.

I actually hadn’t thought of the destrruction of the ring as being similar to Agent Smith being destroyed, good point.

Also when Neo was carried off at the end that reminded me of Frodo’s journey across the Sea into the undying lands.

But thats about it. I don’t think Revolutions ripped Tolkien off or anything, for all i know it was pure coincidence. Its just interesting to see similar/related themes in completely different stories.

True, I hadn’t thought of that. Good point, Aitrus. You could also parallel Smith with Gollum (in a way). Smith attacks them on the way, and ends up being the one who fulfills the quest unintentionally at the end as well, much akin to Gollum.

Or you could say the whole idea is inspired by the Greek philosopher Plato’s Theory of Forms.
cis.fordham.edu/~gsas/philosophy/cave.htm
You can read it there, you might get bored halfway through (allthough I found it quite interesting back in junior high) but it could deffinitelly have given off some inspiration for The Matrix…

[quote=“Al3xand3r”]Or you could say the whole idea is inspired by the Greek philosopher Plato’s Theory of Forms.
cis.fordham.edu/~gsas/philosophy/cave.htm
You can read it there, you might get bored halfway through (allthough I found it quite interesting back in junior high) but it could deffinitelly have given off some inspiration for The Matrix…[/quote]

it confused me then I got boredx_X maybe it’s to early to be reading things like that

Seen it tonight.

I would use the word dissappointment but I wasn’t expecting much from this one after seeing reloaded.

This movie maybe me wonder why I even liked Matrix 1 in the first place.

The thing with the last 2 is that there are too many characters and FXs.
Oh and I never liked the “messiah” concept that much.

Also saw it tonight. I kinda liked it actually; it was definitely better than Reloaded. I like how the Oracle kept offering Neo candy :slight_smile: But, it doesn’t quite wrap up that much (even though half the cast dies… >.<), and the ending was a bit open.

Also, the one Smith that Neo fought was the ex-Oracle Smith right?

[quote=“TheSharpEdge”]
Also, the one Smith that Neo fought was the ex-Oracle Smith right?[/quote]

Possibly, 'cos the Oracle’s body appeared in the crater after Smith was destroyed. But I reckon it was the original Smith, the Oracle just happened to appear there when it was over. That’s the way I see it anyway.

About the Oracle in Revolutions: Why did she look different? Is she gettin’ older/dying/decaying? What gives?

The actress who played the Oracle passed away before the filming of Revolutions was finished, so another actress had to take her place. Storywise, I remember something being mentioned about her “coming back the same as before” but that was about it. Apparantly more about this is revealed in Enter the Matrix (the game) but I haven’t played it.

Why did it have to be a black housewife again?

They could have pcked anyother type of person and sex…

They probably wanted people to recognise her as the same person.

I understand that but you won’t understand the movie anyway if you haven’t seen Reloaded and Matrix.

So I think they should pic a cmopletely different typ of character.It doesn’t make much sense to have a equal character with a different face IMO…

The actress who played the Oracle passed away before the filming of Revolutions was finished, so another actress had to take her place. Storywise, I remember something being mentioned about her “coming back the same as before” but that was about it. Apparantly more about this is revealed in Enter the Matrix (the game) but I haven’t played it.[/quote]

Bloodyhell.

I wasn’t expecting that, I assumed she’d be in Revolutions since it was filmed side-by-side with Reloaded. Damn. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was all those fags she had to smoke for the part that killed her :confused:

Actually, thats pretty much it. I think she had some sort of a cancer problem or sumthin…

Oh, and in the game, she says the Merovingian killed her b/c she helped Neo. Also, if she didn’t die, the Merv wouldn’t let the little girl and her family survive.

It wasn’t too bad, I liked it more than Reloaded.