Trailer for Sega Heritage Collection

segabits.com/blog/2012/09/02/seg … nterviews/

Jet Set Radio - September
NiGHTS - October
Sonic Adventure 2 - October

The Steam logo shows up at the end, but it’s unclear whether this means Sonic Adventure 2 is coming to PC.

Good news indeed :anjou_happy:

Any ideas on the price ?

They said we would be happy with the prices. Maybe 800 MSP / US$10?

Prices confirmed for XBLA and PSN. 800 MSP / $9.99

blogs.sega.com/2012/09/17/nights … n-october/

I have no idea why the Steam version isn’t mentioned. Lots of complaints about that in the comments.

[quote=“Solo Wing”]Prices confirmed for XBLA and PSN. 800 MSP / $9.99

blogs.sega.com/2012/09/17/nights … n-october/

I have no idea why the Steam version isn’t mentioned. Lots of complaints about that in the comments.[/quote]

Too bad for PC players, happy i went for a PS3 :anjou_happy:

We also get Christmas NiGHTS for free? That is just awsome!

The only games i can think of right now that i would like to see released on PSN from the Saturn are SEGA Rally and the Panzer games, what about you guys, which Saturn games would you like to see on PSN that are still not there?

Burning Rangers and Dragon Force 1 & 2 come to mind (the Sega Ages version of Dragon Force 1 is already on PSN in Japan I think).

I’m going to wait in the hope that a disc release will happen in the future, like with the DC collection.

As for other Saturn games, I’d like to see:

Baku Baku Animal - this game is so addictive ^^
Panzer Dragoon series
Shining Force 3 series (fan translation nearing completion last time I checked)
Sega Rally
Daytona USA - I’ve played a demo of this on Xbox and would love to play online against other PC players. Ditto for Sega Rally.

And yes Burning Rangers too!

For me:

The Panzer Dragoon series (obviously)
Burning Rangers
Dark Saviour
Shining Force III Trilogy (in English)

Jet Set Radio is now out on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/205950/

I played through a demo of Jet Set Radio on the 360. They’ve done a great job with updating it in HD, and the addition of the second analog stick for controlling the camera is helpful too.

The controls feel a bit awkward, especially in comparison to Jet Set Radio Future, but I understand they wanted to create a faithful conversion without modifying the gameplay too much. I still recommend this game to anyone who hasn’t tried it, twelve years on. It has aged remarkably well.

I already played through JSR on the Dreamcast and don’t have a huge urge to replay it so I’m not going to buy this version, at least not straight away. Definitely going to purchase a copy of NiGHTS though.

I tested the demo of Jet Set Radio on my PS3 yesterday, first time i ever played the game.

I must say i loved it, it has that quirky arcade-ish SEGA feel to it. The simplicity of the controls surprised me as well, i must admit they feel a little bit loose by todays standards but its a lot of fun to play.

The Cel shading also looks great in HD.

I will probably get it together with NiGHTS in October.

Not sure if you guys knew this, but it turns out Jet Set Radio is coming to additional platforms - Playstation Vita, iOS, and Android.

There’s some screenshots of the iPhone and iPad versions here:
toucharcade.com/2012/07/20/jet-s … s-now-too/

Also, Sonic Adventure 2 for PC is not listed on Sega’s page for the game. I guess it’s not happening (straight away, at least).
sega.com/games/sonic-adventure-2/

[quote=“Solo Wing”]Not sure if you guys knew this, but it turns out Jet Set Radio is coming to additional platforms - Playstation Vita, iOS, and Android.

There’s some screenshots of the iPhone and iPad versions here:
toucharcade.com/2012/07/20/jet-s … s-now-too/[/quote]

This is smart but at the same time I feel like the game could have used some control tweaks. I’m hoping that we get to see Jet Set Radio Future at some point in time, because not only is it a much more accessible game (kind of like Zwei versus the original Panzer Dragoon), but also because it paves the way for a Panzer Dragoon Orta rerelease. I’m really hoping JSR HD sells enough copies to see more remakes later on.

I agree about the game needing some control tweaks. It’s going to be even harder to control on touch screen devices. Gamespot in particular gave the game a scathing review for this reason.

I changed my mind and decided to get the game though (360 version). I’ll likely get the Steam version in the future too (when I upgrade) to support the cause. Played through a number of stages yesterday. Even though there are issues with the controls and camera, I’m having lots of fun with it. Perhaps nostalgia is blinding me, but the game is still highly enjoyable (in a painful, old school kind of way). A good strategy I find is to take care of the large tags at the start of the level so that by the time the tanks and larger weapons come in you can quickly take care of the smaller ones without having to stop and risk getting blown up.

Jet Set Radio Future HD would be awesome, as would an HD version of PDO. From the original Xbox, I’d like to see Gun Valkyrie HD and Phantom Dust HD as well since I didn’t play either of those two back in the day.

New trailer for NiGHTS and Sonic Adventure 2:
blogs.sega.com/2012/10/02/availa … nto-dreams

Both games will be coming out on the PC, but their releases will be some time after the console versions. In the comments, Edward from Sega explains that the reason PC games are delayed is due to the different “moving parts” and stores that PC games are sold on. But as far as I know the games have only be announced for Steam, so I’m a bit confused. I left a comment asking him if the games are coming to other services.

A thought i just had, SEGA is sitting on top of a gold mine if you take into account all the great franchises they have created, but somehow they either lost the pickaxes or the miners or both to get to the gold and somehow appear to be happy about finding an occasional gold nugget here and there amist all the rocks.

All things considered, i?m starting to think that the mine should, maybe, be sold to someone who is actually interested in digging, the question is, who is capable of digging with the flair, quirkiness, innovation and passion of the old days SEGA ?

Maybe no-one.

There’s a Model 2 collection coming out on XBLA and PSN.

segabits.com/blog/2012/10/17/mod … y-the-cat/

Virtua Fighter 2
Sonic the Fighters
Virtua Striker
Fighting vipers
Virtual On

It doesn’t look like they’ve been updated in HD though.

Oh God, please bring Virtua Cop as well .

SA2 is now on Steam, no sign of NiGHTS though. Hopefully it’s because they’re fixing the control issues and not because the PC version has been cancelled.

TRiPPY confirmed the PC version will still be released. Rumour has it they might actually release a patch as well, although there’s no official confirmation yet.