Working PSP 2.0 downgrader

It’s out there people!

And it works. Tested and verified.

Of course, I can’t tell you where to get it…but, if you’ve been waiting for one, you know where to look.

Now 2.0 users can downgrade to the US 1.5 firmware, and use homebrew applications to their hearts desire.

It uses a re-compiled firmware version tricker (which was made a few months ago, and didn’t really downgrade the firmware, it just made the PSP THINK it was a higher version than it was, so as to play the new 1.52 required games like Namco and Medievil.)

With the recently discovered flaw in the 2.0 firmware, the recompiled firmware tricker tricks the PSP into thinking it is a version 1.0 firmware, so the 1.5 can be re-installed over the 2.0 (which is faked out to look like a 1.0)

Of course, it’s only a matter of time before Sony gets wise to this and patches up the holes in the security.

So, get while the gettin’ is good.

Good luck and have fun!

Seen it but as there aren’t any homebrew stuff I really want yet (the GBA/SNES emus are nowhere near fullspeed yet) I aint trying it just yet (though if a new firmware update comes up I’ll hold off doing it for as long as possible).

I’m hoping they’ll make a 2.0 homebrew launcher using the image viewing expoilt rather than make a downgrader… After all, if they managed to run a downgrading application using that, I’m sure they’ll eventually manage to run whatever app they want. The problem was they couldn’t run programs through the memory stick but now that’s apprently solved since they got working downgraders.