Yukio Futatsugi working with Mist Walker

gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i … tory=13054

*Gamasutra also pressed for the specific corporate whereabouts of Panzer Dragoon series director Yukio Futatsugi, who also released Phantom Dust to critical acclaim on the original Xbox.

To this, Shane Kim replied, “Mr. Futatsugi is working closely with Mr. Sakaguchi on his projects. As an MGS Japan employee, he’s working closely on those projects, since those are the big things we’re working on in Japan.”*

Kind of ironic that the creator of Panzer Dragoon has ended up working for a development team founded by the creator of Final Fantasy, don’t you think? :wink:

Hopefully this will turn out to be good news, and that he’ll be able to pump some great ideas into Mistwalker’s games.

[quote=“Solo Wing Dragon”]Kind of ironic that the creator of Panzer Dragoon has ended up working for a development team founded by the creator of Final Fantasy, don’t you think? :wink:

Hopefully this will turn out to be good news, and that he’ll be able to pump some great ideas into Mistwalker’s games.[/quote]

You didn’t like Blue Dragon? I thought it was fresh being a new RPG and all.

Oh, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with Mistwalkers existing talent - just saying I hope his influence within Mistwalker will make the developer even better.

Mistwalker games are the number one reason I’m buying a 360. They’re also the number one reason why I’m entering the next-gen at all. Their titles (specifically Lost Odyssey and Cry On) just bleed potential perfection, and Blue Dragon just seems so fun! :slight_smile: That’s not counting whatever else they’re cooking up with their various teams! :slight_smile: Plus, Sakaguchi-san spoke of his interest in crafting an MMO of some sort… I normally shy WAY AWAY from those, but who knows… Mistwalker has gotten me interested in the “next-gen” why not the MMO genre too? :stuck_out_tongue:

The reasons why I’m excited for Mistwalker’s future titles are a mile long, and they just seem to be getting longer and longer. :stuck_out_tongue: