What is it about Panzer Dragoon Games

that got your attention. Or did you just grow up playing them? I like the story line and all of the creatures that i saw in the demos on my xbox game. It caught my eye, and looked interesting.

Same as every other video game. THE MUSIC!!!

moshes to the Expected Enemy on Alternative Elements

[quote=“Arcie”]Same as every other video game. THE MUSIC!!!

moshes to the Expected Enemy on Alternative Elements[/quote]

I like the music too.:slight_smile:

heh, I didn’t make the connection between the topic title and the rest of the question first time. Thought you were just asking what is IT about PD…

So in that case I’ll just have to say, dragons, they’re like cool and stuff.

I’m more of a Forbidden Forest girl myself :anjou_embarassed:

Ditto!AE’s version of that theme is superb.

The music and the artstyle are tied for me.(tied as in draw…)
They make the world and thus they make me like this game called Panzer Dragoon.And thus they tend to distance me a bit from Orta…

what attracted me to this game?

Riding a dragon.
Killing everything.

Seriously. that’s all I wanted when I first bought PDO for 20 bucks. Then I learned a bit about the story, and wanted to try the other games. PD1 was on the PDO CD, so I finished it, then moved on to Saga, and it was kind of a revelation: a game like this couldn’t be created today. PDS is a real gem, a game to be enjoyed… hem well, I guess you all know what I mean

So here am I, still riding dragons and killing stuff, from one game to the next, but with older graphics, nicer music, better combat system, and a dragon that doesn’t grow up to look like a giant mosquito. (see heavy wing lvl5 from PDO)

[quote=“KBlack”]what attracted me to this game?

Riding a dragon.
Killing everything.[/quote]

[quote=“KBlack”]what attracted me to this game?

Riding a dragon.
Killing everything.

Seriously. that’s all I wanted when I first bought PDO for 20 bucks. Then I learned a bit about the story, and wanted to try the other games. PD1 was on the PDO CD, so I finished it, then moved on to Saga, and it was kind of a revelation: a game like this couldn’t be created today. PDS is a real gem, a game to be enjoyed… hem well, I guess you all know what I mean

So here am I, still riding dragons and killing stuff, from one game to the next, but with older graphics, nicer music, better combat system, and a dragon that doesn’t grow up to look like a giant mosquito. (see heavy wing lvl5 from PDO)[/quote]

:anjou_happy: Me too.

What I like most about Panzer Dragoon is the unique and profoundly rare feeling of other-worldliness. There is nothing in the Panzer Dragoon world that breaks this feeling, it’s absolutely seamless - the world shown to us on screen mingles with the music, the music pronounces the sound effects, the sound effects accompany the stunning visuals. Though the graphics are technically dated in Saga and earlier, they’re far more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion than any next-gen screenshot that today’s companies can come up with. The Panzer world is very much a bottom-up affair. It’s clear from the start that unlike many fantasy worlds, where at first a name for the world, how it was created, who lives in it and our main character’s past is decided, this world began with a feeling; a feeling of emptiness, loss, decay, but, somehow despite (perhaps even because of) this, an underlying beauty. Occasionally gathers wanderers, seekers, nomads - they build small villages to try and make sense of the loneliness, but their constructions never last. There’s a slight sense that once there was activity and glory, but this is all but forgotten, reminded of only by the ancient constructions that roam the world indistinguishable from the wildlife, that scarce remember their creators themselves.

And then, always as if from nowhere, comes the dragon and the rider. All powerful, bonevelent, destructive. Glory returned to this surreal world.

And yet, when all’s said and done, little seems changed. The world continues as it did, the dragon and rider seem to have protected little more than the status quo - as is to be expected for such a destructive force.

I’ll sum up the feeling that attacts me so much to the world by example; the ending of PDS. Azel finds herself in a seeker’s village, searching for Edge. She knows she’ll never find him, but that won’t stop her looking. She’s told it’s a bad time to travel across the desert. Does that bother her? Why would it? What possible reason could she have to stay at the camp? Does she love Edge? Would it matter if she did? Is she even looking for him?
And so she departs, creature and rider, into the desert. Where construct was indistinguishable from wildlife now construct is indistinguishable from human. Edge now gone, the world is once again as it was - inhabited only by seekers; beings not so much seeking something but seeking something to seek.

I also like shooting enemies with cool weapons.

What got me into this game I think I said but I will say again. While looking at demos, I clicked on Panzer Dragoon Orta and watched it over and over and over, wondering abou tthat dragon and girl. Wondering if they would die, live, or have an epic adventure. While looking for video games in the mall, I came across the ‘dragon game’. Then I read the title: Panzer Dragoon Orta. Sounds interesting. I got the guide book, along with the game. I get home, put in the disc, and my mind just opened up to a whole new level of graphics! They were extrordinary! :anjou_wow: I was dumbfounded, at a loss for words! I played and played and played. Playing as a Dragon that accutally saves a girl/drone, just astounded me. Usally dragons HATE humans! But not Lagi. Another thing that amazed me was the misuc! I love music, and I enjoyed listening to it while playing. The creatures caught my eye to. This game must have taken years to plan out, and create into one epic adventure that on one will forget. Keep it up Sega, keep it up.

I’m not sure. I think Panzer Dragoon was either included with or one of the first games I got for ye olde Saturn and I came to think it was quite nifty in its own way after a while. If I like a game enough that I’ll actually play it and buy the sequels, you know it must be good! :anjou_happy:

In short, I don’t think it was anything specific. But I have always been interested in the unique storyline and world which the games feature. And the music is indeed brilliant!

PS: Lagi is the man!